You are both mean!  :'(

Anyway, I will start practising to act better next year ^_^
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

m0ds

You can play "Little Willy"

You passed the audition in Spain 06 ;)

Ryan Timothy B

Ahh.. the Ben Jordan movie.

I had watched an episode of Supernatural a few months back and instantly thought of it as being the next Ben Jordan movie.  The main character Sam kept reliving the same Tuesday over and over just like in Groundhog Day.  Every time Sam's brother would die (and he Always died each Tuesday), Sam would wake up and relive Tuesday again.  Each day he tried new techniques to try to keep his brother from dying, but it was pointless.

I think the episode was called "Mystery Spot".  It was Season 3, Episode 11.  I really enjoyed that episode, I recommend you guys to watch it. :P  And it has Ben Jordan ALL over it.

Miez

Quote from: Mods on Tue 28/10/2008 17:46:09
I might save a 150 extra for a return trip day and night trip to Bimini (after Mittens, or during, if anyone else wants too) :D

I'm SO THERE!  ;D

Nacho

Can we have a little bit info about the possible extra day in Bimini? Flight? Ferry? Prices...?

m0ds

It's between $150 and $200 for anything up to 7 days, I believe. I'll double check! From Fort Lauredale or whatever it's called in Miami, which I believe is the airport we'll be flying into? I'm not sure, only sort of skim read all this info for now. It could be fun to take a couple of tents and just find a cheap camping site. But, from a few people, I've heard that Bimini is extremely magical, and time appears to "slow"...awesomeo!

Naturally it's all about Miami! But as we're so close, I thought it could be a bit of fun...especially for fans of FoY, as a big chunk of the game takes place there, as did the entire demo. It'd be nice to see how in-accurate we were :P Anyway, it's just something to consider, even if it does end up just being myself, miez & nacho ;)

The whole holiday could be quite costly, so I'm saving now! I presume we'll be visiting some of the movie studios? :D If so how much are day tickets roughly??

Darth Mandarb

I'm on board for an excursion to Bimini ... I flew over it in a small plane a few years back on my way to the Bahamas!  Got an aerial view of the 'Bimini Road' and I said "Some day I'm gonna go back and dive on that road!"  So it would be awesome to get a group to go!  I'm all about 'roughin' it with some tents!

As for the 'movie' studios ... are you talking of Disney World?  That's in Orlando and would take a major chunk out of the Mittens week.  It's a (roughly) 3.5 hour drive from Miami (depending on where we all end up staying) and you need at minimum 2 full days to do it right!  A 3-day 'park hopper' pass (which allows you to just go back and forth from park to park) will cost about 150-200 USD.

Stupot

I need to find a spare bit of time to read this thread through, but I think I'll have a bit of spare cash in the Summer, if I'm careful.  And I hate the idea of missing out on all the fun again.

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 31/10/2008 21:00:08
The main character Sam kept reliving the same Tuesday over and over just like in Groundhog Day.  Every time Sam's brother would die (and he Always died each Tuesday), Sam would wake up and relive Tuesday again.  Each day he tried new techniques to try to keep his brother from dying...

Sounds like... Episode 6X15 of The X-files:
The main character Mulder kept reliving the same Monday over and over just like in Groundhog Day.  Every time a man in the bank would kill Mulder (and he Always did this each Monday), Mulder would wake up and relive Monday again.  Each day he tried new techniques to try to keep himself from dying...

DutchMarco

Sorry Jeremy, but Disney Land doesn't attract me enough. Bimini on the other hand... I'm already planning an extra week or so (before or after, not decided yet)to get mor of my money's worth out of the airfare.

Pumaman

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sat 01/11/2008 15:36:40
As for the 'movie' studios ... are you talking of Disney World?  That's in Orlando and would take a major chunk out of the Mittens week.  It's a (roughly) 3.5 hour drive from Miami (depending on where we all end up staying) and you need at minimum 2 full days to do it right!  A 3-day 'park hopper' pass (which allows you to just go back and forth from park to park) will cost about 150-200 USD.

If you look back in the thread, we've already discussed going down a couple of days early/staying a couple of days late to visit the Orlando theme parks, so it wouldn't be part of Mittens but some of us are definitely considering doing it before/afterwards.

Grundislav

A lot of people are expressing interest in extra excursions.  Keep in mind that we'll likely be renting the house I linked to, so we want to get our money's worth out of that.  If people want to stay a few extra days afterwards to go to theme parks/Bimini, then by all means do so, especially if it means getting more out of your airfare.

I just think that the week of Mittens itself, we should stay in the Miami area.  There's plenty to do here already!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 02/11/2008 16:04:13If you look back in the thread, we've already discussed going down a couple of days early/staying a couple of days late to visit the Orlando theme parks, so it wouldn't be part of Mittens but some of us are definitely considering doing it before/afterwards.

Yup, I just didn't think we'd come up with anything solid!  Before/After is a much better idea I agree (and will be there either way!)

And I agree with Grundi ... staying in the Miami area for the week of Mittens is a good idea!

m0ds

Ah, well other people have misinterpreted. I'm sure I said Bimini as an extra to the Mittens week. I thought there was a theme park in Florida, guess I'm wrong. In which case Im not bothered. As long as we go to a water park, that'd be fab ;)

Darth Mandarb

I knew you meant Bimini after Mittens!  Just wasn't sure about the other ... and Disney World is in Florida ... just a bit to the North! :)

There is a water park in West Palm Beach (probably about a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from where we'll be staying) that is pretty nice!!  It's closed for the season now and doesn't list (on their website) when they are 'in season' but it might be open during mittens!

m0ds

Sweet! Thanks for the info Darth :) I just realised I don't mind if I don't move a muscle. Mittens will be ultra awesome! Ultrawesome in fact! Just the name West Palm Beach gives me a nice tingle :p But not in my pants don't worry!

Grundislav, for how many days have you considered it to last? How much fanboyism can you take before you have to call it off?  := And thanks in advance, for hosting it in 09!

Grundislav

I'm planning on having it be the standard Mittens length, one week, most likely from Wednesday to Wednesday.  This means July 22-29, 2009.  Are these dates good for those interested in attending?

Nacho

I don't say "no" to those dates :)

SSH

Are you going to hunt skunk-apes, too?

Miez

Becky

Those dates are perfect - I'll be 21 on the 23rd as well so wheeee!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk