Picaroon - The Lost Years - Part 1: Mysteries of the deep

Started by Electroshokker, Sun 11/09/2005 18:14:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Secret Fawful

It's even better than before! Great job redoing the backgrounds storyteller.  ;D

Electroshokker

Quote from: Fawfulhasfury on Tue 20/09/2005 16:58:49
It's even better than before! Great job redoing the backgrounds storyteller.  ;D

That was nothing. The new ones that we're working on are MUCH better.

Electroshokker

First off: sorry for double posting, but it's been a while and there are updates, so I thought I'd bump it up. (I've edited the opening post too)

Second: yes, after all this time there's still no finished demo of part 1.

Main Reason: we've got precisely 1 person working on the backgrounds, and since we want them to look really great it takes a lot of time.

That being said, everything else of part 1 IS finished, so as soon as the backgrounds are finished it'll be released.

Further, parts 2 upto 4 have seen a lot of progress story/puzzle-wise, so basically it's gonna be a question of when will those backgrounds be completed too.

=> so should anyone want to help out with backgrounds...

But just check out our forums, and you'll know a lot more.

splat44

Storyteller,

Thank you for showing progress report.

I don't think voices are important. But it up to you.

Good luck in finishing series.

Electroshokker

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 31/10/2005 12:00:01
Storyteller,

Thank you for showing progress report.

I don't think voices are important. But it up to you.

Good luck in finishing series.

1) No prob (it was about time too)
2) voices will be added, but aren't priority n°1
3) this game won't finish the series, this is in no way MI5.

We're all still hoping LEC will see the light and produce an official sequel to properly finish the series. (that and the legal issues)

(and besides, our game will feature a choice-dependent ending, with 2 possible outcomes, both making you interested in what would happen next...)

splat44

Storyteller,

What is LEC?

I presume it is the original owners and I mean the ones who owns copy rights.

In the event that LEC doesn't see the light by producing series, don't let it stops you in producing however!

The classical example: What VU did to KingIX.

Regards

Gilbert

Electroshokker

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Tue 01/11/2005 07:22:36
Lucasart Entertainment Company I presume...

indeed

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 01/11/2005 07:19:33
In the event that LEC doesn't see the light by producing series, don't let it stops you in producing however!

The classical example: What VU did to KingIX.

LEC has been very lenient to MI fangames in the past (and fanventures in general, they even made a deal with star wars fans so they could produce their own movies)

so we have good hopes of finishing the game. In the event they should ask us to stop using the MI name we're gonna rework the names, etc. (we could add parody elements (hell, there are parody elements in there already), and then we'd fall under the parody laws)

since we're using our own graphics style and originally remixed monkey themed music (we don't use anything directly from CMI or the other MI games no more), we could also turn our game around and make an entirely new one out of it.

But we'll cross that bridge should we ever come to it.

splat44

Storyteller,

Thank you for your reassurance.

Cheers

Electroshokker

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 01/11/2005 08:34:54
Storyteller,

Thank you for your reassurance.

Cheers

Sure, no problem.

by the way, I uploaded something new today: our very own redone Guybrush look. You can check it out at the website, or at the screenshots in the first post here.

note: we might change his look a bit as to make him look a little less skinny.

Mats Berglinn

Quotenote: we might change his look a bit as to make him look a little less skinny.

I hope that will make him also having bigger feet since Guybrush has redicoulusly small feet in MI3 compaired with the other three games where he had "normal" feet. Sure Guybrush wears shoes or boots in the others but in MI4 after being moroned on Monkey Island (Is that actually a spoiler because the game IS called "Escape from Monkey Island", which does hint that it will happen somewhere, like in J.R.R Tolkien's "The Return of the King"?), he's barefeet and they're not so small as in MI3.

And also... (possibly big spoiler risk)

Spoiler
If LeChuck is going to come back (which he does in every other game so far) and if he will be able to use the zombie form, then PLEASE don't follow MI4's horrible look for him because I hated and still hate that style for LeChuck's zombie form, especially compaired with his zombie form in MI3 which is great. Pretty please with lots of sugar and cream on the top, don't do that!
[close]

Electroshokker

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Tue 01/11/2005 18:27:40
Quotenote: we might change his look a bit as to make him look a little less skinny.

I hope that will make him also having bigger feet since Guybrush has redicoulusly small feet in MI3 compaired with the other three games where he had "normal" feet.

We're currently deciding on the new look (do we want him smaller, less skinny, ...)

check out the first post here and tell me if his feet are big enough for you. (he's wearing boots)

and I'll take whatever you think on that into consideration

if you want to have a vote: the poll (it'll be closed after a month)

as for the hidden request:

Spoiler
LeChuck will be in ALL forms he's ever been in (though not switching like in EMI, in enhanced CMI style, with the addition of his human form...
Oh, and he won't be the evil running the show... that's someone else's job. LC's lost most of his powers...
[close]

Secret Fawful

Ah, those screens are awesome, I love the character sprite a lot. =D Great job storyteller. =D

Babar

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: storyteller on Tue 01/11/2005 19:49:43
Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Tue 01/11/2005 18:27:40

I hope that will make him also having bigger feet since Guybrush has redicoulusly small feet in MI3 compaired with the other three games where he had "normal" feet.

We're currently deciding on the new look (do we want him smaller, less skinny, ...)

check out the first post here and tell me if his feet are big enough for you. (he's wearing boots)

and I'll take whatever you think on that into consideration

if you want to have a vote: the poll (it'll be closed after a month)

as for the hidden request:

Spoiler
LeChuck will be in ALL forms he's ever been in (though not switching like in EMI, in enhanced CMI style, with the addition of his human form...
Oh, and he won't be the evil running the show... that's someone else's job. LC's lost most of his powers...
[close]

Well, the feet looks not so small as in MI3 but maybe slightly bigger would be better. If you ask me I think that he should have a different outfit and get rid of the beard. One of the things I didn't like about MI2 was that he has a beard because it doesn't suit him. Maybe if you would remake MI2 you could have that sprite but not in a fansequel.

And about LeChuck...

Spoiler
If he's not the actual villian like the previous games, then maybe he is going to have problem with the actual villian and have to cooperate with Guybrush in order to rid of the other villian. Seems a little bit like when Bowser "helps" Mario in Super Mario RPG or in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. I have been thinking sometimes "What if LeChuck have to help Guybrush and be his temporary ally?" and though that would be an intresting concept.
[close]

Electroshokker

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Wed 02/11/2005 07:40:19
Well, the feet looks not so small as in MI3 but maybe slightly bigger would be better. If you ask me I think that he should have a different outfit and get rid of the beard. One of the things I didn't like about MI2 was that he has a beard because it doesn't suit him. Maybe if you would remake MI2 you could have that sprite but not in a fansequel.

A slightly bigger version of the boots is already in the make (as that comment has been made more then once), but as for the outfit change and beard removal: It was hard enough to get him into that outfit in the first place, and so far everybody seems to like the new look. If you want further changes, you'll have to convince the majority (here) and either sign up as a developer and remake the +- 120 Guybrush frames yourself or find someone else to do so. (Hey, be my guest!)

And about LeChuck... We already had similar plans... (If you check out the progress status you'll note that the story is the one thing that's developing fastest)

*WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER*

Spoiler
In part 2, Guybrush and LeChuck get both tricked into a voodoo-curse, which binds them together for (almost) the entire game. Part 3 ain't called 'Brotherly Love' for nothing...
[close]

Darth Mandarb

This is getting a little out of hand ...

Please take all further discussions/revisions of the sprite into the Critics Lounge!

Keep on talking about the game ... but take the art work revisions into the CL please, thanks (or PMs if you don't feel like starting a thread in the CL).

PM me if you have any questions!

Scummbuddy

Did you ask Paco Vink if you could use his Crackers and Guybrush images on your website?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Electroshokker

please post all further artwork discussions on this game here

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Thu 03/11/2005 16:19:35
Did you ask Paco Vink if you could use his Crackers and Guybrush images on your website?

See the same link.

(short version: no, I made a rookie mistake when building and publishing the website)

Latest news:

In order to prevent further mistakes such as this, everything is now under wraps 'till we're further along with the production. The current working title is no longer Return To Monkey Island (again), but RMI untill further notice.

We want to be able to finish our game, so we're considering major changes (maybe even altering everything and turning it into a new game)

stee-v-boy

Hi there. Project looks good - I'm probably being thick but is there a demo? If so where is it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk