Asterix & The roman underworld (demo available)

Started by Da_Elf, Fri 12/05/2006 04:12:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Scheherez

Whoa.....

Downloaded the demo, very cool!Ã,  Vereee, verreeeeee cool!Ã,  I was stuck for a bit after finding Obelix, but i worked it out...not bad at all!Ã,  I Like.....Ã, 

I WANNA GET IT WHEN IT"S DONE!!!!!! (begs with puppy dog eyes)Ã,  ;D

Da_Elf

((Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic)) YUP I AGREE!!!

its been a veeeery long time but ive actualy found some spare hours to do some more coding. The game has finally left stage3 and im now starting stage 4 (all thats left is stage 4 and 5)
i uploaded a new demo as well. i would still love to find a character animator as you can see by the demo.
still havent run through an indepth bug check but i know that as long as its daytime everything should be working.
need to scour the forum and figure out how to hide my icon bar in the title and restrict it to only the hand icon.

m0ds

You have no excuse but to finish this Mr Elf!!! With so much great art already that really compliments the originals then it'd be a shame not to see it finished. And with 3 out of 5 stages complete, there's no turning back now :p

I hope you find an animator. I'd have thought they'd be jumping all over a game like this.

Best of luck to you though man, I will certainly play once it's ready. And there's a demo?! Guess I better check that!! :D

splat44

Hi,

I understand this isn't critique area, start from smithy area, I go at the right and when I go back at left, it seems we go at a different area. This a bad design as far I'm concern.
I do the following warning:

(in room 1): Dynamic sprite 73 was never deleted

Therefore, make sure you design exitpoints where we are coming from

Good luck with your game.

Da_Elf

going left at the smithy puts you at the bottom of the next screen (chiefs house) going down there goes back to the smithy and going left goes to fishmonger. that area is a circle with all of those buildings facing eachouther. couldnt think of another way to portray that.

as for the dynamic sprite i dont now how to get rid of it. its an error created by the flashlight plugin

Da_Elf

i know ill eventually get back to this but i just dont have spare time these days.

auriond

Great! I've been wondering what happened to this game. :D

Da_Elf

problem is i forgot how to code. hehe. reuploaded the 1st post images since i realised they were no longer on my site and re-uploading the demo

Atelier

The graphics remind me of Tin-tin, for some reason, which is not a bad thing. :) Perhaps when it's finished you should release a version translated into French, because I believe Asterix is big in France.

Da_Elf

i believe the publishers of asterix also did tintin. i used to own every one of both asterix and tintin

Nacho

Same publisher = Same style? I didn' t know that :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

cosmicr

its probably also that the comics are roughly from the same era, and are both french and Belgian respectively, giving them that European flavour, hence why they also are published by the same publisher, which meant you probably saw them both together often, which is why one reminds you of the other.

Da_Elf

i always prefered the humor and the art of asterix though

Nacho

Asterix is french... Non Belgian. Tintin is much older than Asterix...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

miguel

Yup, Hergé created Tintin and did the drawings, while Uderzo did Asterix (Lucy Luke also). They have totally different styles of art, but became legends for BD lovers.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Matti

Quote from: miguel on Sat 11/07/2009 11:23:23
Yup, Hergé created Tintin and did the drawings, while Uderzo did Asterix (Lucy Luke also). They have totally different styles of art, but became legends for BD lovers.

Yeah, but Goscinny was an important part of the Asterix team. Most of the issues published after his death and written by Uderzo sucked!

Oh, and Lucy Liu as a sidekick of Lucky Luke could be interesting  ;)

Sslaxx

Goscinny's family being nasty to Udzero probably didn't help matters much, though...
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Snarky

Would have to echo others in that Asterix and Tintin have pretty different art styles. Tintin is drawn in the classic ligne claire style, while Asterix has a much looser, more energetic and charicatured style, similar to the Marcinelle school (Wikipedia calls it "comic-dynamic").

Quote from: Da_Elf on Fri 10/07/2009 00:57:06
i believe the publishers of asterix also did tintin. i used to own every one of both asterix and tintin

That may be true in some countries, but it's not the case for the original publishers. Asterix ran in the magazine Pilote and is published in album form by Dargaud, while Tintin ran in Le Petite Vingtième and Le Soir before getting his own magazine, and is published in album form by Casterman.

Quote from: miguel on Sat 11/07/2009 11:23:23

Actually, Lucky Luke was created and illustrated by Morris, not Uderzo, although it was written by Goscinny for a long time.

All of these are great series (along with others such as Spirou and Valerian & Laureline), and perfect source material for adventure games.

Da_Elf

oh my.. lucky luke. that takes me back. that would be a cool AGS game

miguel

QuoteActually, Lucky Luke was created and illustrated by Morris, not Uderzo, although it was written by Goscinny for a long time
you're right Snarky, I completely mixed everything.
When one has a IQ as high as mine things like this can happen.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk