Neofeud

Started by SilverSpook, Sun 05/10/2014 23:09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

This is getting better and better  ;-D

SilverSpook

@Blondbraid: I feel this way also.  I used to think games were just getting crappier, but now I realize I just have a harder time playing games where you basically go around killing everything to make yourself cooler.  Especially if you go around killing everyone for loot, and then the game asks you to take the story seriously.  That's one of the reasons I switched to AGS.

@AnasAbdin: Haha, yeah the ex-terminator guy is somewhere in this thread if you know where to look. ;)

@selmiak: :D

NickyNyce

I did notice that the prosthetic leg is on his right side, but the earlier picture shows it on his left leg. I'm guessing you flipped the picture, but thought I would let you know.

Tester status increases by +1. ;)

Looking great, keep up the good work.

SilverSpook

Thanks, and nice bug catch!  But I need to save some material for the blooper reel / dev commentary dub which you can only get by PRE-ORDERING NEOFEUD NOW, AND GET THE BRUCE WILLIS 5TH ELEMENT CUSTOMIZATION PACK AS WELL AS A SEASON PASS TO ALL NEOFEUD SHORT FICTION AND GRAPHIC NOVELIZATIONS! 

But seriously, thinking about it now I should probably sell some kind of Neofeudal stocking stuffer to raise money to pay for rent after Christmas shopping fragged my bank account.

morganw

I'll pre-order right now if I can get an exclusive version where everyone's legs are the wrong way around and I have to buy DLC to flip them back to normal.
Seriously though, your game looks pretty cool and very unique. I would like to think people would be interested enough to make a small contribution when they get to play something they have enjoyed and the level of effort was obviously high.

selmiak

Quote from: SilverSpook on Fri 11/12/2015 21:25:46
But I need to save some material for the blooper reel / dev commentary dub which you can only get by PRE-ORDERING NEOFEUD NOW, AND GET THE BRUCE WILLIS 5TH ELEMENT CUSTOMIZATION PACK AS WELL AS A SEASON PASS TO ALL NEOFEUD SHORT FICTION AND GRAPHIC NOVELIZATIONS! 

I did read that as a you'll add MULTIPASS(es) to the game. ;-D

if you need another betatester (now or in the future) I'll sure help you!

SilverSpook

Thanks morganw! 

@Selmiak: Thanks for the offer, I will be needing some betatesters sometime soon so yeah I'll keep you in mind!

SilverSpook

(Click for full size)

Ahhh, girl look at that body.  Where did the sun go?

Oh, right, it's a cyberpunk dystopia.  Stupid question.

AnasAbdin

Wow 8-0
may I suggest using smaller sized screenshots and gifs?
For mobile browsing 8-) :P

SilverSpook

Eat your emo, tantrum-throwing Jedi heart out, Kylo Ren. 

No, I did not just go watch The Force Awakens and become miraculously inspired to mock up gratuitously detailed splash images of the Neofeud Nemesis.

Neofeud is basically Star Wars with less fantasy, more grit anyway.  Princes and Princesses and homeless robots living in shipping containers.

Fitz

There's always so much going on in your artworks. To me the character looks like Red Hood in his upper half (the leather jacket and a featureless mask) and Batman in the bottom half (the raincoat even looks a bit like a cape).

SilverSpook

Thanks for the input, Fitz.  I did end up thinking he had kind of a Rorschach look going on.  This particular character needed to be incognito, although not for vigilante justice-serving or such. 

The symbol on the face is actually supposed to be the Hebrew/Aramaic character "aleph" which is also the activating / deactivating keystone of the "Golem", the animated creature made from inanimate material in Hebrew mythology.  The character also resembles the olde-English (feudal) font version of the letter "N", for Neofeud.  I have to stop there or risk mass spoilerfication.

SilverSpook

Late-stage wrist arthritis from Doom binge, and I need to Stylus-Photoshop two backgrounds and a walkcycle in 36 hours. #gamedev thuglife.

SilverSpook

Novus Ordo Seclorum. 

Posthumanity will be feudal.

(Click for super-large image)

Fitz

A crowned figure and circuits shaped like deer horns... The King in Yellow?

AnasAbdin

I can't imagine the game. I demand a short gameplay video (laugh)
I REALLY love this.

Blondbraid

Looks beautiful and terrifying at the same time! 8-0
The main antagonist of the game?

selmiak

This is so wow! :-D 8-0

Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 28/12/2015 21:34:41
The main antagonist of the game?
maybe? Hopefully not, then it gets even better :-D

SilverSpook

@Fitz: Perhaps!  Or perhaps not!  Only time and gameplay will tell. :)

@AnasAbdin: Thanks :)  I don't want to spoiler you guys too much but perhaps I'll do a little sample at some point :)  There are a lot of cyberpunk/dystopic/sci-fi adventure games out there so I'm trying to create something unique and niche in the point-n-click world by going ultra-hi-res and telling the story, communicating the world through a lot of the details themselves, and less through dialog, descriptions, emails, and the like.  Because usually you'd have a pixel-art game -- which is a beautiful art in and of itself -- but you do need to fill in a lot of the blanks as to what the "texture" of the world actually feels like, and it's hard to get in little details like the rust and grime and dents on a prosthetic limb, the esoteric runes imprinted on a chair, and generally the secret histories of objects and the environment itself. 

At least I hope it will be unique and fun.  We'll see!

@Blondbraid: Thanks, that is the effect I was going for!  Is it the antagonist?  I really cannot say at this point or it would ruin the story :)  Let's just say there's a little bit of Deus Ex in there.  The Illuminati may or may not be involved. :)

@Selmiak: Exactly!  And I'm glad you like it :) 

SilverSpook

Animation for underclass single-mom robot. Also preggers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk