Maniac Mansion - Dott-Style (still in business!)

Started by Mister L, Tue 03/11/2009 10:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue

Wow it looks awesome!

Try http://indiegamemusic.com/ if you're looking for a musician or music for the game.
Perhaps someone there can do DOTT music or is interested in a challenge :)

Dr. Spengler

Do you guys have any more Dr. Fred pics available, or maybe any new Nurse Edna pics from the game? Also, has Dr. Fred been fully animated, yet?

Mister L

Well, Dr. Fred looks almost completly like in Dott. We changed the skincolor (back) to blue, the animation will also be the same.
Here're some pictures of Edna (before we changed the skin):

Still nothing final.  ;)

Dr. Spengler

Have you contacted this inependant music website about the game, yet? I'm sure you'll find a musician, soon.

Monsieur OUXX

Frodo

doctorfargo

joelphilippage

Frodo

Guybrush Nosehair

This game's looking great. I'm a big LucasArts fan, but must admit that I never played Maniac Mansion (although I've played DOTT several times). This is going to be the first time I'll play Maniac Mansion! You guys really need to get a site up soon.

Green Suction Cup

Hey, I was browsing for Maniac Mansion pics and I caught this project you're working on.  KICK ASS!!!  It looks like it'd be a blast to play.  I have a question, though: Why did you chose to go with a darker shade of blue for the Edisons instead of their original cyan color?

I don't mean to be too hardcore a purist, but I colored the Edison DOTT sprites in their original colors and they looked cool.  I'm sure you've done the same and I'm curious as to what prompted you to go with a different shade of blue?

Mister L

Quote from: Green Suction Cup on Fri 28/05/2010 23:13:54
Why did you chose to go with a darker shade of blue for the Edisons instead of their original cyan color?

The answer is simple. It's the same color as in 'Maniac Mansion Deluxe'. We just got used to it.  8)

Dr. Spengler

Does anyone know why we always have to wait until the Dr. Fred/Sandy cutscene before we could go search through the kitchen without getting caught by Nurse Edna? Anyone know the deal behind that?

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: Mister L on Sat 29/05/2010 07:13:00
The answer is simple. It's the same color as in 'Maniac Mansion Deluxe'. We just got used to it.  8)

This game is going to MM Deluxe's ass! LucasFan has nothing on you!

Blackthorne

Quote from: grim107 on Mon 14/06/2010 16:51:47

This statement is humourous.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Mister L

Hey, we've great respect for LucasFan. Without ihm and his 'Maniac Mansion Mania'-project our team wouldn't have get together!

In fact we're a little sad, that he's no longer active in fanadventures.  :-[

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: Blackthorne on Mon 14/06/2010 19:57:18
Quote from: grim107 on Mon 14/06/2010 16:51:47

This statement is humourous.

Bt

I just noticed that. A prime of example of one of my slips. I'm not going to bother modifying it as it conveys my true feelings (I think?)

Mister L

Time for a quick update!

We've now found the final title of our game:

Maniac Mansion - Night of the Meteor

We're still very busy working on the objects and effects and our animator still has 3 of the 7 main-characters to complete.

But we'll do it - and when it's done, you'll get the game together with this cover:

Special thanks to Sara!  ;)

And, if there's a talented and willing musican out there, we still need someone for the soundtrack!  :D

Cyrus

Wow! You mean there will be physical copies of the game?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk