Joey The Rocker - A Dirty Game Done Dirt Cheap (Last Update: 1/7 - 2003)

Started by Rincewind, Fri 11/04/2003 20:08:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincewind

Last Update: 1/7 - 2003

Ok, I thought I'd finally present my game here, since things are getting closer and closer to the end... Hopefully...

The game is about Joey - a simple guy, whose main interests are Heavy Metal, Heavy Metal, and oh yeah - Heavy Metal.
Suffice to say, music is his life, and when he wakes up after a night of some big party, and finds his whole record collection stolen, he jumps out on a chase to find his sacred albums.
With only a mysterious card with an adress on it and his somewhat stoned friend Drugs to help him, it's up to you to find out who the thief is...

Story: 100%
Backgrounds: 100%
Sprites: 100%
Dialogues: 100%
Scripting: 95%
Music: 1%

As  you can see, things are progressing slowly, but I still haven't got any real music in the game whatsoever, so I therefore ask if there's someone out there willing to compose music for the game? Contact me if you feel like contributing!

EDIT:
N3Tgraph has kindly enough created a great main theme for the game, which can be found here: http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/rockish.mid
Excellent job, man!

Ok, here are some new screens, with better quality and featuring the all new, green LEC-GUI...

[EDIT]

OK, I thought I would add some character art, in case you were wondering: ;D

[EDIT]

Now it's really, really close to being finished... I still have some minor scripting problems that needs to be taken care of, but hopefully I'll be able to overcome them... ;D
Right now I am looking for people willing to Beta-test the game. Anyone interested?

[EDIT]

Ok, are ya all ready to Beta-test? The game is now playable from start to finish, but very buggy and un-tested. So, therefore I shall send messages to all you volunteering Beta-testers! Get ready! (And it's not too late if you want to sign up to be one, btw... ;D )

scotch

You know if you are going to post images you should make them jpgs or gifs or pngs :P

Not just rename them that.

It does look nice though.. but over 2.5.mb

AGA

You do realise it's not enough to just rename the file extension from .bmp to .jpg, right? You need to convert them in an image programme...

Anyway, nice game idea, I look forward to it :)

Rincewind

Yeah, allright, I feel guilty of that...  :-[  
I'll save them as jpg's instead.

Thanks for commenting, anyway!

Vel

Nice idea, but you could customize the GUI a bit.

Rincewind

Thanks for commenting, Vel!
And I'm going to change the appearance of the GUI, but at the moment I haven't been able to do one that looks good enough. (I'm just experimenting with different colours and fonts...)
Hopefully I'll get it to match nicely with the setting of the game.  

Ishmael

I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

remixor

ROCK.  This looks like it'll be pretty nice.  Good luck!  Zeppelin Rules!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

blacksoul

how can it be possible that we both had the same idea?
i haven't started anything (i only drew the main character, see one of my last messages in http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=5273;start=0) but my story was supposed to be similar as yours...

Rincewind

Thanks TK & Remixor! You know what they say:
"It's only Rock n' Roll but I like it"... Hehe...

Blacksoul:
You had the same idea? That's kind of cool... ;D
But I'm sorry if that spoils the plans for you own game.  

Quickstrike

You've got a Monkey Island poster in the first background.   :P
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Rincewind

Yep, I sure have.
I needed something to fill the blank space on the wall, basically... ;D

n3tgraph

:) kewl :)

reminds me of wayne's world... which also was an adventure game
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Rincewind

Thanks, both danny and N3TGraph!
I'm happy to say that things are actually going forward... I now have all of my backgrounds finished, and will soon continue with character animation(Argh... Not my favourite bit...) and puzzle scripting.

Rincewind

Just bumping to say I've edited and uploaded some characters. Enjoy...

Rincewind

Latest Edit: Updated the progress of the game, and also added a request for musical composers.

n3tgraph

rince drop me a pm with needed songs and maybe I have some inpiration for a song you need
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Rincewind

Jay V

hey hey i wanna be a voice actor!!!

any plans to have voice acting? ;)
got voices?
jasonvoiceover.tk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk