Herman Toothrot's MONKEY ISLAND - Babar joins the team!

Started by Chicky, Tue 21/02/2006 21:03:48

Previous topic - Next topic

ScoobyFan14

:=  Just what we need:another Monkey Island game.
Steven Reatherford

Chicky

Big Bump!

Well progress has been going slow but sure, GUI, inventory and puzzle system have been implemented, few more puzzles have been programmed and i've managed to hook myself up with a tablet pc so i can work on the game anywhere i go.

but...

REALLY NEED A NEW MUSICIAN - If you're interested please pm me on the forums or email cs.chicken@gmail.com. Cheers.

CosmoQueen

So the whole game is gonna look exactly like the screenshots you've showed?
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

calacver

Yes, I think it is an original and very kewl style!

lemmy101

I'm not usually much of a fan of games made in an existing commercial franchise but for some reason I've not counted this one :D love the graphic style and am looking forward to playing it immensely! Keep it up :D

Chicky

ProgZmax is now the official musician!

ProgZ has joined the team to produce some lovely old skool gameboy style music, production should be kicking up a notch now!

The whole game does look exactly like the screenshots ive shown, or you can change the colours via the options menu.

And thanks for the nice words everyone.

Nikolas

That's great news.

Whatever I've heard of Progzy sounds really nice and exactly what this game needs :) Great news indeed.

and I can't remember posting in this thread (I think I must've though.. :p) but:
It looks really original, a brilliant idea and a very good game to play. :)

thewalrus

Glad you finally got yourself an exellent musician! Now get that game finished won't ya?  ;D

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Chicky

05/03/07 : My my, doesn't this game making process take a long time, 'ey :)

I've started work in HTMI again, don't worry I'm not redoing backgrounds or rewriting story, just plodding along with the same stuff i've been working on all this time.

I'm a VERY slow programmer, scripting puzzles takes me hours so bare with me. I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Like i've said a hell of a lot of art is done its just putting it all together now, i've coded another big puzzle today so i'm happy.

We WILL get there, in the end!

cheers,

Baron

I have this fatal expectation that production on this game might be suspended again.....

Not to be discouraging: I'm looking forward to the finished product(s).  ;D

Cyrus

Well, I'm sorry, but I don't like the 3-colour idea. To my opinion, Zooty's version looks better. Are you going to put the Big Whoop or the Secret storyline in the game?

Akatosh

I have to say, Cyrus, I'm not that surprised.

Nikolas

yay!

3 months and 2 days! Well done Cyrus! Chicky, any update on this? Before Darth sees it?

Cyrus

There's no special mark "No posts for over 120 days", that's why I thought it wouldn't be so bad to dig it up.

Gilbert

Quote from: Cyrus on Fri 08/06/2007 12:12:40
There's no special mark "No posts for over 120 days", that's why I thought it wouldn't be so bad to dig it up.

Did you read the forum rules? :P
DO NOT dig up old threads!!
If you're interested in an old thread* about a project don't post asking about the progress.  Send a PM to the game's author.  If the project has been cancelled and/or abandoned there's no point in bumping the thread!

* Old Threads are threads that have been inactive for near to over 90 days (3 months).

Darth Mandarb

Yo Chicky ... if/when you want to update hit me with a PM or MSN and I'll unlock this for you.

Just want to prevent it being dug up again in 92 days ...

*sigh*

Chicky

Teehee...

I have coined this year as the year of AGS so it seems i have to contribute in some way ;) Seeing as i'm a hopeless programmer and so many people have been waiting on this game I am very happy to announce i now have a code junkie helping me! Babar is the new weapon in the HTMI fight for release, this is awesome because he's very enthusiastic and has been a fan from the start. It also means that now i have someone else doing the editor stuff i can concentrate on getting every pixel perfect on every screen, i appreciate there are a few improvements that could be made.

I can confidently say that there WILL be a HTMI release in 2010.

And here's a screencap from my alpha code for Chapter 1 of the game where i cocked up the palette a bit.

Igor Hardy

First time I see this game. The graphics are amazing.

Snake

This is great, Chicky! Glad to see you are back with another update... after 3 years ;)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Chicky

Cheers guys! The story brief on the first page has changed as well, fyi.

And Snake, one can learn a lot in three years ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk