Mittens 2015 New Orleans August 7 - 14

Started by Disco, Sun 04/01/2015 05:22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

MillsJROSS

Quote from: Grundislav on Wed 05/08/2015 15:50:03
If Gunnar's hotel is near the airport and Mills gets there by noon, would it be possible for you to pick us up at the airport? By "us" I mean Darren, Tzach, Noa, and me.

That's fine, but if I'm the only one with a car in the morning, it actually might be best to use the hotel as a staging area until one more car comes along, since I'm counting 6 people (Grundy, Snarky, Darrren, Tzach, Noa, and myself plus luggage). When do AGA, ddq get into town?

Snarky

I'm underway! (The flight itinerary is somewhat less than ideal, with a detour to Copenhagen and a seven-hour layover in Newark.) See you all in NOLA! ... where Google informs me we can expect 37 degrees C. :cool:

I expect we'll work out transportation at the airport. If we don't have enough seats we can just get a taxi.

ddq

I'll get in town about 6 hours after whenever I decide to leave.

Stupot

Have fun Mitteneers!
Explore the locations, interact with your surroundings, talk to the locals and pick up everything that isn't nailed down. But most importantly, take pictures and share your fun with the rest of us. (nod)

Andail

Have fun everyone! Really sorry I couldn't make it this year, but budget concerns and a new family situation made it hard for me to undertake such a longest journey...

LimpingFish

Have a fun Mittens, peeps! \o/
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

m0ds

Have a great time out there! I doubt that will be hard 8-)

Mandle

Have fun all! I hope we get to see some photos of Gabriel Knight scenes recreated with you guys standing in for the characters ;)

Grundislav

Boo hoo wah wah Mittens is over :~(

It was a great time, and seeing everyone again was great. Thanks to Mills, Tamara and Drew for driving everyone around and to Ken for organizing it all.

::growl:: Oh, I think I hear a mountain lion. Gotta go!

MillsJROSS

Got back home safely. After a six year gap in time it was truly wonderful to see how quickly I was able to gel with old friends, and just as nice was making new friends. I was a little nervous coming back to Mittens after so long. I was worried it might not be the same. I was worried I hadn't really worked on anything AGS related in some time and wouldn't relate. I was worried that I had grown out of it. You guys showed me that wasn't the case, and I really am thankful I got to share this time with you.

I feel far more energized creatively after seeing the show and tell.

The thing I learned the most, though, was that Tzach is almost always the spy. Also skinning garbanzo beans does make a legitimate difference in the taste of Hummus.

I'm interested in seeing the long-term affects of swimming in high levels of bacteria. I'm expecting us to have mutant super-powers next Mittens.

-MillsJROSS

P.S. someone left there cell phone in my car. It's an iphone with Superman the Movie logo as the screen. I believe it's Quintaros's, but in the event it's not and someone is missing their phone, PM me and I'll ship it back to you.

tzachs

We are now back home. :~(

Mittens was great fun, and it helped a lot that the weather was so lovely throughout the entire week 8-)
Meeting familiar faces was great, meeting new people was also great!
New Orleans itself was a real blast, I actually got to ask a voodoo guide "What do you know about gris gris?" which was probably my personal adventure related highlight of the week.
Also, just as an fyi to those who left early, I got to eat a beignet on the very last day, hooray!

Stealing from Grundislav, I would also like to thank all mitteneers for the planning, driving and entertaining.

Mills, indeed I was a spy a lot during the week, but you'd be happy to know that during the weekend IT BROKEN and now Kayla is the undisputed spy.
As for the iphone, I can confirm it is indeed Quintaros's. I believe he "accidentally forgot" it in your car as part of the oldest trick in the book. ;)

cat

I'm glad you all had a great time :)

Two important questions:

• Where is the group photo?
  • Have you decided next Mittens' location, yet?

AGA

1. Forthcoming. ddq and Esseb took some
2. Probably Australia

We're still on our way home, and will write up when we can.

ddq

Here's the group photo that matters.

cat

Compared to last year's super bock collection this is a ridiculous small amout of booze :P

Australia? Better start saving money right now 8-0

yamipanda

Quote from: ddq on Mon 17/08/2015 20:30:59
Here's the group photo that matters.
Looks like you had fun. ;) I might just have to start saving up for a trip to Australia next year then.

ddq

Here are the group photos. I will upload the rest of my pictures somewhere soonish.

Esseb

Stupot

Quote from: Esseb on Sun 23/08/2015 20:51:03
Better late than never, here are my photos: http://esseb.com/photographs/mittens_lagniappe/
D'aw, man. It looks like so much fun. I will make it to Mittens at least once in my life. (nod)

Mandle

Quote from: Esseb on Sun 23/08/2015 20:51:03
Better late than never, here are my photos: http://esseb.com/photographs/mittens_lagniappe/

Looks like such a fun time...Love the "movie spoilers pictionary"....I'm gonna totally yoink that and play next time my movie club meets!

And damn....I want that boxed copy of Resonance sooooooo badly....Who won that one?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk