Kingdom O' Magic (Remake) --- Updated

Started by Revonx, Tue 16/09/2008 04:34:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Revonx

Quote from: moo on Sun 08/03/2009 01:24:02
Hey there. I love kom n its awsome thatyour doing a remake.

I've tried using that link/site to download the demo but it keeps telling me that its gonna take 20 or 30 hours to download then timing out after 5-10 mins.

Is there any chance of uploading it as a torrent? I'm sure there's a lot of people here that would seed it, me included.

Thanks

Hi,

You're The First Person To Have Problems With This. Not That I Don't Believe You, But I Did Download The File Myself Just Now, As I Do From Time To Time, To Check If Its Still Working, And It Is. It Should Take Nowhere Near 20 Hours, It Shouldn't Even Take 1. So I wonder If Either Megaupload Was Very Busy At The Time, Or  Your Computers Connection Was Acting Up. MegaUpload, Is One Of The Biggest, If Not THE Biggest Hosting Services On The Web. Are You Using Download Accelerators E.T.C? I Have Never Used Torrents Before, My Brother Had An Evil One Go All 'Teen Slasher' On His Computer, And I've Always Been Wary Of Them. So Try Again, And If The Same Problem Still Occurs I will Either Personally Send You The File, Or Upload It On Another Website.

Sorry For The Inconvenience,

Revonx.

moo

Quote from: Revonx on Sun 08/03/2009 07:27:27

Hi,

You're The First Person To Have Problems With This. Not That I Don't Believe You, But I Did Download The File Myself Just Now, As I Do From Time To Time, To Check If Its Still Working, And It Is. It Should Take Nowhere Near 20 Hours, It Shouldn't Even Take 1. So I wonder If Either Megaupload Was Very Busy At The Time, Or  Your Computers Connection Was Acting Up. MegaUpload, Is One Of The Biggest, If Not THE Biggest Hosting Services On The Web. Are You Using Download Accelerators E.T.C? I Have Never Used Torrents Before, My Brother Had An Evil One Go All 'Teen Slasher' On His Computer, And I've Always Been Wary Of Them. So Try Again, And If The Same Problem Still Occurs I will Either Personally Send You The File, Or Upload It On Another Website.

Sorry For The Inconvenience,

Revonx.

yeah ur right looks like the site was running slow, doing better today but not my much doing about 10k n says 3 hrs. Not using any download accelerators, I've never had the need to really.

Quote from: Revonx on Tue 16/09/2008 04:34:26

Sorry about the file size but it is a huge game, the demo in itself qualifies as a full AGS game. Do I dare say that, once finished, KOM will be the largest AGS game ever made?

I had to look around for a site that'd host such a large file, as I don't have one of my own. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do for the full version? I estimate that the size will be around 1.2GB. I don't know if Adventuregamestudio.co.uk will support this.

Thats what made me think of torrents, figured if files r too big to put on sites then sharing them direct from ur pc via some p2p thing might be an option.

Thank you very much, I'm eagerly awaiting this demo download n looking forward to the finished game. Good luck with it n thanks.

mkennedy

In the original, was the gameplay any different between Sharon and Thidney? I wonder why Sharon won't be available to play as.

Frodo

In the original, the went about things slightly differently, and the solved problems differently.   ;)

Revonx

Quote from: mkennedy on Wed 11/03/2009 05:08:31
In the original, was the gameplay any different between Sharon and Thidney? I wonder why Sharon won't be available to play as.

Everything Was Very Similar, The Only Things That Really Differed Were Certain Dialogs, Certain Cutscenes And I Think Two Puzzles. There Was Not Much Point In Having Two Playable Characters, And Because I Changed The Story Almost Completly Sharon Became An NPC Rather Than An Actual Playable Character. Anyone Who Completed The Demo, Frodo Especially, Can Tell You, That You Do Actually Play As Sharon For One Puzzle In The Demo. Ifact In The Full Game, Some Puzzles Force You To Play As Several Different Characters, Including Goliath (That Dwarf Guy). But I'm Not Going To Give Away Too Much Just Yet.

Frodo

Quote from: Revonx on Sun 15/03/2009 20:19:29
Some Puzzles Force You To Play As Several Different Characters, Including Goliath (That Dwarf Guy). But I'm Not Going To Give Away Too Much Just Yet.

War!  War!   ;D
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Frodo

Ifact In The Full Game, Some Puzzles Force You To Play As Several Different Characters, Including Goliath (That Dwarf Guy). But I'm Not Going To Give Away Too Much Just Yet.

So what other characters can you play as, apart from Goliath (which will be awesome)?   :)

I'm dying to play this game.   ;D

Revonx

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 22/04/2009 20:25:26
Ifact In The Full Game, Some Puzzles Force You To Play As Several Different Characters, Including Goliath (That Dwarf Guy). But I'm Not Going To Give Away Too Much Just Yet.

So what other characters can you play as, apart from Goliath (which will be awesome)?   :)

I'm dying to play this game.   ;D

I Won't Say Just Yet, 1. Because I'd Like To Keep Some Things 'Hidden' For When The Games Completed And 2. I've Got All The Puzzles Down, But They May Change Slightly. For Example If You Remember From The Demo, 'The Pixie Puzzle' Has Changed, I Thought It Was Too Hard For The Early Stages Of The Game And Didn't Fit Very Well. The Game Is Getting There, I Think Its Coming Up To A Year In The Making Now, Can't Say When It Will Be Finished, Whenever I Think I'm Almost Done, I Realise Theres Further To Go. So, Sorry For The Long Wait, I'll keep You Updated.

Frodo

Well don't rush anything, just for the sake of getting it finished.  It's better to make sure you are completely satisfied with it all first.   :)

xenogia

Out of curiosity Revonx why don't you use the OGG Theora video codec instead of MPEG, not only will this hide the videos from the general player, it is more integrated with AGS and the file size is a lot smaller (quality is the same if not better).

Revonx

Quote from: Xenogia on Thu 23/04/2009 02:04:12
Out of curiosity Revonx why don't you use the OGG Theora video codec instead of MPEG, not only will this hide the videos from the general player, it is more integrated with AGS and the file size is a lot smaller (quality is the same if not better).

I Actually Am Using That Very Format Now That I've Upgraded To AGS 3.1.2, DualNames Pointed That Out To Me In A Previous Post. But Thankyou For The Advice All The Same :)

xenogia

Ahh oops, I just noticed MPEG on the first post.  Should have read through them all before posting.. lol

Dualnames

Quote from: Revonx on Thu 23/04/2009 03:51:24
Quote from: Xenogia on Thu 23/04/2009 02:04:12

I Actually Am Using That Very Format Now That I've Upgraded To AGS 3.1.2, DualNames Pointed That Out To Me In A Previous Post. But Thankyou For The Advice All The Same :)

Great to see you're doing that.. ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

KissTheSky

Nice demo!  I loved the original KOM when it came out, found this when I was looking for a way to play it on XP.  I like the way you've changed some of the dialogue but kept the same style of humour.

I find it hard to remember now exactly how the original went, which should make the puzzles more interesting for me in the new version!  As I read through the dialogue I was trying to remember what was original and what was new - are all the old black and white video clips from the original?  I didn't recognise some of them.

How's the full version coming along?

PS is it possible to play the demo in full-screen mode?  Couldn't find any way to do it.

PPS is this legal?  ;)

Peder 🚀

When the full game is done I will gladly host it :).
I gotta use all this bandwidth and webspace for something! hehe :P.

Also its looking very good!
Ive never played the original but I will for sure try this out when its done :).

Frodo

I, for one, am very much looking forward to the full game.   ;D

Frodo

So... any progress on this?   :)

Do you plan to release any more demos for it?   8)

Dualnames

Quote from: Frodo on Thu 18/06/2009 01:45:29
So... any progress on this?   :)

Do you plan to release any more demos for it?   8)

Revonx was last online on May I suggest you send him a mail(adress on signature)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Revonx

Hi, sorry for the lack of contact. Very busy at the moment, (you know what its like in the UK at the moment) so no major changes in progress. I'll try to keep you posted over the next few months.

Revonx

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Wed 27/05/2009 07:46:03
When the full game is done I will gladly host it :).
I gotta use all this bandwidth and webspace for something! hehe :P.

Also its looking very good!
Ive never played the original but I will for sure try this out when its done :).

Thankyou for the generous offer, I'd love for you to host it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk