Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold (Updated 2012-11-15)

Started by Tarantula, Wed 06/12/2006 19:02:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

What should I do instead of it? I'm interested in FM, but I don't even know the time of its release. That's why I try to learn about it as much as possible. I don't think I bore Tarantula because he can stop answering me as soon as he gets tired.

i k a r i

What has inspired you  to make a western game is more a personal question xD,  ;D ;D

Now that I started a reply I'm gonna ask =), are you going to add movies to the game and unique animations for every puzzle? Are you really aiming to make it as professional as possible or just a very nice looking game? Can't wait  :D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Cyrus on Wed 28/02/2007 16:16:35What should I do instead of it? I'm interested in FM, but I don't even know the time of its release. That's why I try to learn about it as much as possible. I don't think I bore Tarantula because he can stop answering me as soon as he gets tired.

Sorry man ... I didn't mean to give the impression your questions were a bad thing!Ã,  I just suggested putting them all together rather than 1 post for each!Ã,  That's all.Ã,  Or you could post them in a PM to him instead!Ã,  No worries!

If you need to reply to this, or have more questions, drop me a PM rather than post [off topic] in here!!Ã,  I'm happy to discuss it :)

Tarantula

Quote from: Cyrus on Wed 28/02/2007 14:21:19
What has inspired you to make a western-styled game?

I've always been a fan of western movies and I thought a western theme would be perfect for a game like this. It is in many ways quite similar to the pirate theme in the Monkey Island games, which I love. For example, the crude and sometimes even morbid style of humor of MI fits very well in a western game also.

I also love how the MI games basically have an historical aspect to them while not actually being historically accurate at all, thus allowing space for all kinds of wacky silliness. I'm going for this in Fester Mudd too.

Quote from: i k a r i on Wed 28/02/2007 16:40:37
Now that I started a reply I'm gonna ask =), are you going to add movies to the game and unique animations for every puzzle? Are you really aiming to make it as professional as possible or just a very nice looking game? Can't wait  :D

I'm definitely aiming to make Fester Mudd as professional as possible, and not just visually. There's already a huge amount of animations, but I'm also putting a lot of effort into the music, the text, the puzzles and... well, everything :)

I suppose I'm being especially careful with the humor. I keep constantly honing the stuff I've already written: improving, rewriting and dropping out jokes that stink. While doing this, I'm also trying to avoid the feeling of "forced humor". It really ruins the mood for me when sometimes adventure games seem to have a joke shoved in every possible situation, and only half of the jokes actually work.

I know, this is an awful lot of work for just one guy, but luckily I've got a lot of time on my hands :)

Cyrus

Good luck!
P.S. Can I contact other "Funky Duck" members. I'm interested to know what they are now working at.

Tarantula

Update 2007-03-20:

Added two new screenshots! (Check the first page)

I've been working on the game very intensely lately. If things go as planned, I should have a demo ready in a couple of months. As for the completion date of the full game, I'm aiming for the summer of 2008... I guess only time will tell how good that aim is :)

nihilyst

Wow. I really admire your graphics. I wish you good luck with the further development of this game. ^^

Afflict

Damn this looks great!  :o It's sure worth the wait!

i k a r i

Summer 2008?  :'(

I'm completely sure this wait will be worthy. Those last screenshots, are incredible looking and very nostalgic, you've recreated perfectly the "classic adventures" look. It looks even better than those oldies.  ;D
Don't give up on this project please!
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

kehax

This game remind me of a very old game called Lost dutchman mine I used to play on my Amiga 500. I totaly loved that game! Carry on the good workÃ,  :D

ps: Lost dutchman mine is not the same as Al Emmo's dutchman mine. Himalaya Studios should not have copied the name from that old game.

Here is a screen from the old game :P

thewalrus

I am still in awe your awesome artistic style. Are you sure you didn't work for sierra in the early to mid 90's? This seems like a game with awesome sierraish graphics with the classic lucas arts interface. Should be delightful!!!  ;D

Keep on it, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

proximity

My second favorite Game in Production. This game has very deep soul believe me. Well done  ;)
Proximity Entertainment

Tarantula

Update 2011-03-20: I decided to dig this old thread up just to let everyone know the project is still alive and doing well! The original schedule totally backfired due to all kinds of things happening in my personal life, but I'm glad to say that the project is again progressing at a steady pace. Due to the scale of the project, I have decided to divide the game into 3 episodes, contrary to my original plan. This won't change the structure of the game at all - it only means that you'll get your hands on the game sooner!

Igor Hardy

Visually Fester looks grand - the elements of the environments have a great texture to them, something the old LucasArts games certainly had. Reminds me a bit of Simon The Sorcerer too.

I wish you best of luck with finishing the game this year!

Cyrus

Glad to hear that! Really loved that screenshot with the Yogi bear head! When will you set up a website?

cianty

Oh boy! First time I see this thread and man, this looks awesome! There are so many beautiful games in progress here currently. I really hope this one will be finished some day!
ca. 70% completed

Dualnames

That's a blast from the past, right there. I'm glad this is back on the active projects!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Secret Fawful

I love the authentic look of this. I could buy that town being a real town from the Old West. We need more adventure games with this setting, so I'm a fan of this project one hundred and one million percent.

Fitz

Wow! Those screens could easily pass for some classic early 90's game. And kudos for keeping the project alive in spite of difficulties. Reminds me I need to work on mine, too - which I have put away for a while now to get some other things sorted out.

On an unrelated note, the title reminded me of this song :)

Iliya

I just saw the screenshots. AMAZING!!! Great work man!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk