Mittens 2015 New Orleans August 7 - 14

Started by Disco, Sun 04/01/2015 05:22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco

Quote from: AGA on Sun 08/02/2015 11:47:48
Dusty Mansion isn't actually dusty, because I have allergies ya know  >:(

It is more "Son of a Preacher Man" dusty than "poor maintenance".

Edit: I have made an inquiry!

Disco

The weekly rate is $3,200. The owner further explained that this is the total charge. There are no fees for cleaning, parking, taxes, etc.

---

With three couples in the group so far, and not considering the possibility of secret couples (!!!),  the lonesome among us will be spread between two microdormitories of four people each. Two of the "couple" rooms will each contain two twin/single beds. These are not to be considered beds for our purposes, but rather as horizontal coat racks.

This brings our maximum bed-sleeping population to 14 before we open up other possibilities such as couches or the pool table.

---

Any thoughts/concerns/questions/answers?

AGA

Esseb

Snarky

Jay Tholen

I'm probably going to be a very later confirm-er because everything is riding on my game being released by June so I can afford the trip. I'll update you guys as soon as I can. :0)

Grundislav

Disco

Jubilation!!

I can start taking Paypal payments to impressiveowl@gmail.com . As of 29/7/15, there are bed spaces available for $246.

We are allowed up to 18 people in the house, but due to the bedroom configurations and there being two couples (so far!) to accomodate, we will have to get creative for any new guests after 14.

AGA

That is my 30th birthday week.  You must celebrate it.  Diamonds and Bentleys are accepted.

AGA

Paid the full amount for me and mine.  Feel free to use this to pay half the deposit.

noavana

Paid as well for Tzach and I.
We haven't planned anything yet for August so the dates are ok for us as well.
Can't wait :tongue:

Disco

Thanks! I have just sent a message to the owner asking to make the booking :-D

Quote from: noavana on Wed 25/02/2015 19:50:44
Can't wait :tongue:

Same! It will be great seeing you two again. I'm sure we'll have more hot water this time than we did in Ireland :P

Quote from: noavana on Wed 25/02/2015 19:50:44
We haven't planned anything yet for August so the dates are ok for us as well.

This brings up something I have been curious about. Is anyone interested in extending their trip for the weekend after Mittens or going to another nearby city for a few days? We have have done that a few times in the past, so wondering if that is something anyone is interested in. I don't have any specific ideas myself, just putting it out there.

Grundislav

I'll be sending my and Jess's money in the next few days.

As far as an extended stay, we were planning on getting a hotel in the French Quarter and staying the rest of the weekend.

Disco

MillsJROSS

This is the year I can finally make it back to Mittens (I think it's been like 5 years since Miami mittens)!

I've intended to go sooner but something tragically has been preventing me (broken arm, knee surgery, new job with no time off accrued, no money, etc...). And while I'm in the midst of looking for possibly another job opportunity, the current and potential new opportunity both have open time off policies, so I don't see that being an issue, and I've been saving my money from all the previously cancelled times.

So count me 100% in. Assuming there's still room, just tell me how I can get my money into the right hands. I don't mind sharing rooms, in fact I demand it! :kiss:

Mandle

Disco

Quote from: MillsJROSS on Sun 08/03/2015 17:07:45
So count me 100% in. Assuming there's still room, just tell me how I can get my money into the right hands. I don't mind sharing rooms, in fact I demand it! :kiss:

Glad you can make it this year Mills! Payment information is here. There are now two bed spots remaining before we make the couches, etc. available.

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 09/03/2015 13:48:20
Will there be a tour of Gabriel Knight locations?

More than likely. My guess is that Grundislav is cooking up some plans for this :P

Snarky

Bah! Who* cares about "Gabriel Knight" when we have a chance to tour the locations of that timeless classic, Louisiana Adventure!

AGA

I'm reading 12 Years a Slave at the moment.  I reckon we should go explore the history of Louisiana's slave trade.  That'd be... fun?

Grundislav

The Gabriel Knight tour takes literally 5 minutes. All the relevant locations are pretty close to each other.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk