DOCTOR WHO - TIME SNARE Big Update, Release Date And New Screens 7th Nov

Started by Duckbutcher, Wed 12/04/2006 13:55:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_TSM

Quote from: Duckbutcher on Sun 08/04/2007 09:59:57
Quote from: Michael_TSM on Sun 08/04/2007 06:18:24
The Doctor still moves around alot when he speaks...

I'm not sure what you mean by this...

Hahaha, I mean he sticks his hands in his pockets and then pulls them out constantly while he talks, a nervous twitch perhaps...

As for the crash, I can't seem to make it happen again...so, don't worry about it, if it happens again I'll post the error box, (which I failed to do this time)...

Also, I just played through the telephone conversation again, that is one of the best written segments I've played, in any Adventure game, the dialogue in your game may be long, but incredible funny and well worth it and the new scene with the Robot head in the cuboard is very funny! It reminded me of Murray from MI3.

markbilly

Quote from: Duckbutcher on Sun 08/04/2007 10:38:19
I don't think there were enough puzzles in the first demo, so I beefed them up a bit. And you now have to rescue Sarah from the cell yourself. Follow the story, Mark! It's different from the original demo!

Sorry, it just baffled me a bit as I was expecting it to be much the same as the original demo.

Probably just me, I love adventure games, but I was never that good at them... :P

thewalrus

I just started playing  the second demo and I have to say it is quite awesome. Way to go, Duckbutcher! Keep up the great work. I will be getting back to playing the demo in a little while!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Congratulations on finishing part of the game.  I'm not sure this can really be called a demo now if two episodes are playable, you might be selling this a bit short!

yarooze

Since I never saw this film, I like this game. Now I'm thinking about looking for it. May be I'll find some DVDs with it...

The telephone conversation is simple awesome... ;)
My Blog

sthomannch

Love this demo! It is definitely more than just a demo. Nice jokes.

One inconsistent thing that I found accidentally in part 2 (spoiler)
Spoiler

you can get two or more manuals in Dr. Khan's house if you keep on looking at the bookcase. Now, if you give two manuals to Dr. Khan in his workshop, the helicopter is ready even if you do not bring the petrol with you.
[close]

markbilly

Are you supposed to be able to go downstairs when the dalek is about? One minute the Doctor says not to go down there, and now the dalek is gone. :S

Is this a bug?

Duckbutcher

Quote from: markbilly on Sun 08/04/2007 22:00:47
Are you supposed to be able to go downstairs when the dalek is about? One minute the Doctor says not to go down there, and now the dalek is gone. :S

Is this a bug?

Yes! The player shouldn't be able to get back into the hall after a certain point in the game.  I'm in the process of adressing this and other issues brought to my attention through this thread. In a day or two I'll upload another version of the demo, with these issues sorted.

And Michael TSM, much as I appreciate your bringing these things to my attention, could you inform me of anything else via PM please? I know I said "let me know if you find any bugs" but splashing screenshots of my mistakes across the thread wasn't really what I had in mind!

Michael_TSM

Oh Sorry! My mistake, don't get me wrong though, its a very good game!

I'll get rid of the screenshots.

splat44

Quote from: Duckbutcher on Mon 09/04/2007 00:39:23
Quote from: markbilly on Sun 08/04/2007 22:00:47

Is this a bug?

Yes! The player shouldn't be able to get back into the hall after a certain point in the game.  I'm in the process of adressing this and other issues brought to my attention through this thread. In a day or two I'll upload another version of the demo, with these issues sorted.

And Michael TSM, much as I appreciate your bringing these things to my attention, could you inform me of anything else via PM please? I know I said "let me know if you find any bugs" but splashing screenshots of my mistakes across the thread wasn't really what I had in mind!

I've found another bug:

When getting past lazer guns and just before entering next doorway, the following bug happend when using "Talk" icon on Sarah. I get kill those lazers and see below to bug error.

Bug error:
in Global script (line 353)
from Global script (line 789)

Error: RunDialog: Cannot run this commad, since there is a NewRoom command already queued to run

Regards

Jon

Haha, I like the hotspot 'Torch Wood' :P

Duckbutcher

Right, I've just done a quick re-compile. I'll have a thorough look at the demo after the bank Holiday, but in the meantime I've fixed:

The player now shouldn't be able to get into the main hall after a certain point, The hotspot spelling mistake has been  corrected, the Technical manual glitch should now be sorted, the flag issue on the outside of the chateau is done too...

I've also put in a couple of "excuses" why the Doctor won't use the Sonic on one or two doors...not to mention a bit of blurb on the readme which includes saving instructions etc...

Thigs I haven't addressed - floating GUI in TARDIS library. Not sure how to solve this one and as it's not particularly impeding to gameplay I'm going to leave it for now.

Attic crash - I have no idea how this is happenning. I managed to get it to happen once after trying about fifty times, so it does seem quite rare. Unfortunately until I know why it's happening there is no way I can stop it. I'll continue to look into it.

The opening post has been revised to include the new link.

I'm sure this sort of revision will be an ongoing process, so let me know if you find any more bugs guys!

Sslaxx

I'm running the demo via the Linux AGS interpreter, so I'll let you know if I run into any issues with that.

By the way, Duckbutcher, updating OG on the game's progress?

Do you also know you can keep on asking Sarah about how to get past the gun once you've got past it?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Duckbutcher

Quote from: Sslaxx on Mon 09/04/2007 14:10:07
Do you also know you can keep on asking Sarah about how to get past the gun once you've got past it?

I do now!

Sslaxx

Quote from: Duckbutcher on Mon 09/04/2007 19:02:24
Quote from: Sslaxx on Mon 09/04/2007 14:10:07

I do now!
Good.

So far, it seems to be working just fine with the Linux interpreter. I've just played it through to completion without any issues.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Ben Paddon

I never registered on the forum, despite the fact I dabble with AGS every now and then, but this project compelled me to register and post my appreciation. Keep it up!

ShadeJackrabbit

Holly moly... that's quite amazing. I mean... you're able to actually capture what's so good about the show, and put it into a game! I just finished the second part, purely awesome. Good work, and keep it up!

Oh, and 4 seems like not enough to me... oh well :)

Blackthorne

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the demo of this game... kudos, sir.  You've really put a lot of work into this, and it's been fun.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

davidnagel

Did you not want me to host the demos mate? as i offered at www.duckbutcher.damproductions.org? if not, not a problem, i'll take it down.

Just finished downloading - will play at the first opportunity!

Fantastic!

delijoe

(delete)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk