AGS 3.6.0 - Beta 15

Started by Crimson Wizard, Sun 20/03/2022 20:23:39

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

a small typo in the warning message when a character LoseInventory (item) while this item is not in character's inventory:

AGS Editor versions checked, typo is present:
  • 3.6.0.35 beta

greg

Hi, I noticed a regression in AudioChannel.PositionMs after the recent updates to AudioChannel.Seek() and AudioChannel.SeekMs().

Specifically, right after calling ch.Seek(pos) or ch.SeekMs(pos) and in the game cycle after the call, ch.PositionMs equals 0 rather than pos.

Here's my test:

// Context:
// aAudioClip is an ogg file.
// My game speed is 80, so Wait(40) is roughly 500 ms.
// MsgLog() is a custom function that writes the output to the console and a log file.

AudioChannel* ch = aAudioClip.Play();
Wait(40);
MsgLog(String.Format("PositionMs: %d", ch.PositionMs));  // ch.PositionMs is ~500 (487), as expected
Wait(80);
MsgLog(String.Format("PositionMs: %d", ch.PositionMs));  // ch.PositionMs is ~1500 (1486), as expected
Wait(40);
ch.SeekMs(8000);
MsgLog(String.Format("PositionMs: %d", ch.PositionMs));  // ch.PositionMs is 0, should be 8000
Wait(1);
MsgLog(String.Format("PositionMs: %d", ch.PositionMs));  // ch.PositionMs is 0, should be ~8000
Wait(1);
MsgLog(String.Format("PositionMs: %d", ch.PositionMs));  // ch.PositionMs is 8000, as expected

Wait(40);
MsgLog(String.Format("PositionMs: %d", ch.PositionMs));  // ch.PositionMs is ~8500 (8533), as expected

Thanks,
Greg

Crimson Wizard

@greg, there's a temp build with this fixed (hopefully):
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5434752730660864

also fixed several other minor problems. I think we'll have a proper new update soon.

greg

Thanks, CW!  That fixed it.

selmiak

what do I do with the files in the web folder when I want to have the game be playing in browser on itch? Zip it up and upload it? upload the files individually? any more settings to set? is there a manual for that somewhere?

eri0o

@selmiak I wrote a little about it on the topic for the web port here in the forums.

I haven't added anything specific in the manual are there may be differences in the manual. If you ask for clarifications in the topic I can try to improve it there in the web port topic. Theoretically, zipping and uploading to itch.io should suffice.

selmiak

well, if that is enough I need no more manual  :-D
but I'll read up some more in the topic as well :)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: rongel on Sun 18/09/2022 09:48:36AGS 3.6.0.35

Script editor:
- Round braces NOT working
- Curvy braces NOT working

It's interesting, that I found that braces highlighting does work in 3.6.0.35, but it depends on some circumstances.
For instance, if you have curved braces after round ones, the round ones are not highlighted (if you retype them).

I don't remember what happened when I tried this last time (where round braces did not work at all, or so it seemed), but this is all quite confusing.

Crimson Wizard

Updated to RC 1
The update is posted in a new forum thread here:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/ags-engine-editor-releases/ags-3-6-0-release-candidate-rc1

Changes since the last beta:

Editor:
- Expanded UI color theme format, support global color options and allow missing entries.
- In Preferences replaced "Import Color Theme" with a "Open Theme Folder", as a temporary solution for managing theme files.
- Fixed autocomplete crashing the editor if there was an import declared with type and variable having identical names, and user tries to type that variable's name and a dot to access its members.
- Fixed matching or mismatching braces were not highlighted consistently at all times in regular and dialog scripts.
- Fixed object selection combobox on a property grid was not working correctly if any color theme is applied.
- Fixed blurry sprites in the sprite list (usually happened with high-res sprites).
- Fixed editor plugins might cause errors if calling Script.SaveToDisk() (e.g. SpeechCenter plugin).

Engine:
- Added missing "DrawSprite" function for "agsblend" plugin stubs.
- Fixed loading pre-3.5.0 games on big endian systems.
- Fixed parser's textbox not drawn on the correct position in dialog options.
- Fixed AudioChannel.PositionMs incorrectly returning 0 right after Seek.
- Fixed voice-over becoming disabled if Game.ChangeSpeechVox() was called again with the active vox's name.
- Fixed ListBox.FillSaveGameList() for games with custom save extension.
- Fixed Overlay.SetText() could lead to errors and unexpected behavior.
- Fixed overlays drawn as textwindows could be displayed with offset after restoring a save (again).
- Fixed Software renderer displaying a game frame misaligned in fullscreen, if there are black side borders.
- Fixed mouse cursor could leave the game screen on some systems, and mouse.x, y values reporting offscreen coordinates.

Android:
- Implemented two touch-to-mouse control scheme (selectable in config), for one finger emulating LMB only, and for two fingers emulating LMB and RMB.
- Support relative motion speed setting for touch-to-mouse emulation.
- Fixed on-screen keyboard wasn't printing characters.

OSX:
- Restored Ctrl+LMB working as a RMB on Mac.

Baguettator

Hi and congrats for the new release ! I tested a few times and the new visuals things are very appreciated ! As for the other features :)

I probably already ask the question, but I want to (re)ask it in case of some plans could have changed, because AGS development seems to be in a good mood : is AGS editor going to work with PNG files for functions like DrawImage or DynamicSprites.CreateFromFile ? As far as I know, CreateFromFile can't use alphachannels, and sometimes it is a problem.

Another question was in my mind : is it convenient if we get the possibility to have items in listboxes that are cut if the items' text is too long, ending with a "..." ? It could be very nice to have this feature independantly of the "Guicontrol cut their content" option, because for listboxes it's a special case.

Again for listboxes : could we have directly in the editor a way to "change" the visuals for their arrows ? And eventually for a slider to scroll them ? It could minimize the scripting, because for now we have to script and create tons of buttons for that.

Again and again : thanks for all your work on AGS, it's really a very nice thing :)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Baguettator on Sun 09/10/2022 12:13:57is AGS editor going to work with PNG files for functions like DrawImage or DynamicSprites.CreateFromFile ? As far as I know, CreateFromFile can't use alphachannels, and sometimes it is a problem.

This is of course a good idea to switch to/support using PNGs everywhere, so likely in the future.

Quote from: Baguettator on Sun 09/10/2022 12:13:57Another question was in my mind : is it convenient if we get the possibility to have items in listboxes that are cut if the items' text is too long, ending with a "..." ? It could be very nice to have this feature independantly of the "Guicontrol cut their content" option, because for listboxes it's a special case.

Again for listboxes : could we have directly in the editor a way to "change" the visuals for their arrows ? And eventually for a slider to scroll them ? It could minimize the scripting, because for now we have to script and create tons of buttons for that.

I don't know, but all of the above is possible to implement by scripting custom list box controls, using DrawingSurface (without any extra buttons too).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk