The greatest Adventure Game of all time...

Started by The Subliminal Messenger, Sun 04/01/2004 14:28:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

The Space Quest games are something I've never played and they have appeared several times on this thread, so I've just bought the complete series on eBay.  If I like them then I might do the same with Kings Quest (yeh I've never played those either, so sue me).

Sylvr

Quote from: JuuJuu on Sun 13/04/2008 07:42:14
For me, the best games are :
Kings Quest 6 - Everything about it I love. EVERYTHING. Zounds!!!
Laura Bow 2 Dagger of Armon Ra - I dont want to talk too much about it. Dont want to give anything away for those who might plan to play it.
(by the way, anyone who HAS played it..feel free to i.m. me. I haven't been able to discuss the game with anyone! No one I know has played it before. =(

KQVI = Best Game Ever... in my opinion, anyway. I love it. And... LB2 !!!  :o Same with me, never heard of anyone but my family playing it. (Also, I fixed the title so that anyone wanting to play it can now find it. Yaaaay someone else knows about it!
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

rharpe

The first love of my digital life was... "Quest for Glory: So You Want to be a Hero?" (In all its EGA goodness!)
"Hail to the king, baby!"

Thaatiba

<removed>

Oliwerko

1. BASS
2. 5DAS
3. Teenagent

Pieces of art in every aspect.

PokeyFlame

Has anyone mentioned Broken Sword 1?
Broken Sword is just a great game isn't it? (If you played it (If you havent then you MUST))
If anyone can do character art and animations and is looking to get their name in a medium sized game then just ask me. Please contact by email address as I rarely check this account.

Iliya

The greatest adventure games - Space Quest I and Larry I.

Wonkyth

I've only played a few but I liked "a Tale of Two Kingdoms" & "5 Days A Stranger".
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Jeopardy

It used to be Space Quest 3, which is still up there, but recently my favorite adventure game is actually 5 Days a Stranger, They're like kneck and kneck now.
Jeopardy Games "The Totem of Souls" Currently in production
The Other Side of the WORLD my webcomic

Hud

PQ1 for me. Probably because it was my first, but I loved the freedom of driving. Didn't like the remake though.

------

--------------

Makeout Patrol

Quest for Glory: So You Want to Be a Hero? (or, as the copy I had was still called, "Hero's Quest.") This is probably largely due to nostalgic reasons - it and Space Quest III were probably the first colour games I ever played (although MechWarrior 2 was strangely also in there somewhere). I have nothing but love for the original QfG. Rounding out the top 3 are Space Quest III and Beneath a Steel Sky.

Simon

5 days A stranger, it was just simply awesome, it was scary, sort of funny, and it was just overall great!

Bai Karl

"5 days A stranger" - The greatest Adventure Game of all time ?!?  ??? I don't think so.

The Greatest Adventure Game of all time should be a good adventure game that bring something new to the genre.

Larry I
Space Quest I, II, III
Syberia I
Larry 7
Gold Rush
Grim Fandango

Quote from: Simon on Fri 25/07/2008 02:03:23
5 days A stranger, it was just simply awesome, it was scary, sort of funny, and it was just overall great!

Jared

Yeah, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I really do have to wonder about the gaming history of somebody who says 5DAS is the greatest of all time. As much as I love the AGS community I'm yet to play any games coming near the classic LucasArts/Revolution/Sierra heights of quality.

Vulcan Master

I think the greatest adventure games would have to be the Space Quest Series especially 1, 2, and 5. I also love Star Trek: The 25th Anniversary and Star Trek Judgment Rights (Mostly because they are Star Trek: The Original Series though).  5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic are awesome as well, my favourite AGS games, but you are right they don’t compare to original Sierra.

mrsix

I'm thinking maybe The Pandora Directive, amazing, brilliant story.
And also Phantasmagoria 2, brilliant story.

However, cant beat Space Quest 3!!!

Khris

I'm amazed time and again how games are mentioned here that are basically fests of the gravest game design mistakes in the history of computer games. But that's just me I guess.

Especially the early Sierra Games are IMO the most unforgiving, unfair and frustrating games ever conceived, ever.
To me it's like loving a movie that's boring and cheap with bad acting and shitty dialogs (and I don't mean the hilariously bad ones being so trashy they're fun to watch).

I don't wanna start a discussion here, just had to get it out of my system after browsing through the first few pages of this thread.

And yeah, the greatest adventure game is MI2. IMO.

arj0n

DOTT, MI1, Indy3, Indy4, KQ3, KQ4, MI2, LSL2, LSL3.

Andromeda

Personally, my favorite game of all time would have to be Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers. This is nothing I don't like about this game, which isn't something I can say for any other game. There are some that come very close, like MI1 and FOA, but growing up with Sierra may have biased me a tad. I think Gabriel Knight is, at the very least, the great Sierra game of all time. I do love SQ4 and QFG4, so it's a really hard choice. Damn, it is so hard to pick a favorite, already about ten more games are popping into my head, so I guess I'll just quit now before I go on an intense rant leading to a top twenty list.  ::)
"What do you think of this worm?" "It's dead." "Of course it's dead! Why else would it be in my pocket?"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk