DOCTOR WHO - TIME SNARE Big Update, Release Date And New Screens 7th Nov

Started by Duckbutcher, Wed 12/04/2006 13:55:23

Previous topic - Next topic

markbilly

Another bug...

In the room with the lasers in part 2. Sarah is told to stay by the door, however after leaving and entering again she is just following me around as normal in the room.

Duckbutcher

Quote from: markbilly on Thu 12/04/2007 12:18:10
Another bug...

In the room with the lasers in part 2. Sarah is told to stay by the door, however after leaving and entering again she is just following me around as normal in the room.

Cheers for that, I'll have it sorted in the next revision of the demo - which I should be uploading in a day or two.

davidnagel

Website updated

www.duckbutcher.damproductions.org

Duckbutcher

New revision of demo now uploaded - revised link in original post, but here it is again:

http://files.filefront.com/Doctor_Who_Demo_2zip/;7230342;/fileinfo.html

Hopefully it's now relatively bug-free.

Sslaxx

Cheers, Duck. I'll go check it out. Any chance of a Change Log?

Also, you credit "WhoMix" for the music, but who is that? Credit the actual author of the piece you're using, rather than the website - and, of course, Ron Grainer!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

markbilly

Quote from: Duckbutcher on Fri 13/04/2007 18:40:31
New revision of demo now uploaded - revised link in original post, but here it is again:

http://files.filefront.com/Doctor_Who_Demo_2zip/;7230342;/fileinfo.html

Hopefully it's now relatively bug-free.

Is this just a bug fix, or are there sprites and backgrounds changed/added?

argus

I found a bug, it's just when I try to leave the TARDIS.
I get an error message?  ???

Sslaxx

Quote from: argus on Fri 13/04/2007 19:58:10
Can you supply any more info? Is it reproducible? What does the error say?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Duckbutcher

Quote from: argus on Fri 13/04/2007 19:58:10

Wonderful, more bugs. I should open a flea circus.

Where and when does this occur?

And Markbilly, it's mainly a bug fix but there is a new crawling animataion for the Doctor as well as an alternate way for the player to gather information relevant to the glyph puzzle.

ShadeJackrabbit

tygerbug

Seeing those Five Doctors style lasers ..... It occurs to me that the plots of a lot of old Doctor Who stories are just like adventure games. Consider Pyramids of Mars for example. Even ends with sliding puzzle and glyph puzzle type padding.

Eniena

Hey Duckbutcher, did you get those little bug reports I sent you? If so, I'm glad I could be of help... even though you didn't ask for any.

Rob T Firefly

I'd just like to chime in with yet another gushing post about how wonderfully awesomely great this game is.  Fantastic work, Duckbutcher!

It's really remarkable how perfectly you've got the characters of the Doctor and Sarah.  It's pretty impossible to not hear Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen's voices in your head when reading their lines.  And the prank calls are absolute genius.

One bug, though, with a slight spoiler:
Spoiler
you can keep getting more strings from the ball of string in the village.
[close]

Thank you so much for this!  I look forward to the finished game.

Duckbutcher

Hi, just a quick note to let people know how I'm getting on...

First of all, a massive thank you to everyone who played and enjoyed the game. The sort of compliments I've been getting make the whole thing worthwhile. Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it, and I hope I can live up to your expectations for the full game.

I'm also happy that people have been very honest in telling me where I've gone wrong too. Thanks to all who've been sending me bug reports - this will all contribute to the game being better in the 'final cut'.

ALTHOUGH, because the game has one or two bugs as it stands, I've had one or two people reporting bugs that aren't there simply because they can't solve a particular puzzle. So let me clarify. NONE OF THE BUGS STOP A PUZZLE FROM BEING COMPLETED! The most serious one involves you being able to get back into the hallway after the Dalek has been released (this should be impossible). None of them prevent the game from being completed.

I realise the Rapidshare version of the game is corrupt, and would re-upload the bug-free demo if I hadn't lost the original file! I will do a re-compile at some point, but the game is 'mid surgery' at the moment as I'm constructing part three.

I'll be keeping the progress quiter than I have in the past, but will trickle out a new screenshot soon.

Release date? I don't like to guess. But It'll get done.

Thanks again everyone!

Edit: Oh, one last thing...I need a subtitle for the game. You know, like "Curse Of The" whatever, "Terror Of The" something ot other, a proper Doctor Who-ey title like that. Can't settle on one I like.

Any ideas, people?

Cirius

How about Dawn of the Daleks? (Shameless plug. Sorry.)

A quick glance over my DVD collection would suggest that whatever it is, it has to begin with 'The'. Approximately 80% of the Doctor Who episodes began with this triumphant declaration of the English language.
The Benefactor?

Either that, or fall back on the good old 'something' of the 'something else.' What these two things are, doesn't really matter, as long as they're there...
I've just had a great idea for a Dr Who title generator...

The Dance of the Hillbillies.
The Rent of the Accomodation.
The Price of the Fish.
The Changing of the Topic.
The Losing of the Keys.
The The of the The.

Jon

What about 'Curse of the Cybermen'?
Perhaps 'Torchwood' could be involved in the title somehow.

EDIT: After watching Doctor Who recently, 'the master' could also be involved.

ShadeJackrabbit

My vote's on "The Benefactor."

chaos4700

All things being equal it does seem like "The Benefactor" might be the best choice from what we've seen from the first two parts. I figured I come up with a few other suggestions. I've admittedly never been overly fond of the sort of titles that generally get picked for Doctor Who episodes (the classic ones, anyway) because they tend to be a little too straightforward. So anyway, here's a few other suggestions for candidates:

Time Snare
The Mandalox Procedure
The Final Weapon
Four Corners
The Benefactor's Plan
Chasing Armageddon

Duckbutcher

Quote from: chaos4700 on Sun 24/06/2007 14:50:16
Time Snare
The Mandalox Procedure
The Final Weapon
Four Corners
The Benefactor's Plan
Chasing Armageddon

Like these a lot, thanks for the suggestions! Good Who-ish titles. I've been sort of categorising them!

Time Snare and Four Corners sound very Cartmel/McCoy, The Final Weapon and The Benefactor's Plan sound very 60s / Hartnell, Chasing Armageddon sounds like a Virgin NA title, The Mandalox Procedure sounds sort of like Bidmead (although I guess it would have to be just 'Mandalox' to qualify for that!)...

Wow, got a bit supergeek witht the references there...

Thanks a lot, am seriously considering one or two of these!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk