Mythaumatology [Mature Content]

Started by , Sun 27/05/2012 15:23:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

We will see, whether gamers are adult enough for it and able to see more than just the nudity.   

And if you are already sure about that ...
Don't talk about it - do it!   

AnalogGuy

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 28/05/2012 22:12:29
We will see, whether gamers are adult enough for it and able to see more than just the nudity.

You stole my words! 

But since we have AGS games such as PISS and Nancy the happy whore, there's nothing wrong with such innocent nudity this time. (laugh)
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

LTGiants2000

Wow impressive, adding this to my "must play" list!

Ghost

Quote from: Anian on Mon 28/05/2012 21:52:59Needs more cowbell...and nudity. :grin: Game is looking cool and unusual.
Quote from: Tabata on Mon 28/05/2012 22:12:29We will see, whether gamers are adult enough for it and able to see more than just the nudity.

I really think they are, this thread shows it, and I am happy about that (former Bakers know I had my doubts). Fact is, there is nudity in the game because it has characters who have no reason to wear clothes. It's as simple as that- the game takes place in a forest inhabited by "savages": Mythological beasts kept seperated from civilized humans*. It's common these days to just quick-edit a loincloth over any naughty bits, but, to quote DualNames: "Don't change your vision, just do your thing."
____
* Plot element!

This day saw a couple of small detail work being wired in: Kee can now switch between several speech views to allow her to show more emotion, and I am warming up to Ali's SmoothScrolling module. It's pretty cool to have objects move a bit when walking around a larger scene- I think I'm going to keep it that way.

WHAM

We require more boobies! Boo-bi-es! Boo-bi-es! Boo-bi-es!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Tabata

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 29/05/2012 00:23:33
Quote from: Tabata on Mon 28/05/2012 22:12:29We will see, whether gamers are adult enough for it and able to see more than just the nudity.

I really think they are, this thread shows it, and I am happy about that ...
Quote from: WHAM on Thu 31/05/2012 11:18:53
We require more boobies! Boo-bi-es! Boo-bi-es! Boo-bi-es!
                         (... must be the reason why I feel that much at home here  :wink: )

But please don't forget the interesting and mystic tale that is to be discovered in this game.   ;-D

Kastchey

It's awesome news that this is back into production. The screenshots look beautiful!
QuoteKee can now switch between several speech views to allow her to show more emotion
Cool idea. It's fun to see how each of the screenshots in the main thread shows her with a different facial expression.

Ghost

Quote from: Ghost` on Sat 02/06/2012 21:17:56
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the game will be kept "in progress" but if given the chance I will remove all nudity. The reason being that there are so many nude games coming out. So keep checking and find out what will happen.

at Ghost' (aka SaneCo)
SaneCo, I had to check your profile to see who you are, but I don't think it is very funny! What do you think you're doing here? If you have to say something about the game, do NOT pretend to be me, and post your questions, concerns, crits or feedback here so that I have a chance to answer it. Using my avatar and name just to post about my game... well, that's not cool, it's assuming an identity to mislead. I am not cool about that.
I have reported that message because it really ticked me off.

Feel free to stop using my forum nickname, my avatar, and my signature anytime, or better yet, instantly.

edit:
Thanks, Darth.

Darth Mandarb

I have removed the offending post (so nobody gets confused about what Ghost is/was talking about!)

SaneCo - not cool, please do NOT do something like that again.

Ghost

Quote from: Kastchey on Fri 01/06/2012 00:36:16
It's awesome news that this is back into production. The screenshots look beautiful!
QuoteKee can now switch between several speech views to allow her to show more emotion
Cool idea. It's fun to see how each of the screenshots in the main thread shows her with a different facial expression.

I was always impressed by games that go the extra mile and add small inbetween animations to a speechview- Monkey2, Kyrandia, Simon, to name a few. Then we had The Forgotten Element where the team had a plugin written to make characters automatically do "emotional" stances and gestures. That really got me very exited and I've always wanted to give it a try. Mythaumatology focusses heavily on its main character and I think using extra expressions and stances make it easier for the player to relate to Kee. Not so sure how far I can push it; the sprites are relatively small and I can't do much with the eyes, but it's interesting indeed.

Sslaxx

It's a shame someone felt so offended by pixels representing nudity that they had to impersonate the creator like that. Whatever happened to "if you don't like something, don't look"?

Really do like the way that this looks thus far, Ghost. Nice style going on there with those graphics, going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Ubel

Looks fantastic! Getting to see those visuals in action oughta be reason enough to try this game. Looking forward to it!

m0ds

Looking very nice and traditional!

Kastchey

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 02/06/2012 23:23:37
Mythaumatology focusses heavily on its main character and I think using extra expressions and stances make it easier for the player to relate to Kee. Not so sure how far I can push it; the sprites are relatively small and I can't do much with the eyes, but it's interesting indeed.
Chance of the Dead had some neat facial expressions that added a lot to the overall enjoyability of the game, so if this is going to have even more of them, then I can't wait to see how it will turn out!

EchosofNezhyt

Any updates? Close ups or Videos?

:P In all seriousness hows it going?

Secret Fawful

Full cast of mythical breasts...I mean beasts, eh.

theo

Looks great! That moon is gorgeous in it's creepiness. I want to talk to it - what a brilliant character.

Ghost

Frito- No close-ups and no videos, but progress is steady. I'm getting quite good at drawing trees. Each location has them, and so I am trying to experiment a bit with texture and colours. Have a peek:

I have also polished up the interface a bit to make everything look nice and consistent; once all the tedious code is done I really want to put up a small "demo" to show off all the cool trees and a small puzzle. These are interesting times and I am happy to make games!

Secret Fawful: I see what you did there :P (and heck, that *would* be a cast to remember!)

theo: I never thought of that... but... ooooh idea!

Ponch

Looking good, Ghost. That moon still creeps me out and I think I know why now: It looks like Abraham Lincoln. Apparently when he got shot in the head, he became the moon. I never suspected such a thing was possible, but it certainly makes sense in hindsight! I hope Elvis Presley became a tree. Also, for some reason, the blue M in the corner made me think of the old Netscape Navigator.

I look forward to many more naked screenshots from your game.  8-)

EchosofNezhyt

Looks awesome, I figured the moon might be a character.
Also a demo thing would be cool.

Only one thing though is I think the nudity takes away more then it adds imo its kinda distracting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk