Doubts about AGS skills...:(

Started by Bijulinus, Wed 22/09/2004 00:38:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Bijulinus

??? Hello... I spent these last two weeks making an AGS game for my girlfriend, and I managed to continue an old project... a funny serie about a silly private investigator.
But now, at 75% of my game, I've a doubt.
>:( :(
I've made backgrounds and sprites without spending much time on them, simply and easily. I fear they suck and nobody will play my game because "looks horrible"!
I hope someone really not cares to graphics, or my serie has no future, as I'm not a ...how do you say? art-designer? drawer? well, that is.

Tell me it will be enjoyed!  ??? :o
I'm too lazy at the moment to find a good signature.

MrColossal

why not post some of the art in the critic's lounge? I'm sure tons of people will play your game, we aren't that hung up on graphics.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

evenwolf

Just make sure:

"Vel Please Play This" isn't anywhere in your game's title.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

m0ds

Bijulinus, you seem to be contradicting yourself :O

"I spent these last two weeks making an AGS game for my girlfriend"

That's cool! Keep going, cos I'm sure she'll like it.

"I fear they suck and nobody will play my game because "looks horrible"! "

But... A minute ago you were making it for your girlfriend, not me!

My advice is that you continue, you've got quite a way if its 75% done. When its finished, with its graphics of whatever quality - you can always THEN go back and rework them. Reworking part way through production of your game can sometimes really screw things up.

Hopefully we'll see your game in a week or so? :D People won't mind about your graphics! Not even your girlfriend, im sure :)

Gilbert

Graphics is just one factor in a game, it's not everything, if the game is fun enough, there'll still be people playing it.
Don't mind on poor graphics, there're many AGS games with poor graphics but still occupied the players for some minutes, like 6 Days Assassin...

Bijulinus

;) Yes, you are all right.
Well, I'm doing it for my girlfriend, but I managed to release it also for you all! (what a honour, uh? 8) ;)
But 6 Days Assassin has better graphics then main... ok, here the screenshots come on the Critic's Lounge!
Check them and thanks!

Bijulinus

???Oh cavolo, this is my second day on the forum and I feel silly.

What does "PM someone" mean?
Please reply, I must put my screenies in my game-on-production thread! Thanks!

sedriss

PM = Personal Message
"To PM someone" is to send someone a personal message.
By the time you read this you've already read it.

Bijulinus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk