Maniac Mansion - Dott-Style (still in business!)

Started by Mister L, Tue 03/11/2009 10:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: Mister L on Sun 01/05/2011 19:59:28
Sorry, we can't say anything about a release date.  :-\
We've been working on the script a lot and added some nice effects - so stay tuned!  :D

BTW: Now you can listen to our version of the main theme on our website:
http://www.night-of-the-meteor.de/en

The music is great. I started laughing at how closely it resembles DOTT. If I may offer a suggestion, though, I'd make the melody louder. During my first listen, I couldn't even hear the resemblance between the original MM theme and this. The second time, I could just barely make it out.

Dr. Spengler

Hi, Mister L. How has the progress been going?

Sledgy

I'd like to play DOTT-style than MM Deluxe! Thanks)

softice10001

Love MM! I first played it on a C64 and didn't finish it. I played it for countless hours though. When did they change the evil characters to look blue or green? I remember seeing this game on Nintendo and they were tinted along with no hamster in the micro - I really thought that was a slap in the face. Hope you will keep it as close to the roots as possible.

That being said - Looks like you are doing a heck of a job.  I really dig the dott draw style. The vids look amazing.

Hey when all is done would you think of making a Zak remake?

Dr. Spengler

Anything new going on with the production? Update?

Mister L

Just a quick update:
We're still working on the project - at the moment it's going kinda slow, but the game is alive and kicking!  8)

Oh, by the way. Here's a new background to admire:  ;)

http://www.night-of-the-meteor.de/en/news

Tabata

-   Das ist einfach nur genial!

Mister L

Hey folks, here is a small life sign from our projcet!  :)

We're all very busy with our real life issues and the work is going slow - but we're still at it!  8)
Check out our website, for some screens we had to throw away, cause they were no longer up to standards.

http://www.night-of-the-meteor.de/en/news

arj0n

[hint]Wish I could see the new ones compared to the outdated ones[/hint]  ;)

Paul Franzen

I have a feeling I'm not the first person to say this, but that trailer is a thing of beauty. PLEASE keep it up! I've been playing adventure games since I was a kid and still haven't gotten all the way through Maniac Mansion, but now I'm SUPER excited to play it again.
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

Dr. Spengler

So, Mister L, how's the progress been going?

Darth Mandarb

Dr. Spengler - You didn't technically break the rules (in 2 days you would have) so I'm not layin' down the law here... but this is (just going back a few pages) the 7th time you've dug this thread up to ask for a status update.  How about sending a PM to the author next time or just let him/her update this thread it when they're ready to? :)

fan
Since it's been dug up anyway ... I wouldn't mind an update on the progress either!

Mister L

Whoops.  :o

Well, thanks for the interest guys. I wish we could update this thread more often.
We're still making progress, but it goes veeeeeery slow at the moment.  :-[

Our new main problem is: Our lead-animator hasn't got the time anymore to complete the last walk-animations of the remaining 2 characters.

So if there is anyone out there who can handle cartoon-animations in the "day of the tentacle style" - please let us know!  :-*

timofonic

Quote from: Mister L on Mon 05/03/2012 20:51:06
Whoops.  :o

Well, thanks for the interest guys. I wish we could update this thread more often.
We're still making progress, but it goes veeeeeery slow at the moment.  :-[

Our new main problem is: Our lead-animator hasn't got the time anymore to complete the last walk-animations of the remaining 2 characters.

So if there is anyone out there who can handle cartoon-animations in the "day of the tentacle style" - please let us know!  :-*

Great remake! I hope you all work wisely on the puzzles, as the Deluxe one had some fails as Ron Gilbert said (he played it and found a nice remake, but with that problem).

What about translating? I may help with Spanish translation :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'll be happy to help you out with those walk animations, MisterL.  Since a couple of the characters you use were taken right from my DoTT template it should be no problem!

Dr. Spengler

Could you post a Dr. Fred GIF or animation?

Gus

This looks amazing. You have already been offered, but let me know if you still need any help translating the game into spanish (from the english version) or proof-reading it.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Dr. Spengler on Mon 26/03/2012 04:58:59Could you post a Dr. Fred GIF or animation?

You have already asked this on several occasions.  And it has been replied to.

Quote from: Dr. Spengler on Sun 09/05/2010 22:40:46
Do you guys have any more Dr. Fred pics available, or maybe any new Nurse Edna pics from the game? Also, has Dr. Fred been fully animated, yet?

Quote from: Mister L on Mon 10/05/2010 20:28:50Well, Dr. Fred looks almost completly like in Dott. We changed the skincolor (back) to blue, the animation will also be the same.

Quote from: Dr. Spengler on Sat 13/11/2010 23:28:03How about a Dr. Fred image or animation?

Quote from: Mister L on Sun 14/11/2010 06:46:07The animation of Dr.Fred will be almost the same as in Dott. We only changed the face a bit (and the color of cause).  ;)

Will you please stop digging up this thread.  Your enthusiasm is admirable but for those of us waiting for word on this game it's annoying to see it show up on page 1 only to find out it's just another Dr. Spengler bump.  You aren't breaking the rules, so I'm not going all moderator here (other than trying to keep this thread less cluttered), I'm just asking!  See?  I asked it like 3 posts above;

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 05/03/2012 19:35:58Dr. Spengler ... How about sending a PM to the author next time or just let him/her update this thread it when they're ready to?

Pretty please?

Rocco

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk