Started by deftonesrule, Wed 17/05/2006 20:39:43

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonesrule

Existence - the bankai incident //// updated may 26 2006
beta version 0.0.4

Updates:
whats new in 0.0.4
------------------------
okay i said i wasent going to release another update but i wanted to see how long it would take for you guys to make it to the place holder screen.

theres more room, I'm getting better at understanding alot of the interface of ags.

btw you can get great midi's from popular videogames here:
http://www.vgmusic.com

Story line:
--------------------------------------------------
Existence is an americas army inspired, point and click adventure.
For those of you that have played americas army, the storyline of existence picks up after the events of the popular aa map: SF Hospital.

You play existence as the rescued VIP who has been kidnapped once again. After spending 3 days in a jailcell without seeing a soul he decides to escape before he staves. Eventually our hero will be given a name, and uncover a story of governmental conspiracy and corruption and ultimately .. save the world..

Production:
Ive been using unreal editor to setup my scenes in 3d, then use screenshots to produce my backgrounds. In unreal editor i setup a camera_trigger and a agp_viewpoint actor. this way i can spawn and view 2 locations from the same spot, make the changes i need, reload the map and take the new ss. This is critical for getting objects and spites so they place against the background perfectly.

Download:Ã,  (5.5 MB)
-------------------------------------------------
If you would like to download the most current version, please use this link.
You'll need winrar to extract the contents.

http://www.designbydrexler.com/existence/existence_beta_0.0.4.rar

About this current version:
------------------------------------------------
Beware my save fuction isnt working but you shouldnt need it. the first room is pretty easy as it is meant to introduce non-point and adventure game players to the gameplay. I intead to distribute this NON-COMMERCIALY!!! specificaly on aaotracker.com for americas army players to enjoy.

In Game Screenshots:
The game is playing in 800 x 600, but to save bandwidth i have reduced them in photoshop to the size of 350 x 263...

BIG THANK YOU'S
-----------------------------------------------------
A few big thank you's are in order as i havent setup the credits yet.
Candle, Ashan, Pablo, Ishmeal, and Zoot so far for helping me in this forum, pm's and on #agstech.
Thanks to you guys i will create a very fun game which i hope the ags comminity will be proud to be apart of ! Other thanks will be mentioned in game.

Future Releaes
------------------------------------------------------
I was inteading to release a few more beta versions but I'm confident very confident to this point so the next release will be the finished version! Existence_Alpha_0.1, so until then please post your opinions, critisisms and advice!

If your interested in americas army please visit americasarmy.com or aaotracker.com or aa-maps.net

cheeba

Hmm, looks interesting.

Not to sound too pedantic here, but it's actually spelled 'existence'.
ST Episode One Production thread (WARNING: Adult content)

Darth Mandarb

Please review the Forum Rules and add the second "in-game" screenshot.  (your last 2 screenshots are menu screens which don't count)

The project sounds interesting.

Afflict

Looking good keep it up!

Sound interesting !

deftonesrule

thanks mateys, spelling is m weakest point behind coding. i guess i know why..

after i get the load screen working the way i want ill do a total spelling grammer check up. This game is gonna be bad ass !

ManicMatt

Does anyone else think the screenshots are a bit too dark to see anything?

(I never did like the darkness in games like Doom 3. My eyes would be watering from straining to see what's in front of me!)

Redwall

It's not so much the lack of brightness as the lack of contrast, I think.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

deftonesrule

okay i did color corrections to all the bg images, just need to redesign the splash page. didnt save a darn psd version and i miss spelled existence on it =0P.

Candle

Quote from: ManicMatt on Thu 18/05/2006 22:17:39
Does anyone else think the screenshots are a bit too dark to see anything?

(I never did like the darkness in games like Doom 3. My eyes would be watering from straining to see what's in front of me!)
This is not the Critics Lounge.

deftonesrule

lol thanks candle, candle nd ashan have been big helps for me so far
btw its up to beta 0.0.2 =)

ManicMatt

Quote from: Candle on Fri 19/05/2006 13:37:25

This is not the Critics Lounge.

And you're not a moderator.  :P

But yes, I can see what you mean, but I really couldn't be sure if it's just the screenshots being mis-represented, or my own monitor at fault, or something else. I guess I could have PM'd deftonesrule.

(Oh and deftonesrule, here is my number: 02547.. oh I forget.  ;) Heh I love that song.)

deftonesrule

Existence_Beta_0.0.3 has been released. There will not be another release until the game is finished ! Please look out for a possible release within a month to 2 months tops.

THANK YOU!!! to everyone who has helped me to this point and a huge thank you to the creator of AGS, Chris Jones! I look forward to future versions!

cheeba

Quote from: ManicMatt on Fri 19/05/2006 17:59:54
I really couldn't be sure if it's just the screenshots being mis-represented, or my own monitor at fault, or something else. I guess I could have PM'd deftonesrule.

Well, it could just be a matter of contrast, and no problem with either the monitor settings or the game's brightness. Bear in mind that on a forum with bright background colours like this one, any dark images will appear very dark by comparison. But if you viewed them against a dark background (or fullscreen in the game itself) they'd look just fine.

Well, just a thought anyway.

Phemar

lo_res_man

Quote from: Zor on Fri 26/05/2006 17:54:28
Wow, graphics look friggin' hardcore.
Ã,  :D cheebas graphics are much more
Quotefriggin' hardcore
;D
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

cheeba

deftonesrule

yeah when do i get a demo of the starstrippers game ? =)

cheeba

Hopefully soon, in the next week or two. Things are taking a bit longer than planned, it seems every time I complete some artwork, there's a whole other bunch of stuff that needs doing. It's still on the way tho :)

deftonesrule

updated to beta_0.0.4

http://www.designbydrexler.com/existence/existence_beta_0.0.4.rar

give it a spin tell me how fast it takes you guys to get to the placeholder screen. i want opinions on the difficulty, menu, etc

btw i know i sais 0.0.3 would be the last release till its finished but i couldnt help myself =).

ManicMatt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk