Mittens 2007: Ontario, Canada (Update: Mar 21, 2007)

Started by Quintaros, Tue 10/10/2006 18:54:51

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Matt, good news!

Quintaros, 2007 is going to be an expensive year for me. Really early deposits from myself are very unlikely.

Dart

... I LOVE this location (seeing as I LIVE in Southern Ontario). I could probably house all of you too... however I really don't have time. :x In my program, we have co-op and classes and no summer break, so I'm sad to say that I can't join you guys. -_-; This would've been an excellent opportunity too. But maybe a miracle will happen and my uni will be closed for a few weeks. I can always dream...

Scummbuddy

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

scotch

Skip uni for a week? I've done it for less cool reasons...

Quintaros

Only 1 person has PM'ed regarding the deposits I asked for back in November.Ã,  So no cottage has been booked to date.Ã,  It may seem early to start thinking about these things but the window of opportunity is closing.Ã,  My first choice is now completely booked for the month of July and the availability of others is also declining.Ã,  The dates that I initially specified may need to be revised because of this.Ã, 

So again, please PM me to make arrangements for a deposit so that I can secure a suitable site for this year's Mittens.

Thank you,
Darren

MrColossal

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

AGA

I am still hoping to come, but I'd like to know if it's going to be just me and Eric attending, or whether more people are coming. Because, quite frankly, I despise Eric.

Quintaros

Quote from: MrColossal on Tue 23/01/2007 22:46:31
Th... That was me right?

I suppose you did PM me regarding the deposits before any method was established to actually transfer money.  Since I updated the thread with some methods...nada.

MrColossal

My apologies. However, AGA's question stands for me too...

I mean Jess and I will go to canada and stay in a cabin for a week, no problem... But will other people be there? If no then we'll be having lots of canadian sex... If yes then we'll do the same but I'll trim my public hair down a little first. Don't want to gross you guys out!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Quintaros

So far no one has firmly committed although I imagine there's still a fair amount of interest. 

I understand your reluctance to commit when no one else has but someone has to be the first.    I'm coming for certain (and it's no small trip for me either), Mattgoble seemed ready to put his money down, there's a fair number of Ontario locals who have no good excuse not to come...  It may be a group of 10 rather than 30 I really don't know.

The Ivy

I'm totally in, even if it means telling some white lies at work. "Foot surgery" indeed. :-,

Baron

Ditto.  Except for the foot surgery part.  PMing now.

Disco

I'm coming. How can I go to 3 meets over 4,000 miles away and not go to one that is closer to 300 :P. The problem right now is the deposits, I hope to be able to come up with some funds soon, but have issues being worked on right now with the nice people down at the unemployment office :/. I should be able to update my status within the week.

Pumaman

I'll be in, assuming that we get the critical mass of people that we need to make it happen.

Quintaros

Since some people are reluctant to commit until they know who else is going, I'll maintain an updated list of confirmed attendees in the first post of this thread.

m0ds

LOL! That sucks. People won't go unless certain people will? Tsk!

Anyway, I'm gutted. I just won't have the money for this, cos I quit my job and got a new one which doesn't pay anywhere near as well. If I do go it'll be last minute (as it has been every other year, to be fair :P)

Helm

I cannot get the money for this. I am therefore out.
WINTERKILL

Quintaros

Helm, M0ds...sorry to hear that you two can't make it.  I was looking forward to seeing each of you again.

Radiant

Oh, er, right! I kind of forgot about this thread. Anyway I'd love to be there, and the deposit shouldn't be a problem although I'm not sure if the bank would transfer it before the 31st.

Quintaros

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk