AGS 3.6.1 - Release Candidate (RC 6)

Started by Crimson Wizard, Sat 06/01/2024 16:56:21

Previous topic - Next topic

imagazzell

Thank you! All appears to be working right on my end now.
Music Composing Services: https://youtu.be/BbT3kfhgA4E

Crimson Wizard

Updated to RC6
(Please use download links in the first post)

This update fixes a number of regressions found in 3.6.1, and few more minor things.

Editor:
- Fixed Log Panel could not be shown again using menu command if it was closed by pressing "x" button.

Engine:
- Removed "supersampling" option from OpenGL renderer for now, as it's not consistent with the other renderers and not maintained properly.
- Allow game to call DynamicSprite.CreateFromDrawingSurface() and CreateFromBackground() with zero or negative size, clamping it to 1x1, in consistency with Create().
- Fixed Software render crashes if rendering in "game_start" script (for instance, if there's a call to Display).
- Fixed some TextBox keys were still tested while interface is disabled.
- Fixed old-style InventoryScreen dialog not letting to select an item.
- Fixed mouse cursor being visible during fade-out and fade-in transitions (this applies to texture-based renderers, Software renderer historically displays a cursor during fade-out, and that cannot be fixed easily at the moment).
- Fixed room objects and characters not drawn in correct positions if FadeIn() command was called in "room load" event.
- Fixed Crossfade and Dissolve transitions not rendering correctly in old-style letterboxed games.
- Fixed one extra frame drawn before Crossfade or Dissolve fade-in starts, causing a room to "blink".
- Fixed couple of potential crashes occuring during render after RunAGSGame() command.
- Fixed unnecessary warning about "dynamic sprite not deleted" displayed on exit for sprites generated by textual overlays.
- Fixed IAGSEngine.SimulateMouseClick() in plugin api causing stack overflow due to infinite recursion.
- Fixed old-style letterbox viewport getting broken after loading an old pre-3.5.0 save.

Android:
- In AGS Player removed currently unused "Super sampling" and "Drop video frames" preference settings.

Winsetup:
- Added config option to disable fullscreen mode selection.
- Fixed "graphics filter" option not displaying a correct initial selection.

Baguettator

I tried to build my game, using the AGS 3.6.1.21 version, and for the first time, I got a message :
"Unable to set EXE name/description: LoadLibrary failed"

Also Windows Defender detected a Trojan just at this moment.

but the game seems to have been built successfully...

Any idea ?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Baguettator on Thu 28/03/2024 12:14:41Also Windows Defender detected a Trojan just at this moment.

Yes, Windows Defender wrongly detects built AGS games as a Trojan:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/beginners-technical-questions/compiling-errors-due-to-virus-scanner/

For this reason it may block certain actions during game compilation, like changing icon to game exe.

In the short term this is solved by adding AGS program folder and your game's folder to Windows Defender exceptions.
In the long term, it's better to send a false positive report, as mentioned here, and hope that they will fix this in some of the future updates:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/beginners-technical-questions/compiling-errors-due-to-virus-scanner/msg636660137/#msg636660137

Crimson Wizard

Ah, I've been waiting more than planned... I suppose that we may have a "stable" 3.6.1 declared around 1st April, just for the sake of having a "round date".

EDIT: also 3.6.0 was released 1st April 2023, so it's a sort of anniversary too:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/ags-engine-editor-releases/ags-3-6-0/

RootBound

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 29/03/2024 12:16:04Ah, I've been waiting more than planned... I suppose that we may have a "stable" 3.6.1 declared around 1st April

Does this include the bug fix we discussed on discord, where restoring a save game didn't retain camera coordinates? Or was that only a problem in 3.6.0 builds?
They/them. Here are some of my games:

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: RootBound on Fri 29/03/2024 12:27:20Does this include the bug fix we discussed on discord, where restoring a save game didn't retain camera coordinates? Or was that only a problem in 3.6.0 builds?

This fix was included in both 3.6.0 and 3.6.1.
I will likely release another 3.6.0 patch first, because there was a number of more minor mistakes found there, and then 3.6.1.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk