Rise of the Hidden Sun - New Artwork - November 26, 2012 - "Off the Rails!"

Started by chapter11studios, Sun 06/05/2007 18:21:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Weirdly enough I was laying in bed last night, thinking about stuff, and I wondered what ever happened to this game. Crazy.

Good to see, good to see.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Good luck with this.  I'm glad you took my advice on redrawing the characters rather than using concept art!

chapter11studios

Quote from: ankushm999 on Wed 30/05/2007 20:59:29
What is the status of this game now  ???

I believe the phrase "full steam ahead" applies! We're making massive progress daily now. It's a VERY exciting time.  ;D

i k a r i

I'm sorry to make this post but:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Well I'll add something else:

I'm glad you guys are back in the saddle  ;D
It was kind of weird and scary (???) but I used to check the web once a week because I always had hope.

Is the team still lacking much people?,  the "help wanted" part of the web made me think that.

The best of lucks
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

chapter11studios

QuoteIs the team still lacking much people? The "help wanted" part of the web made me think that.

Well, I'm always looking for more help! But currently we have some truly topnotch animators going full-speed on episode one, and everything else is kind of taking care of itself now, too. Things are looking very good. Worry not!

chapter11studios

*snip - removing outdated artwork*

CodeJunkie

Nice clean look, and nice to see progress updates :).  Although this isn't the CL, I'd suggest moving the front brim of the hat up a couple of pixels, it looks like the brim is swallowing her head right now, and a pain to see through.  If this one is compared to the sprites in the first post, I much prefer this one.  Judging by the smoothness of the backgrounds this will fit in better.

i k a r i

Does this mean Jake's sprite wont look like the one on the screenshots?
And the animations progress for him are back at zero?  ???

By the way that sprite looks awesome, but you already knew that  ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

chapter11studios

QuoteDoes this mean Jake's sprite wont look like the one on the screenshots?

He will not look the like character in the current screenshots. He will look a lot more like the original design, only with a few tweaks that I feel are important to help establish the kind of character he is.

QuoteAnd the animations progress for him are back at zero?

Jake's eight-direction walk cycle is basically done, and now we're working on some of the basic in-game animations like picking up an object, shooting his gun, etc. I'm saving the unveiling of the final version of his sprite for the next Adventure Architect column over at Adventure Gamers, though.  ;D

i k a r i

So the Adventure Architect is back too?  ;D Great.

I have to say the old sprite of Jake was a lot better for me, so I like the fact you made him again, if I'm not mistaken I think the changes you're going to do to his sprite are to make him look more agressive and sarcastic, cause he looks like an extremely nice guy in the poster, and like a badass in the new cartoony style, anyway, back to waiting.  ;D
Nacho speaking of Bush.

chapter11studios

*snip - removing outdated artwork*

Peder 🚀

Damn, that looks pretty AWESOME!

You have really made those 2 backgrounds into one brilliant background.
Also that cactus is sweet :P.
Bullet holes maybe?

Mordalles

wow, looks amazing! i just read your adventure architect, and must say you seem to know what you are doing! add to that this amazing artwork, and this is one game i really can't wait to play.  ;D inspiring stuff.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Ghost

The revamped version looks almost too good to be true. For this level of quality, I'd happily wait another, well... well I'd just patiently wait until it's done. Amazing stuff, really.
Also, as a long time lurker of the AA articles, it's nice to see the "second biggest signpost" (  ;) ) again.

chapter11studios

QuoteAlso, as a long time lurker of the AA articles, it's nice to see the "second biggest signpost" again.

I had no idea so many people actually read the AA series! That's really awesome. :o

For those who don't know what Ghost is referring to, here's a shot of the same scene at an earlier point in production. I can't believe how much Jake has changed. Also, at least I've learned my lesson about a) properly sizing objects to characters, and b) not using those hideous dark outlines on character sprites...

CosmoQueen

I love the Sierra-type games! Those screen shots look like something from out of a Disney movie. Absolutely perfect in every way ;D I'm so anxious to play this game!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

chapter11studios

Here's the new Rattlesnake Jake theme music, which will accompany the intro/options screen when the game loads. I was looking for "Indiana Jones, but funnier and more cowboy-ish."

I think the composer, Jesse Hopkins, nailed it!

http://www.rattlesnakejake.com/rattlesnake_jake_theme.mp3 (5 MB download)

Nikolas

Very nice theme! He, indeed nailed it! Tell him well done from me :D

and while I'm at it, this game looks amazing! I just hope that you will finish it someday so we can get to play it!

deadsuperhero

Out of curiousity, will this game have voice acting?
I would love to try out for one of the characters!
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk