Maniac Mansion - Dott-Style (still in business!)

Started by Mister L, Tue 03/11/2009 10:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister L

No, that would be to expensive, but we'll upload a DVD-cover in high quality, so you can print it.  8)

Joseph DiPerla

MisterL I couldn't find it in this thread. But is there a website for the game?
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Mister L

A demo or teaser will come as soon as the main character-animations are done.  ;)

We've no website jet.  :-\
At the moment we put most of our spare time (which isn't too much) into the game-development.

You can meet us and other 'maniacs' here:

www.maniac-mansion-mania.com

theo

I gotta say, what you got so far looks awesome! I hope you find it rewarding enough to work with that you actually follow it through to the end. It looks incredibly promising.

Good luck with the animations. It is no doubt they that make DOTT stand out graphically.

Bòógieman

>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

Dr. Spengler

When the game is completed, will we have to buy it, or will be a free download?

Mister L

selmiak

Hehe, I like the idea. Even better than the 3d remake that is in progress right now :)

If you need a translator from german to english just let me know. I'd like to help out there ;)

TigerNightmare

Really excited about this!  I'm so glad I stumbled upon this while looking for the phantom speech pack for deluxe.

May I suggest creating two modes for the game?  One that has all the death and mayhem of the original plus a warning if the game becomes unwinnable and one without death and unwinnability.  I like the low frustration of the later deathless failure-free LucasArts games too, but death in the original Maniac Mansion is just too hilarious to leave out of the game, plus you could do something with a "ghost" kid or have the dead kid's stuff be transferred to his/her next of kid (or still be usable).  Just a suggestion. This sounds like it will be special either way.

Here's a list of all the deaths possible at least with the NES version that I can remember:
Drown in the radioactive pool
Open the microwave after heating up a jar of radioactive water
Explode Weird Ed's hamster and return it to him
Get Sid/Razor a record contract and show it to Green Tentacle
Enter the Meteor's room without a radiation suit
Forget to turn the power on/refill the pool
Push the red button
Fail to get rid of the Meteor on time
Play a tape of the tentacle mating call to Green Tentacle (what does he do to you?!)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: TigerNightmare on Fri 23/07/2010 07:36:33
May I suggest creating two modes for the game

I like the 2 modes, or the warnings, or the "try again". A definitive death is so frustrating.

Mister L

Quote from: TigerNightmare on Fri 23/07/2010 07:36:33
...or have the dead kid's stuff be transferred to his/her next of kid (or still be usable).  Just a suggestion.

In 'Maniac Mansion Deluxe' the stuff of the dead kids turned up in a parcel in front of the gravestone, free to be picked up.  8)

We decided not to use dead-ends or the death of characters, because our game is much longer, has more items, more puzzles and more solutions than the original game. Would be too frustrating to go thru all this just beause of a minor mistake at the beginning.  :-\

But we'll have 'near-dead' sequences. Instead of dying we'll show some cartoon violence.  ;D

And be assured, all of the orinigal death-scenes will show up (some way). ;)

Cyrus

Quote from: Mister L on Fri 23/07/2010 18:59:47

We decided not to use dead-ends or the death of characters, because our game is much longer, has more items, more puzzles and more solutions than the original game.
Will there be extra plotlines and endings?

Mister L

I don't want to spoil too much, but yes there will be extra plotlines and endings.  ;)

BiggerJ

In the original Maniac Mansion, every ending corresponded to one of the characters (Syd and Razor shared an ending, while Dave and Jeff don't have their own endings). How will the new endings be included? Will Dave and Jeff have their own endings? In fact, will Dave and Jeff actually have unique uses? And will Syd and Razor play differently to each other?

Mister L

Well, if I would tell you how the new endings will look like, I would spoil too much.  :-\
But yes, every character will have an unique ending and Syd and Razors tasks won't be the same any more.

We try to stay very close to the original but we want to give everyone a good reason to play the game with every possible team-constellation, even if they know Maniac Mansion inside out.
It'll be worth it, I promise!  ;D

Frodo

I'm very much looking forward to this game.   ;D

Do you plan to release a demo? 

TigerNightmare

Sounds fantastic.  This is gonna be big.  It's gonna be like on TV and stuff.  And I don't mean like that show with Joe Flaherty, bigger than that.

Green Suction Cup

Quote from: Mister L on Sat 29/05/2010 07:13:00
Quote from: Green Suction Cup on Fri 28/05/2010 23:13:54
Why did you chose to go with a darker shade of blue for the Edisons instead of their original cyan color?

The answer is simple. It's the same color as in 'Maniac Mansion Deluxe'. We just got used to it.  8)
Cool!  But wasn't the color they used for the Edisons in Maniac Mansion Deluxe cyan?  Cyan was also the color they used for them in the the original '89 PC game.  The color you're using for the Edisons looks like a light purple. :)

Mister L

Hmm, you're right. In the first release of Maniac Mansion Deluxe they used the color from the original '89 game. But in the later versions (1.3 or 1.4 I think) this light purple color was used.  8)

Have a look:
http://www.maniac-mansion-mania.com/index.php?option=com_docmanask=doc_download&gid=97

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk