Offer Your Services - 2004 to 2011

Started by , Wed 21/04/2004 00:05:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

Offering my services as a writer and proofreader.

You must have a basic outline of a story. If I wanted to write something from scratch, I have plenty of my own projects to work on. I'd much rather spend my time working within an already existing framework.

I can turn my hand to writing the story, writing dialogue, or even just object descriptions. Again, you must have at least the bare bones outline of what you need. I am offering assistance in filling in the blanks, putting detail into your project. I simply want to exercise my skills as a writer without getting bogged down at the planning stage.

English is my first language, and I'm happy to help proofread your project.

Please bear in mind this is a hobby for me. If the idea doesn't interest me, I would not give it the effort it deserves. However, do feel free to contact me if you have a project requiring a writer, and we'll see what happens. ;)

Edit: Please only contact me if you have a project in progress. I just want to brainstorm ideas and write. I do not have the time nor patience to wait while you sort out team structure and organisation. Have a clear direction in mind for your project!

Scorpiorus

Programming / Scripting / Coding

At present, I got some free time and am happy to help with programming, scripting or coding an AGS game depending on the state of the project. I would prefer doing a framework programming myself from scratch, but could also help adapting/refactoring the current code as well as writing some specific routines if necessary; general scripting is also fine.

Provided there is not too much work to be done, I'm able to support (work on) several projects simultaneously.

Contacts:
Private message (preferable)
e-mail: scorpiorus@yandex.ru

Cheers,
Alex

:)

neogokufire

Tutoring
If you are happy to help other people with learning AGS, scripting or even perhaps just game design related issues.

Playtesting
If you are happy to help beta-test or do any other form of testing for someone's project.

Speech/Talkie Recording
If you are willing to create speech files or do voice acting for a talkie game.

Proof Reading
If you are happy to proof read someone's script, dialogues etc.

Coding / Scripting
If you are happy to help with scripting/coding.

Story Design
If you are happy to help with story and/or general design of the game.

Web Design
If you are happy to help design or create web-sites.

Hey there, I just found this website, so I realize I am new to this scene, but I have been thinking about working on game design for a long time now, and this seems like the perfect fit for my current abilities / free time.

So without further ado, heres my situation.

1.  I am a long-time fan of adventure games, my favorite is the Quest for Glory series.
2.  I am mostly self-taught in programming & web desiging.  I have a passion for computers and technology and a love of learning.
3.  I currently have a lot of free time both at work (shame on me) and at home.
4.  I cannot draw, color, or animate, etc. to save my life. 
5.  I can program fairly well, and can learn new things quickly (usually by reading a book or two and doing some hands-on.)
6.  I've created several games for myself and friends, including a BASIC text-adventure for TI-83 calculators (take that - algebra class!), C++ console text-only games, and badly drawn flash games that were nonetheless fun to play titled Lemonade Stand (pretty easy to figure out) and Space Trader (fly a ship and trade goods or fight space pirates).  I can provide samples of most of these via email or uploaded to a web-page to anyone who is interested.
7.  I haven't used AGS yet, but i plan to familiarize myself with it ASAP. (starting tonight most likely)

Preferences/Misc.:

I would prefer to work with someone via a collaborative online program, as opposed to just emails or text messages, but I'm flexible.  If anyone happens to live near me Im not against driving an hour or two once a month or so to work on some things.

I am willing to obtain whatever software, knowledge, experience, etc. neccessary for any project i decide to take up.  If I commit, I will carry it through. 

I would prefer to get in on the ground floor, but I'm not opposed to joining a project in the middle if its something i am interested in.

I am not looking for any kind of monetary compensation.  If it happens, great, but I'm willing to work for the sake of learning something new, completing a worthwhile goal, and using it to improve my knowledge/ability for the future.

I only speak english fluently, but I do know some spanish as well.

Contacting Me:

Email is the best way, its checked daily, and if its not spam, I read it.
Note: You'll have to prove your human before you can see it, i hate robot spam.

jlk...@gmail.com

OR

neo...@gmail.com

Thank you!

Sheepisher

Hello all,

I've been a long-time watcher from the sidelines and occasional participant in the forums, and have enjoyed several incredibly-well-made adventure games.  This is part of my effort to get more involved in the community and give something back.

The skills I can offer include:

MUSIC.

This is my main skill.  Composing is (sort of) what I do for a living and I have several years' experience at it.  I'm willing and able to compose in MIDI, mp3 or ogg format.  I can do title themes, general background music and action-specific underscoring.  A whole range of styles from gothic horror to cartoony, melancholic to action-paced.

Check out some of my work:

A Japanese garden.

A comic mafia theme.

(The adventurous and bored can also browse my website for more music clips.)

Aside from composing music, I'm also up for:

Playtesting.

I love playing games.  I'd love to play YOUR games.  I'm inquisitive and thorough, and will offer detailed and helpful feedback.

Speech / Talkie Recording.

I work in theatre and I'm an amateur ham.  I'm particularly good at disguising / colouring my voice in the time-honoured vein of Futurama or Simpsons - "cartoony" a speciality, but I can do serious as well.

I'm also happy to offer advice and a helping hand with Story Design and with occasional Proof Reading as well.  Although I haven't completed any games myself, I've played dozens and have given extensive thought and analysis to puzzle design, dialogue clues, etc.  I have written and staged plays and musicals, so I have an instinct for story structure and an ear for dialogue.  I also have a BA in English Literature and can be pedantic about grammar and punctuation (er, which is a good thing).

I'm a busy person but will always find time for the right project.  If you're interested, give me a PM and let's chat!

Thanks for reading my post!

Matt
"Like a balloon and ... something bad happens!"

ambientcoffeecup

I keep putting off posting here but I guess I should finally just go ahead and do it.

Music/Soundtrack/Score
Offering my services as a composer. I would say that music is WHAT I DO and I'd like to think I have a pretty broad range of musical skills to offer your game. My preference is MP3 and I would say my musical strong point is ambient locational music and mood/atmosphere music.

I'm not desperate to be part of a project right now so if I'm not interested in anything you put forward to me then I will turn it down. That's nothing against you or your game but more that I am giving myself the luxury of choosing the perfect projects to make my life easier. After all if I am working for free I have to make sure that I am seriously interested in the project I am working on to stop me just giving up and not providing.

Here are some samples of locational music I have produced for a current project I'm working on:

Desert Sands

Cold Stone

Shrine

Labyrinth of Regret

So yeah, if this kind of music is the kind of thing you need for your game, feel free to contact me via forum pm or preferably by sending an email to [am bient coffee cup@gm ail.com]  minus the spaces and brackets.

Primarily looking for a relatively small project to work on but if my music is the kind of thing you need for your game feel free to send me a message and we can work something out. Thanks.

If you do choose to get in touch, I ask a few things of you as well. Please provide me with information about the project you would like me to compose for so I can get a good feel of the game and whether I would be the best person suited to make your game reach its full potential. Sending me a development document detailing the exact amount of work you would expect of me would be pretty fantastic of you. I don't want to get involved in any project where you want me to make eight songs and after the deadline come back to me and say OH HEY I FORGOT TO MENTION WE NEED ANOTHER TWELVE SONGS SORRY MY BAD because I wont do it.

I would also like you to tell me how you plan to distribute your game. If you plan on marketing it commercially or as some kind of shareware then legal contracts and royalties start coming into the process. If your game is freeware however then we don't need to worry about that.
There's this thing... Jazz.

Terrorcell

Hi, I've been around Adventure Games for a long time and would like to offer my services in the fields of:

Play Testing
---------------
I have played many Adventure games and would like to help you in testing your game.

Story Design
----------------
I am a pretty good story designer if I may say so myself and specialize in futuristic setting but I can do other areas aswell.

If you would like my help then either PM me or just mail me at finalalert@hotmail.com.

See Ya, Terrorcell.

JimmyShelter

I'm currently mostly practicing my character art, and it makes sense to lend people a hand with their games, while doing that.

I'm interested in helping fellow game makers with the following:

Playtesting

Background Art
Character Art
Animation / Character Animation

An example of my latest art:

I'd rather help on a project that allready has an artist than be the only one though. Depends on the size of the project ofcourse.

Coding / Scripting

I don't have much experience with AGS scripting, but I earn my living coding for the last few years, so I guess I can pick it up pretty quick. I'm also game for coding help in other engines/languages. I've been interested in API's like PyGame for a while now.

If you think you can use my help, just send me a PM

MoodyBlues

If I can be of any help in any of these areas, please send me a private message.  Thanks!

Voice Acting

I'm a young adult female who can voice a wide variety of characters.  Currently, I'm doing the voice of Young Valanice in The Silver Lining (http://www.tsl-game.com/join/onlineauditions/).

Proof Reading

If your dialogue needs spelling and grammar checks, I can help!  I'm an English major with a little experience with French.

Playtesting

I'd love to help polish your game before release!
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

bosa

Music - I've worked and composed music with a few symphonies in my time. One in particular, the Johnson City Orchestra, is the one I favor the most. I can add plenty of mood within your game and I do this in respect to the deadline of your game. I work quickly, so expect to get the music right after it is distributed from the symphony.

Here are some examples:

Highland Dream

Field of Perils

Remembrance

The Babb Boys

Redguard Rebellion (Adventure)

Emerald

I would kill to be a writer/story designer, collaborating with some other game developers.

My problem with AGS has always been the mere fact that I'm good at the story part, but I suck at virtually everything else. I'll get way ahead of myself, coming up with heaps of concepts and characters and plot twists and all that stuff, without barely starting the animating and scripting and drawing.

However, being able to write for games, without having to worry about that other stuff would be brilliant! I could handle all the dialogue, descriptions, and plot - all that wordy stuff with ease. I'm flexible, and I'm not one of those literary snobs who will quit over 'artistic differences' - I can write for people, spinning even the most flimsy of ideas into a good story (y'know, when I try hard enough :P)

Jack Sheehan

If anyone is using a Irish Character and doesn't want them to sound like Tom Cruise in Fara and Away I can do some voice acting.

Emerald

Quote from: Jack Sheehan on Wed 06/02/2008 19:48:22
If anyone is using a Irish Character and doesn't want them to sound like Tom Cruise in Fara and Away I can do some voice acting.

That said, you'd want the Americans and other foreigners to be able to understand the character, meaning a full-on Kerry/Cork/Dub accent might be a bad idea...

(Heh, what're the chances two Irishmen would join at the same time? We own the internet...)

Cinfa

Quote from: Emerald on Wed 06/02/2008 20:50:35

That said, you'd want the Americans and other foreigners to be able to understand the character, meaning a full-on Kerry/Cork/Dub accent might be a bad idea...

(Heh, what're the chances two Irishmen would join at the same time? We own the Internet...)
I think accent can add some depth to characters, and there's still the written text on the screen to read.

Emerald

I got a C in Geography entirely because my teacher was from Kerry (at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...)

AlbinoPanther

I would be happy to join your team as a web designer.
I can also provide sub domen on my web site.

I am good in HTML, JS, CSS and I learn flash!

this is my latest project:
I made this web site for one travel agency

ps. I have some issues with index page in firefox but IE and Opera view it nice. I hope that I'll fix this soon!

So if you are interested feel free to contact me!

Jack Sheehan

Quote from: Emerald on Wed 06/02/2008 20:50:35

(Heh, what're the chances two Irishmen would join at the same time? We own the internet...)

Agreed, lets pawn it to buy cocaine.

Snoogins47

Hi there, I'm a budding musician and lifelong videogame dork.  I've been considering trying to do music for games/movies/etc. for a while now, and given that I managed to shatter my 5th Metacarpal bone, I'm laid up for probably two months without being able to do many of the things I normally do, including playing with my two bands.  So, I figured I'd see if any smaller projects were interested in my services as a composer.  I'm familiar with a very wide range of styles, and I'm more than happy to work for free if

a) I like the project and
b) it's not going to take me twelve years to complete  and
c) The developer(s) are serious about finishing the project, no matter how small or grandiose the intent

As this would be a first foray into VG Composition I lack a true demo reel, but

http://www.myspace.com/snoogins47  is a personal myspace with a number of songs I've written/played on, to give you some idea of my abilities and prove that I have some musical versatility.  However, the production on these is generally poor...

http://www.myspace.com/temporarilystairsmusic  is the myspace of a project that I did last year on my own, which is much closer to demonstrative of the sound/recording quality that my gear and experience are capable of putting out.

Feel free to hit me up at TemporarilyStairs (at) gmaill (dot) com   if you may be interested in my services and I look forward to hearing from you!

Emerald

Wow, Snoogins, that music is awesome. When I listen to it, I can just see these scenes developing in my mind's eye...

Fee

Need some hosting for you AGS game site? PM me and ill set somthing up.

Usually i only give away small webspace (50meg) but if you want more, ill hook you up, just aslong as the request isnt ridiculous.

For 50meg, sign up HERE and PM/Email me for more space.

AGS members can get a 50% discount on reliable paid hosting using the coupon code AGSMEMBER HERE or less reliable (high bandwidth) HERE

Zufub

GRAPHIC

I'm not very good in it. Only PixArt!

WRITING

I'm good in writing storys, dialogues, etc. But sometimes I may write some "bad" words (in English I'm not pro).

TRANSLATION (ENG->PL, PL->ENG)

I may HELP (help, not make) in translating your game.

TESTING

If you want, I may test your game and report you about found bugs or tell you what I'm feeling when I had played that.

INFORMATIONS

If you want my help in some wrote ways PM me. I should answer you.

When I will tell you negative answer?
When I'm currently got something to do... or other thins.

If you need more informations just PM me (send me a private message).

I'm also good in making names for your characters, chapters, items, etc.

Oh, and the last and the most important thing:
I'm bit (bit!?) lazy :P
If you like any game makers, writ in your browser those tags:
RPG maker
Game Maker
Adventure Maker
Of course there are many more programmes to making games, but i prefer them + AGS ;) First is to making RPG games, next to ANY games and last is able to make Adventure Games (many is type: Escape the Room).

ZuFub ;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk