Mittens 2009: Have You Paid THE MASTER METER?

Started by Grundislav, Mon 06/07/2009 23:06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Quote from: Andail on Tue 07/07/2009 16:41:42
I demand plenty of pictures, especially of people rarely seen before, like Snarky.

The forum-bound snarky is elusive and rarely glimpsed.

Having gone back to the regular grind of coding, meetings and hour-long commutes, Mittens already seems like some languorous week-long dream. My only physical evidence that it really happened is a sunburn and a cold. Sounds like I'm not alone, and Mitteneers are spreading pestilence all across two continents. Fear us, for we bring the Black Flu!

I don't have that many photos, but I should have a video of Queen Elizabeth being burned in effigy while all of Mittens cheers. Shocking!
(I'm sure we have enough different takes and angles on this event to put together a very impressive special-edition DVD.)

It was great to meet everyone and get to know all the cool people hiding behind the forum names and avatars. It was a lot of fun all-round, and pretty much the perfect way to spend a summer week. My friend Dana who dropped by on the last day was openly jealous. Special thanks to Francisco for setting it all up and to Mills for the rides.

Also looking forward to all the stuff people were working on throughout the week, including games, tutorials, documentaries and murder mystery movies. But more so to seeing you all again some time!

MillsJROSS

Nothing mentionable occured on my trip back "home" (I'll officially be back home next week). It was great to meet new people, and catch up with those I've met before.

The house was awesome! The penis jokes were plentiful! All around, a great trip!

Now I'm going to go into the long drawn out process of saying something to each of you, cause hey, I spent a week with yous guys.

AGA - While I don't think I mentioned it to you, I'll fondly remember the times you were swimming atop the water on our friendly dolphin. You looked rather silly, and it tickled my innards to watch you swim about.

CJ - Always a pleasure...thanks for AGS and all that...um...love you?

Creed Malay - What a guy! There's always a positive fun aura about you, even though I can only understand half of what you say.

Dark Stalkey/Becky - This time let's not wait 5 years to see each other again! Becky, it was a pleasure meeting you, as Eric said whilst in mittens, you fit in easily.

Darth Mandarb - Always fun, next time try to get off of work! And we need to do a Gloves sometime this year. We don't live that far apart.

Dutch Marco - Thanks for making us all diner that one night, Marco! I was glad to see you again.

Disco - Condoms on penis guns, revealing yourself to all those in the pool whilst playing Melee. So many memories, most of them involving penises.

Eric/Jess - You must of course give a detailed story of your mustache incident. Jess, Penis... 

Esseb - The Dunder Salts weren't that bad...until they went into your mouth, then they were horrible.

Grundislav - Thanks for hosting this! Gloves sometime this year...we need to make it happen.

Miez - Your blue cup was superior to all other pixeled blue cups. It was good to hear that you were having fun making computer games for the near living.

Nacho/Lorena - Nacho you're just as manly as Lorena, according to what you drank the last night. I expect next year you'll be able to eat many more crackers, with success.

Pesty - It was fun to meet you, you were constantly providing both food and mustache for everyone.

Quintaros - You haven't responded yet, so I assume you're vomiting in some hotel room, wondering if the steak tar-tar was a bad decision, it was. However, I had an awesome time, maybe we'll communicate more outside of mittens as well, huh?

Scummbuddy - I enjoyed mentoring you over Space Quest I-III, and pixel blocks are amazingly good fun.

Snarky - Another new member! I hope we won you over for next year.

Sylpher - Another another new member. It was nice to meet you, and I enjoyed the bite of Hawaiian food.

I didn't get to know some of you as well as I'd have liked to, but that's why there's next year. Thanks for all the laughs!

-MillsJROSS

Miez

Got some pics online:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miezpiez/sets/72157620978738951/

I have not been able to add titles and descriptions to all of them and they're rather small - if you see a picture that you'd like to have in a larger size, just send me an IM.

Again: I already have fond memories of this Mittens. Look forward to seeing you all next year... ;D

Oh and Jess: holy shit, those cards are COOL! :)

Disco

Wowie!

Just returned about 15 minutes ago, and boy is it good to be back (in the lower 20­­°s!), though do miss you all already :o

I left Nacho and Lorena on the Tri-Rail train this morning so they should be home in a bit (EST).

Anyways we all had quite the week didn't we? Thanks to Fransisco for getting us this beautiful Mansion to house all of our depraved and inane doings, also to Jeremy for hosting me the night previous and after Mittens and for driving. Also thanks to Chris for the few rides I had in the rental. You're a star ^_^

It was great to see everyone again, and to the few new faces, welcome aboard and do return next year! I hope we all had an impact and you are willing to return. Seriously, that daytime pool nudity was just a one time thing meant to score a point in Melee, that isn't an annual event :P

Like I said it was great seeing everyone, and I would like to write something about everyone but need to keep it brief....

Snarky- I'm glad you enjoyed your first Mittens and do hope to see you at one again or next time I'm in the Windy City. It was great fun chatting and seeing Hollywood and visiting the zoo with you. Keep in touch, mate!

Esseb- We didn't talk much last year, but I felt I got to know you a bit better this time and had fun chatting and hanging out during the week, as well as the last night swimming in the pool while everyone else was cleaning the house :P

Jess- Thank you for the 500 points! :D

Pesty- Who knew your packs of party mustaches could change the course of Mittens in so significantly??

My photos and videos may just end up in a zip folder to download, other than that my Facebook friends can look forward to seeing them soon. OOOOH Are you jealous CJ? (come on man! it's been like 1 1/2 years since I sent you a request! :P)

Creed Malay

I am finally home and still seem to be alive.

Dudes, that was frickin' awesome. I honsetly don't think I've ever had a better two weeks. Big love to Gundy for the hosting, CJ and Lackey for the driving on the road trip, and everyone for being their awesome selves and contributing to the gestalt.

I'll post a proper detailed declaration of the joy of it all later, for now, have a Mittens Meat Machines comic.

http://mobilemeatmachines.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-hubris.html
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Domino

What's going on here?  :)

edit: I want to see the Death Car.

Andail

So Snarky is the Jesus-guy?

Don't get mad if I'm wrong; Miez photos didn't have proper captions.

Disco

Quote from: Andail on Wed 08/07/2009 02:12:01
So Snarky is the Jesus-guy?

Well, if this guy matches your image of Jesus, then yes, he is :D

Andail

Oh, I took him for Esseb for a brief second.
Damn Norwegians, they all look alike.

Miez

Quote from: Andail on Wed 08/07/2009 02:12:01
Don't get mad if I'm wrong; Miez photos didn't have proper captions.

Captions? Not all of them have captions - yet. Still fighting the dreaded Jet Lag  ;D

Becky

http://dasjoe.de/~becky/Mittens09/

You know you want these photos!  Adamski and I worked on captions for these late? last night, they may make little sense in the cold harsh light of day!

Warning: There are 550ish photos, click at own risk.

Nacho

Lore and me are back... It's been a lot of fun. People I had as mates are still mates and people I had as pricks are no longer that. See you next year.

Photos soon.

And yes, Mark, working in Foy... probably tomorrow I will have the three first characters appearing in the demo complete.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

LimpingFish

It's taken me half an hour, but I clicked through EVERY SINGLE ONE of Becky's snaps!

All I can see when I close my eyes is strange people made out of fireworks riding Kudu through a surf of pink milk! WHILE A MONARCH BURNS!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

m0ds

LOL Nacho they will be in GIF all over the beunos photoshop place? I hope so :D

Where are the group photo shots BTW? I wanna see :D Enjoying the all round photo fun so far :)

Domino

Miez

The Ivy

Darth Mandarb

@ Domino - hey!  When you gotta go, you gotta go :D

Disco

Yay group photo time!

Front: (from left) CJ, Miez, Disco, Esseb, Lackey, Nacho

Back: Scummbuddy, Darth Mandarb, DutchMarco, Snarky, Creed Malay, Finkenstein, Grundislav, MrColossal, Becky, Adamski, Pesty, Sylpher, Lorena, Quintaros, MillsJRoss, AGA

AGA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk