Gemini Rue - Coming Feb 24, 2011 under Wadjet Eye Games!

Started by TheJBurger, Fri 19/09/2008 01:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki Russell

Oh wow, this looks great. Lookin' forward to playing this when its out.

TheJBurger

*New screenshot + bump in first post*

Something about the story goes here:

Project is still alive and well and rolling along. And thanks to everyone for the positive feedback so far!

ThreeOhFour

The old screenshots are great. The new screenshot is great.

It's all great, basically  :=

Oh, and interesting speech portrait style!

Peder 🚀

Great to see this is still on track!
The new screenshot looks brilliant!

This is definatly a game I will be playing when it comes out! ;D.
Also looking forward to see what the "never to be explained" non-standard adventure-game play is! :P.

Galen

markbilly

Reminds me of the Blade Runner music by Vangelis. Which is by no means a bad thing! The whole project is looking great!

vial

After being very impressed by the screenshots and of course the underlying game (idea), I assembled a desktop wallpaper:

Full Resolution

Looking forward to see,hear and play more; it reminds of "Innocent until caught", "Beneath a Steel Sky" and "Guilty".

Buckethead

The new screen is really sweet.  :D

Nathan Allen Pinard

Sound Design Update:

I've been working on the sound design for BR for about a week now. Mainly writing down what should go where. As we're adding more and more sounds, this game is starting to sound alive. In due time, we'll be adding music as well, which will hopefully have a cinematic feel to it.

I'm confident when this is done, you will all be very pleased with this project. I know I'm having fun!

Nikolas

Nathan, I KNOW you'll be doing some bad a$$ job! And I guess you're having fun, I'm always having fun with computer games, especially games that seem SO AWESOME as this one does! ;)

Take care bud... Hope to catch you on Skype at some point...

(BTW, Just one question for comparison purposes. Could you spare the details on how many sfx you have per room (average), cause I think I'm slightly overdoing it...  :-[)

Nathan Allen Pinard

Well, every single room I've assigned some kind of room ambiance, because I hate it when there is no ambiance. Darkfall (by a dev in your country btw) has nothing but music in their game ambiance wise, and that's something that really seems unfinished to me.

After that I pretty much have a sound for almost everything planned. Whether JBurger wants to spend the time programming that in is up to him.

I don't think there really is "over doing it" even with nostalgic games.

Let me give you an example:

In that first scene with the rain, I have a loopable rain "track" that pretty much plays like music. The rain track also has a few things added to it within the track to give a bit more life, like a siren in the distance. I also gave 2 other varieties of rain, so when switching room it feels like your moving. One which was designed with heavy rain, and one which is light.

After that I have the terminal there in the picture make sounds when clicking buttons, as well as a voice over that will talk to you (as if it was the computer) that happens throughout the game. Then I have a sound when you try to open certain things and they do, or do not open, both have sounds.

I hope that makes sense. I don't think your overdoing it.

And I don't think I have you on skype. Mine is sonrise03 (id)

EDIT: I probably won't do footsteps, but we'll see.

Nathan Allen Pinard

Just letting everyone know this is going. I've been working on the sound and music, but slowly. So the delay of this release is entirely my fault :P

Nikolas

Quote from: Nathan Allen Pinard on Mon 06/07/2009 21:35:12
Just letting everyone know this is going. I've been working on the sound and music, but slowly. So the delay of this release is entirely my fault :P
Shame on you!  :P

The top quality of this game will forgive any delay...

Rincewind

Agreed, this looks absolutely awesome - Sci-fi and film noir? Parallel storylines? Count me in!
And the music teaser does indeed sound very Vangelis/Blade Runner-ish, but I love that, and the tune sounds great, so I couldn't be more excited about this! Really looking forward to the finished game! :)

TheJBurger

In case you missed it over here, there is an article up on a Hardy Dev's blog about Boryokudan Rue with exclusive(!) screenshots: http://hardydev.com/2009/11/18/visually-directing-the-player/

Edit: Also updated the first post with more information as the game nears completion.

Matti

The screenies are awesome, and - to be honest - this is the AGS project I'm currently most anticipating. Wish you well with further development.

Knox

Wow very nice!!

Cant wait to play it :)
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

loontje

The graphics look impressive, and the story sounds interesting too. Can't wait to play this.

TheJBurger

Hey everybody,

IndieGames.com has some very nice things to say about Boryokudan Rue in their "10 Indie Games to Watch Out For in 2010."

In particular, the author says:
This is just insanely brilliant adventure gaming. The story contains some of the best plot and dialogue I've seen in a good while, and the hand-painting scenes look gorgeous. In addition to the traditional point-and-clicking, there are also action scenes which require timing and precision. There's a 'kick' verb too! Adventure gaming fans need to keep this one in their radar.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk