Resonance

Started by Vince Twelve, Fri 04/04/2008 13:12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

Disco: I'll only be living here for another four months, then it's back to the other side of the world (but making sure to stay as far away from those dirty Europeans as possible!)

Dixon: You made a very valid point about using a laptop, so so today I programmed in a Laptop Mode option. 

If you play in normal mode you have to click and drag to use inventory items or mess with your STM.  If you play in the new laptop mode, you just hold down the left mouse button for a second until you pick it up.  The icon will then lock to your cursor and you can let go of the mouse button.  Click again to drop it.  It should make playing on a laptop much easier!  Thanks for the idea!

Everybody else: Thanks for the encouragement and kind words.  I'm doing my best to make sure that it's a fine game and that you actually get to play it this century!  :P

Dixon

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Thu 10/04/2008 06:28:27
Dixon: You made a very valid point about using a laptop, so so today I programmed in a Laptop Mode option. 

Amazing support, and I havn't even bought the game yet! ;D

CosmoQueen

This game looks so incredible I don't even know what to say about it.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

i k a r i

I already want to pre-order.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Vince Twelve

Quote from: Dixon on Thu 10/04/2008 10:42:08
Amazing support, and I havn't even bought the game yet! ;D

Well, you had better buy it now, or I'm taking those 20 lines of code out!  :P

i k a r i: You can just stick some cash in an envelope and send it to me.  Actually, you'd better split it up and send some percentages to the other team members, too, because they're not getting paid enough for what they're doing!

ThreeOhFour

With regards to the laptop mode:

It really, really impresses me when somebody says "Oh, this could be a problem" and instead of saying "Well.... 95% of players will be using a mouse so I won't worry about this" or whatever, the developer instead takes the time to program in a function to solve the problem, whether minimal or not.

Very encouraging to see this level of commitment here, and what a fantastic attitude to apply to game design :).

bicilotti

Quote from: Ben304 on Fri 11/04/2008 11:39:43
With regards to the laptop mode:

It really, really impresses me when somebody says "Oh, this could be a problem" and instead of saying "Well.... 95% of players will be using a mouse so I won't worry about this" or whatever, the developer instead takes the time to program in a function to solve the problem, whether minimal or not.

Very encouraging to see this level of commitment here, and what a fantastic attitude to apply to game design :).

Second. Great attitude!

dirk delshire

Excellent system guys! This game could be the next game in my most beloved adventure games right up there with KQ VI, Myst, Dreamfall, Torrin's Passage, Syberia and Fahrenheit. Here's hoping the story lives up to my high expectations.
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

The Ivy

I don't have much to add beyond what I've told you on your website and on IM, but damn, that game looks fine.  ;)

Gregjazz

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I love you guys.

Vince Twelve

Lazily copied from the blog, an update!

I’d like to formally welcome the newest member of the Resonance team, Marina “MashPotato” Siu-Chong, who is going to be creating some close up portraits for use during some cutscenes and also for promotional purposes!

And to make up for the long period between updates, here’s a work-in-progress of Ed who has just seen something surprising. Perhaps a leprechaun!

GarageGothic

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Thu 29/05/2008 01:57:55here’s a work-in-progress of Ed who has just seen something surprising. Perhaps a leprechaun!

Oh my, does that mean he has to suck Cartman's balls?

Looks great, Vince! It reminds me a bit of Dan Lee's drawing style. Are these cutscenes going to be animated or just stills?
I was starting to wonder when we were gonna see another blog update. Thanks for keeping us informed.

JuuJuu

Beautiful...

edit by darth - no need to quote the image directly above!

ThreeOhFour

YES :D

Seriously, YES!

auriond

This is the BEST news!  :D

MashPotato

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be part of the team! :)

Alarconte

"Jesucristo" was the first I thougth when i looked the images xD The second was "Me cago en la puta" xD

Really gorgeus, Worth pay to play, oh yes. I readed the blogs, watch the video, and this game has gonna to to break all the favourit AGS games list of most players.

go on!
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

SuperDre

OMG, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the screenshots.. this is absolutely amazing especially for the low resolution.. man, if this plays just as good as it looks, it is as sure favorite for many people...

Hope to be able to play it soon.. at least, good luck, and thanx for sharing it with us.. ;)

IndieBoy

Oh man, I am so excited about this game I think I might wet myself..
Sounds, looks AMAZING! Also the unique short term/long term memory thing, unreal! I cannot wait, seriously!
Good luck with the project guys, I really want to play this game ;D
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

m0ds

Let's see if you can piss on Yahtzee's AGS award domination this year. I think its a good time, he seems overly busy with taking over the internet ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk