Frantic Franko (New SCREENSHOT, New release DATE)

Started by Igor Hardy, Sat 25/04/2009 20:22:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Ben304 on Tue 21/12/2010 08:32:57
I think it is admirable in the fact that you're treating it as a "designer's playground". What this does for player accessibility is another story, but as an exercise in creative, out of the box puzzle design it certainly serves as an inspiration.

Thanks. Glad you feel that way, and hopefully more players will. To clarify, I never really ignore player accessibility for any puzzle I'm creating (which I feel happened quite often in those epic classic adventures of the past) but for Franko I'll demand some more attention from the players and consequently I'll be able to have much more unique puzzles.

Recently I was told by a Snakes of Avalon reviewer that she solved the entire game by clicking around the location while concurrently watching TV - this time I want to make sure she won't have it that easy.  ;)

Quote from: Ben304 on Tue 21/12/2010 08:32:57
With "art games" and the like all over the place, though, I don't see why this couldn't be considered an "art of puzzles" game rather than an "focus on a philosophical concept" game.

Sure, and I think that there actually is a considerable fanbase for "puzzles as art" games in the realm of browser games. Though these are mostly puzzle puzzle games and their narratives and dialogs are usually minimal. Stuff not unlike Braid or Riven.

Franko, on the other hand, will be dominated by puzzles connected directly to influencing the narrative and characters - just like traditional inventory-based adventures.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk