Solus Ascending

Started by ManicMatt, Tue 04/06/2024 21:08:06

Previous topic - Next topic

ManicMatt

Solus Ascending is a traditional point and click adventure game using an inventory system and logical puzzles. You play as Sandeep Patel, a man who is good with electronics, and makes a living from repairing people's equipment. Recently there have been tremors, and the government claims they are earthquakes. But Sandeep isn't convinced, and suspects other goings on are also suspicious. Sandeep sets on a mission to find out what's really going on, and will set off a chain of events that will shock the general population to the core.

It is extremely early days with this game's progress, but I wanted to see if there's interest in this title as a commercial release, before continuing work on it.

Serious crimes are met with the death penalty.

From the creator of..

heltenjon

Well, I got Detective Boiled-Hard and was happy with it, even tried to nominate it for the one-man voice show.  :-D  The premise for the new game world looks interesting, too.

ManicMatt

Haha "one man voice show"! Thanks, it was strong competition that year as well! I doubt I could get away with that on this new game!

CaptainD

Does the title indicate a parody of Jupiter Ascending, or is that just coincidence?

Your previous games have been fun so hope you find time / motivation to make this one!

ManicMatt

I forgot about that film, and it's on my shelf!

Thanks, me too..

Kastchey

I can never get enough of games placed in dystopian post-apocalyptic worlds, and this handful of screenshots shows some really in-depth, intricate worldbuilding. I love this. Fingers crossed for a finished product one day!

Yanek_Crispbread

I really like the look of this, interesting premise and retro dystopia vibe, very nice!
Correlation is not causation.

ManicMatt

Thank you both! I've took some time to work on a "what if Red Dwarf was a point and click adventure game?" image/video, and the background I chose is so heavily detailed it's taken some time, but I think I can apply these sort of extra mega detail techniques to my backgrounds. Although, it took a long time to do the background for their living quarters.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk