Fallen Legend - Updated 29th December 2008

Started by DazJ, Wed 16/07/2008 02:17:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Makeout Patrol

I was disappointed that the demo didn't really let you do anything, but I guess that's a good thing - it meant I was intrigued by what I saw. I would recommend that you add in NW, NE, SW, and SE walking animations for the main character in such a high-res game. And make text skippable, but you already said you were going to work on that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it is absolutely beautifully drawn.

DazJ

Quote from: Makeout Patrol on Fri 01/08/2008 19:56:29I would recommend that you add in NW, NE, SW, and SE walking animations for the main character in such a high-res game. And make text skippable, but you already said you were going to work on that.

Our artist is already working on those walk-cycles - they were intended to be a part of the walk-cycle from the beginning :)

Text IS now skippable but not in the demo.

They'll be another version of the demo in the next couple of weeks or so.

BLUEKNIGHT38

I really like the style of drawing in this game, and I played the little demo game and thoroughly enjoyed it.   :)  This is a game I am really, really looking forward to playing the next demo and completed version.  Great job and much luck in this adventure. 

DazJ

Thankyou :)

It's always nice to hear positive comments about the game.

Progress is coming along nicely at the moment.

fly

I so like the "cartoon-ish" design of the game..better than 3D :)
I played the demo and like it very much, but you should have made a longer demo  ;D
Anyway game looks awesome ...how much will it cost?  ;D
Anyone that is willing to explain to me some things please send me a pm, thx

Nathan Allen Pinard

DazJ,

I'm regretting I couldn't do this project lol. This looks great!

DazJ

Quote from: fly on Mon 11/08/2008 22:10:04
I played the demo and like it very much, but you should have made a longer demo  ;D

The demo did it's job then if it left you wanting more ;)

The game will cost between £5-£10, we haven't decided yet - it's not something we've really thought about.

Progress is still coming along nice. We'll post some more screenshots soon.

Goldmund

I love the style.
Unique, atmospheric.
For me, it looks better than all those commerial 3d games. There's life to it. And undulating lake didn't bother me, I can take it as the graphical style's idiosyncracy.
Backgrounds and music are ace, I also dig the Kingish plot!
However, implementation sucks a bit ;-)

Steve walks really too slow, the horizontal walkcycle is awkward. I believe you could cut down on the frames, as there's some "sliding". Also, pathfinding was faulty in some instances.
The deer slides, because you didn't center the sprite, I think.
The hotspots for inventory/menu buttons are somehow off.
Also, the "woodcutting darkness" lasts too long, animation would be nice.

But it's my favourite demo in a long time! I'm verry interested in how this will turn out.

Dualnames

I'll add that you should have Stevy face stuff. Anyway, looks good and promising.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

DazJ

Quote from: Goldmund on Mon 08/09/2008 23:32:17Steve walks really too slow, the horizontal walkcycle is awkward. I believe you could cut down on the frames, as there's some "sliding". Also, pathfinding was faulty in some instances.
It's Peter ;) As mentioned earlier, even our character artist isn't happy with Peter's walkcycle and will be redrawing/fixing it.

QuoteThe deer slides, because you didn't center the sprite, I think.
I'm aware of this and will be fixing it before the next demo.

QuoteThe hotspots for inventory/menu buttons are somehow off.
This has already been fixed :)

QuoteAlso, the "woodcutting darkness" lasts too long, animation would be nice.
Correct, we'll be adding a cutscene for this.

Quote from: DualnamesI'll add that you should have Stevy face stuff. Anyway, looks good and promising.
Peter WILL face the correct way by the next demo release ;)

DazJ

The voice for the male lead of Peter has now been agreed - if anyone wants to hear samples I'll be glad to post them.

The female role of Pam is about 99% cast too. Just waiting for the official 'yes' from the woman who auditioned.

The voice talent is being provided by professional voice-over actors, who will be getting paid for their efforts.

DazJ

Voice samples now online

RIGHT-CLICK & SAVE TARGET AS

Peter - our hero - http://www.gamejelly.net/extras/peter_sample.mp3 - Voiced by Phillip Sacramento.

Pam - our hero's new friend - http://www.gamejelly.net/extras/pam_sample.mp3 - Voiced by Sara Barrack.

ENJOY! :)

dirk delshire

Nice! You sure can pick them DazJ. And even better you have good mics.
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

DazJ

Cheers Dirk. The voice actors are actually professionals who have worked on some major productions - we've hired them for the project, we couldn't be happier!!!

:D

DazJ

Quick update - the game's coming along great now. We're still looking at a Christmas 2008 release.

Nikolas

YAY!

That was fast! We were only PMing each other over the summer!

Excellent news! Good! Cool! Lovely!

More things to buy for Xmas! ;)

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Bai Karl

Very good graphics! Interesting...I have to include this game in my list of favorites games in production.

DazJ

Right, where to start...

"Fallen Legend" IS still in production, I have no way gave up on it. For the past 2 or 3 months some personal stuff simply got in the way and I had to deal with all of that before I could attempt to get back to work on it.

This is just a quick update really to let people know that Fallen Legend is back in production again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk