The Oceanspirit Omnibus

Started by Ponch, Tue 12/07/2011 03:55:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: Radiant on Sun 04/12/2011 22:58:47
You know, it would help the first post if you listed a genre for each game? Or perhaps add a thumbnail screenshot. I also thought about suggesting a table for all entries, but the game names tend to be rather long to tabulate :)

All good suggestions, although I'm not sure how to classify OSD as a genre, much less sub-genres for individual games.

Perhaps after the new year, I'll create a proper OSD web page and a little entry for each game. But at the moment, I working on a MAGS game, a bake sale game, an Xmas game, and the next Barn Runner game. You'll have to wait until I have some free time again.  ;)

Icey

Ponch if you like I could make the OSD site for yeah. I mean all you would have to do is keep updating this topic and I will do the same for the main site. ;)

Deal?

Ponch

Thanks for the offer, Icey. But since the site is being hosted on my server, I'll do the work for the page. The OSD community will just have to wait a few weeks for the holidays and the bake sale to be over so I can find a little free time to do it. :)

Ghost

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 04/12/2011 18:52:15
I should note that most of this last batch are MAGS games, and I hope once the voting is closed, you guys make the source code to your respective games available -- it's what Dennis would want.  ;)

Why wait? I've uploaded the source for anyone who's interested- find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?w267h278qb1h4iy

Ponch

Thanks, Ghost. I've updated your entry with the source, and mine as well. How about the rest of you guys? Got any source code for me?  :)

Radiant

Sure, give me a week or so and I'll have access to my trusty website again to put it up.

Ponch

All righty. MAGS is over. I expect source code from the rest of you. This series isn't going to stay open source by itself, you know.  8)

Radiant

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 06/12/2011 17:34:29
Sure, give me a week or so and I'll have access to my trusty website again to put it up.

As promised, source for DDR.

Also, please change the website link for Dennis Dennis Revolution to this link here.

Ponch

It's a new year, and OSD's future remains as bright as ever. However, November's MAGs was over more than a month ago, and I still need source files for the following games:

* Sorta 99% Famous (by Icey)
* OSD Losers His Vaginity (by 304)
* Last Boss (by Mr. Mog)

Come on, gentleman. This series isn't going to open source itself, you know.  ::)

Icey

I will get both sources(my game and mog's) to you at the end of deadline.

Moogle

Hey everyone, Just wondering if anyone's got any plans for a new OSD game? Maybe one that's online would be nice and you can use Ponchs games as a template cause it has a simple art style (no offense there just saying it's good but it will be easy to work with).b
Maybe we can all contribute to it like the Swarm. But that's me just thinking :)
OSD online

Big GC

I have just completed my first game in AGS.
It happens to be in the OSD universe (but nothing as ambitious as Online  ;) )

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=45364.0

Just a simple 1 room affair, trying to use lots of elements from the manual.

Any feedback from all you OSD (AGS) ledgends would be grately appreciated.
Making a game - this should be easy......?

Icey

The game forced closed on me with 0 warning. I think I pushed the crow to much. I touch it 4 times then exit.

Ponch

Quote from: Moogle on Mon 13/02/2012 21:03:23
Hey everyone, Just wondering if anyone's got any plans for a new OSD game?

I've got a new one coming out this summer. Look for an official announcement in a couple of months.

Icey

Is is part 2 of your last OSD?  :)

Ponch

Quote from: Icey games on Tue 14/02/2012 04:17:47
Is is part 2 of your last OSD?  :)

Yep. And part three will follow summer 2013. It's the epic-est epic ever.  8)

Icey

Sound like a good idea to me cause I was hoping you was gonna do that :)

Also a gift from the Famous gods: http://www.mediafire.com/?hk8rkonf2wa4lrc

PS I'm sorta 99% sure that their gods.

Big GC

Quote from: Icey games on Tue 14/02/2012 02:59:54
The game forced closed on me with 0 warning. I think I pushed the crow to much. I touch it 4 times then exit.

Turns out the bug was from a compressed .wav file. Tabata tested a version without it and it was more robust then...... a really robust strong thing...

I have updated the original post to the non wav version. If i get no more crash feed back I will have the sorce up in the next 5 days or so.

Big GC

Ponch

Updated the first post with Mighty Viking.  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk