Mittens 2016: Orust, Sweden 30 July - 06 August

Started by AGA, Tue 29/09/2015 16:02:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Esseb

Just got back to my apartment. On my way downtown now to show Berian and Tamara around Oslo.

It was nice seeing everyone, old and new. Small Mittens this year but every bit as fun. Photo gallery will come when I've had time to delete 90% of the images.

When unpacking I realised we still had two unplayed board games. I'll save them for next time.

Chrille

It was wonderful to meet everyone, old and new friends alike. Thanks to Petter for the hospitality and kindly driving us around, and to everyone for bringing board games. Fun times!

I'll certainly try to make a bigger effort to attend future meetings.
Some photos: https://goo.gl/photos/1pUxCqRsfTSjy4dRA
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Andail

Back from Mittens (and the wedding I attended yesterday).

Had a great time this year. The family-sized congregation meant we did most things together; played the same games, went on the same excursions, were involved in the same discussions. This seems to have brought out the best in people.

Monsieur Ouxx apparently spent his previous mittens in voluntary isolation, but this time around he was charmingly social and outgoing, and besides giving me plenty of competition in the Mittolympics, we also had some great political discussions.

It was great seeing 2ma2 again, whom I haven't seen in like a decade, and he did a great job hosting an entire session of actual Call of Cthuhlu roleplaying, which we all merrily participated in, which might be a mittens first.

I always enjoy the company of Esseb and Berian, whom I have spent lots of AGS irl-meetings with, and I felt I learnt to know Tamara properly this time around. Chrille, my fellow Gothenburgian, is being his own laid-back, nice-guy self, and should definitely start frequenting more Mittens.

YammiPanda, whom I've met once before at the Kathy Rain release party, was a nice addition to the Mittens crew.

I thoroughly enjoyed hosting this Mittens, and I hope I can make it next year, wherever that'll be!

Monsieur OUXX

I'm in between trains right now, but here's a quick tribute to Cato! (Kato?)

http://youtu.be/f488uJAQgmw

Snarky

W00t!

Glad you had a good time, gutted I wasn't there. 8-0

So no plans for next year yet? Tahiti? Bahrain? Timbuktu? Rio? Borneo? Hull?

AGA

Monsieur OUXX

Just effin' come to my giant absent parents house in Paris. Like, seriously.

Just to clarify: it's the house that is giant. And the parents are absent.

Snarky

You should not have clarified. Mittens at Grandgousier and Gargamelle's place would be great.

AGA

Mine and Tamara's photos.  I'll upload the Blank White Cards and misc. other papers soon.

Monsieur OUXX

Could someone just-- Could they tell you to-- like, ... NOT touch babies' penises?

Monsieur OUXX

Thanks a lot to you guys for the great moment. I don't think there is one moment that I did not thouroughly enjoy.

Between the games, the laughs, the randomness of the situations... Like some have said before, it was nice this time to get to know one another thanks to the smaller group. All of yous are pretty cool. And very nice. which is important! I liked that we were constantly switching between silliness and interesting conversations. I liked that there was constantly somehting to surprise us and keep us occupied. I also loved the feeling of being a group while still having complete individual freedom.

I cannot put in phrases the nice collection of memories that I'll keep. Simple memories of pleasant feelings, like swimming away around that island, sorting out he confusion and laughter at croquet, making huge sandwiches, falling asleep while playing board games late in the evening, listening to several "exotic" accents, fighting the Master while listening to Linus speaking with a British accents, etc.

All of that mixed together and blended perfectly.

So, one last time: Thanks a lot to you all, for your kindness, your dynamics, your cleverness.

PS: I'll post the pictures asap.
PPS: when typing Grandgousier in google images I get all these images of horrible looking abyssmal fish. Yuck.

yamipanda

Mittens was SO MUCH FUN!!! Lots of <3 <3 <3 to all of you who made the week so awesome, especially our kind host Petter.

Monsieur OUXX

Snarky

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Tue 09/08/2016 18:25:41
PPS: when typing Grandgousier in google images I get all these images of horrible looking abyssmal fish. Yuck.

Do both, and you get these guys:

Mittens 2017

(Oh great. Imgur decided to turn to shit.)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 09/08/2016 19:13:24
Do both, and you get these guys
I know who they are :-) Their names are actually funny because they mean "largethroat throat" (they eat all the time) spelt in a medieval way. Nowadays I bet you 99% of French-speaking people would believe that "Gargamel" is just a made-up name for the Smurfs villain.

So here are my pictures. Let me know if the link is not working (Facebook permission settings are black magic) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1306867615997562.1073741844.100000230070679ype=1&l=08c9798b58

Disco

Looks like a good time was had by all :D Was that mini-golf a Mittens first? I do not recall seeing that in photos from any AGS event. Bummed that I could not make the location this year :sad: Looking forward to 2017!

Monsieur OUXX

Wait. Wait.

I'm just receiving a message from the other world.

Andail

I don't want to go wherever Chtulhu himself wants us to go.

Also, France has been done pretty recently...

AGA

Not that we should necessarily go to France, but that was actually eight years ago...

AGA

1000 Blank White Cards.  Thanks to Esseb for the use of his image gallery script.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk