Gemini Rue - Coming Feb 24, 2011 under Wadjet Eye Games!

Started by TheJBurger, Fri 19/09/2008 01:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnGreenArt

I'm looking forward to this. Regarding the name change, I still think it's easy to misread "Rue" as "Rule" and with "Gemini" being a more familiar word its just easier. But I do like the name, even if it's not as unique as the old name.

Perhaps registering "Gemini Rule" just so searches will redirect to this game is a good idea...

Igor Hardy

The best thing about the new name is that it can be lovingly shortened to G-Rue.  ;D

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Gravity

I actually rather liked the old name better, but that's just me. The new name isn't so bad. I've played quite a few games with weird or bad names that were awesome and this game sounds like it will be pretty good. You could change the name to Jacked In and I would still play it.

Takyon

One of my favourite things about the game was the old name. Either way I literally cannot wait to play it and pray that there will be full voice acting :D.
ghost.

theo

I'm looking forward to this game bigtime. The mood is spot on. Consider me a customer if the price isn't too steep (and if the payment options suit me.)

ALPHATT

Try to put this game on steam, and by all means, I'll buy it. That award will look nice on the steam store page.

Also, the art style reminds me of countdown, but it ends up looking better because it's not real life footage scaled down but hand drawn sprites.
/sig

cianty

The screenshots look mind-blowing. I am very curious to see the finished product.
ca. 70% completed

Dualnames

I  keep watching that trailer insanely. It really feels that this game will mind-blown us. I'd like to see any Cowboy Bebop references  (if any). Presuming that it's Spike Stiegel on your profile picture. ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

TheJBurger

Quick update:

PC Gamer Issue 204 (September 2010) has a short preview on Gemini Rue. It's page 42, right after Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout 3: New Vegas, and Dead Space 2.  :D

ddq

Sweet! Frankly, I'm looking forward to GR way more than any of those games. Glad to see you're getting a lot of pre-release coverage.

cianty

Cool! Congrats on the coverage. :)
ca. 70% completed

Dualnames

Quote from: TheJBurger on Thu 02/09/2010 05:00:49
Quick update:

PC Gamer Issue 204 (September 2010) has a short preview on Gemini Rue. It's page 42, right after Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout 3: New Vegas, and Dead Space 2.  :D

YAY!!! Lots of coverage of AGS games lately! My congrats! A scan would be nice! ;)

*recalls Limping Fish*
DAMN YOU!! ;)

EDIT: Also I hope you mind my fanboyism cluttering this topic, but I just can't help it. :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

TheJBurger

Gemini Rue is now an Indie Games Arcade finalist!

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/09/indie_games_arcade_2010_lineup.html

Updated first post as well with Awards & Press links.

TheJBurger

PCGamer Issue 204 (September 2010) - Gemini Rue preview:
Page 1
Page 2

theo

Good job on landing the PC Gamer coverage, man! That is some wonderful exposure you got there.

TheJBurger

Hey all,

If you've had any pressing questions about Gemini Rue, now is your chance to ask!

I will be part of an upcoming podcast with 2 other Los Angeles based developers (Matt Gilgenbach, Mark Essen) in correspondence with IndieGames.com.

Link: http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/11/podcasting_in_los_angeles_what.html

TheJBurger

Come listen to the IndieGames Podcast and hear my monotone voice reveal intimate secrets about GEMINI RUE! http://bit.ly/hFV39W (the part about Gemini Rue starts a little after 48:30)

In other news, a very important announcement regarding GEMINI RUE will be out in the weeks to come, so stay tuned!

J

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk