DOCTOR WHO - TIME SNARE Big Update, Release Date And New Screens 7th Nov

Started by Duckbutcher, Wed 12/04/2006 13:55:23

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadeJackrabbit

I just finished the demo. Amazing job! As good as the show, except you can play it! Can't wait until the next part is out.

davidnagel

Banished to page 3! No! Oh wait, back to page 1 again - yay!

Duckbutcher, how are you coming along with this?

Duckbutcher

Quote from: davidnagel on Fri 02/03/2007 10:56:50

Everything's OK here, thanks! Progressing nicely.

Still on target for a new demo to be released at the end of March.

I've just finished writing a bit of exposition - to misquote a great author "The tale is growing in the telling".

I've also put in a dangerous situation that could result in the Doctor's death! I wasn't going to put in any deaths at first, but thought it might be nice to drop one in. Don't worry, it'll only happen as the result of gross stupidity on the part of the player...

I've also laid the groundwork for an Easter Egg which probably won't see light of day until the full game.

In the meantime, here's a screenie - Tom Baker never liked being caught in the pub for fear it would lead his young fans astray....the Doctor isn't quite as concerned!:

delijoe

Cool... maybe a concurrent release with the start of the next series (March 31)...

Is that a model of the enterprise that guy on the floor has?

Also does Sarah Jane take part much at all? I know you said she'd be there, but I'd like to see her have a bigger role.  Maybe switching between the Doctor and SJ at some point if they're not actually in the same scenes together..

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Looking good, Duck.  The backgrounds are improving!

mkennedy

Will the robot dog, K9 be in the game also?

Joseph DiPerla

Hey DB, let me know if you need web hosting for your game. Let me know if you need a website designed as well. Cant guarantee anything flashy though. PM me.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Duckbutcher

Quote from: Joseph DiPerla on Fri 09/03/2007 16:10:57
Hey DB, let me know if you need web hosting for your game. Let me know if you need a website designed as well. Cant guarantee anything flashy though. PM me.

Cheers for the offer. I should really wait until it's finished before thinking about such things however. I'll let you know. Thanks again!

Duckbutcher

Quote from: mkennedy on Fri 09/03/2007 06:24:52
Will the robot dog, K9 be in the game also?

Nope!

A common misconception brought about by the recent appearance of Sarah with K9 in the series is that they both travelled in the TARDIS at the same time...they didn't!

The Doctor delivered K9 to Sarah AFTER she'd left the TARDIS crew....K9 in fact first travelled with the Doctor and Leela and later the Doctor and Romana.

Extreme geek mode off...

delijoe

Just to clarify the K9 question....

There was actually four different K9s...

K9 mark 1 was the first K9 that the Doctor and companion Leela picked up in the year 5000 during the serial "The Invisible Enemy" in 1977.  This was a year after Sarah Jane left the Doctor...

K9 mark 2 was the second version of K9 that the doctor built after mark 1 stayed with Leela on Gallifrey in "The Invasion of Time" in 1978.  Mark 2 went on to travel with the Doctor and Romana.  This version stays with the Doctor and Romana until 1981.

K9 mark 3 was built by the Doctor specifically for Sarah Jane in the spinoff "K9 and Company" (that lasted only the 1 pilot episode).  This version apparently stays with Sarah and we see it all junked up in the trunk of Sarah Jane's car in the 2006 episode "School Reunion".  Mark 3 was destroyed at the end of the episode.

K9 mark 4 was left for Sarah by the Doctor at the end of "School Reunion".  We saw him briefly in the pilot episode of the spinoff "Sarah Jane Adventures".

Michael_TSM

And then of course there is the K9 from K9 Adventures, not sure if its one of the 4 from Doctor Who, or another model again.

Certainly looks different from the others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-9_Adventures

davidnagel

Aww someone else offering a site hosting... ah well. hopefully your new offer will be better than the crap I put up!

K9 in School Reunion would be the K9 & Company K9 we saw, and the new K9 from end of SR is the one we see in Sarah Jane Adventures (Sarah explains that the events of meeting Doctor happened a few years ago)

splat44

Quote from: Duckbutcher on Fri 02/03/2007 20:07:02
Quote from: davidnagel on Fri 02/03/2007 10:56:50

Everything's OK here, thanks! Progressing nicely.

Still on target for a new demo to be released at the end of March.

I've just finished writing a bit of exposition - to misquote a great author "The tale is growing in the telling".

I've also put in a dangerous situation that could result in the Doctor's death! I wasn't going to put in any deaths at first, but thought it might be nice to drop one in. Don't worry, it'll only happen as the result of gross stupidity on the part of the player...

I've also laid the groundwork for an Easter Egg which probably won't see light of day until the full game.

In the meantime, here's a screenie - Tom Baker never liked being caught in the pub for fear it would lead his young fans astray....the Doctor isn't quite as concerned!:

I just completed the first one and it great.

So, another demo coming?

When the full version will available?
It might be best adding progress report as % on original post.

Duckbutcher

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 12/03/2007 08:36:23
I just completed the first one and it great.

So, another demo coming?

When the full version will available?
It might be best adding progress report as % on original post.

Hi, yes, once the second demo is up and running, I'll completely re-do the opening post with a new blurb, progress report and set of screens. The full game? I honestly wouldn't like to guess. I'm working on it consistently though, so it's something that WILL be finished some day. Just not sure when!

Layabout

Played it. Loved the dialog. Fantastic stuff. I must say, the way it ended, very Doctor Who serial ending. Worked for me. Who needs demo's? Episodic gaming is the way.
I am Jean-Pierre.

timmymack

;D

THIS GAME IS SOOOO GOOD,

HOW DO YOU GET A GUN? I WANT A COMMAND TO SHOOT ANNOYING PEOPLE, IS THERE A CHEAT CODE OUT YET? HOW DO YOU LEVEL UP? CAN I CHANGE THE NAME OF THE MAIN CHARACTER TO TIMMY WHO .

I HEARD THAT THE GUY WHO MAKES THIS SITS IN HIS BASEMENT WITH A LATOP IN ONE HAND DOING TEXTURES AND FINAL FANTASY 12 ON THE CONSOLE. I ALSO HEARD HE HAS A HAT. 

BUT REALLY . I CANT GET FIRST PERSON VIEW AND THE GRAPHICS ARE SET TO VGA.

DO YOU GET A DUNE BUGGY LATER AND DRIVE ROUND QUARRYS.

I COULDNT FIND ANY MED -KITS I PRESUME I DONT NEED THESE YET?>?!!

LOLLLIIZZZORORDSPOPS

Duckbutcher

Quote from: timmymack on Wed 14/03/2007 10:52:51
;D

THIS GAME IS SOOOO GOOD,

HOW DO YOU GET A GUN? I WANT A COMMAND TO SHOOT ANNOYING PEOPLE, IS THERE A CHEAT CODE OUT YET? HOW DO YOU LEVEL UP? CAN I CHANGE THE NAME OF THE MAIN CHARACTER TO TIMMY WHO .

I HEARD THAT THE GUY WHO MAKES THIS SITS IN HIS BASEMENT WITH A LATOP IN ONE HAND DOING TEXTURES AND FINAL FANTASY 12 ON THE CONSOLE. I ALSO HEARD HE HAS A HAT.Ã, 

BUT REALLY . I CANT GET FIRST PERSON VIEW AND THE GRAPHICS ARE SET TO VGA.

DO YOU GET A DUNE BUGGY LATER AND DRIVE ROUND QUARRYS.

I COULDNT FIND ANY MED -KITS I PRESUME I DONT NEED THESE YET?>?!!

LOLLLIIZZZORORDSPOPS

This person is called Tim. I know him in the real world. He probably thinks this was funny or something. Don't be too quick to judge him, they only let him out one day a month.

ShadeJackrabbit

Magic

I've only seen the first and sixth pages of this thread, but I really, really like the concept and the LucasArts-style graphics. Keep it up!  :D
- Magic

Duckbutcher

Hi guys....

The new demo is ALMOST done...my estimate of an end of March release date has been infiltrated by a house move and a couple of birthdays. So it's going to be probably another week before I can deliver the goods.

The demo is technically complete - at the moment I'm playtesting and scoring the game. When this is sorted I'll post the new demo and do a complete re-vamp of the opening thread with a new set of screens, description etc...

Stay tuned!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk