The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

lemmy101

Nope, it was hand-animated :)

Cheers!

L&B

FrancoFranchi

Wow - I just read this thread back in the old posts - and now an update :D

Awesome graphics + compelling storyline = me in eager anticipation!

auriond

This looks absolutely gorgeous, storyline and all! Eagerly awaiting each new update. :)

TastyCrisp

Been keeping an eye on this for well...forever now :D Looks fantastic...was really interested in seeing if the animation would be to the standard of the artwork and well...I think it's fantastic :D I haven't seen stuff this good for years. Love hand drawn animation, always gives more character and little details...

Seriously...im drooling *wipes chin* and I can't wait for more updates and to eventually get hold of this!

Keep up the fantastic work
http://killabunnies.photofools.com - Art,Wallpapers and Profilioish stuff..oh and Killa Bunnies!

floorboards

The graphics/animation on this look absolutely brilliant. (Even if the main character is a little too obviously aimed squarely at the hearts and er... minds? of teenage boys everywhere).

I'd go so far as to say that the graphical quality is easily up there with the best professional pixelated games. As long as the gameplay, puzzles and writing live up to what you're doing with the art, this is going to be incredible.

(No pressure, obviously.... ;))

Da_Elf

then call me a 31 year old teen cuz im loving it (:

Nikolas

I'm not sure I can be objective enough, as I'm part of the development team but:

The grachpis, that I've seen (and I've seen everything, including animations and other stuff), look amazing. I'm stunned by the graphics!

Also the gameplay and puzzles are very well thought out and completly logical. Story is brilliant, and enough to reach 3 episodes (remember that this is just a prologue, not even a 1st episode, but should last for more than an hour, if you know what you're doing, with a walkthrough).

Music wise (brrrr...) I'm trying my best, and hopefull in Januray, should have something to show off as well :D. 2007 is the year that The Forgotten Element will be released (and I'm not talking about December 2007... but earlier...)

:)

TastyCrisp

Quote from: Nikolas on Thu 04/01/2007 11:23:562007 is the year that The Forgotten Element will be released (and I'm not talking about December 2007... but earlier...)

November?  :o
http://killabunnies.photofools.com - Art,Wallpapers and Profilioish stuff..oh and Killa Bunnies!

CaptainBinky

:D

Although it's tempting to give a more specific date, given how outrageously wrong we were about the whole Prologue-out-before-end-of-2006 thing we figured we'd just keep our mouths shut this time :p

Cap'n Binky

A Lemmy & Binky Production

i k a r i

Saying you were "outrageously wrong" only means we'll have to wait 3 or 4 months  :(..or even more..:-[
Anyway, it'll be worthy  ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

lemmy101

One thing to remember is doing this game is of extreme importance to us. You can rest assured that although the amount of work is quite massive... it WILL be done eventally. Though that also means we'll only release it when we're 100% happy (and we're often quite hard to please ;))

Also something to bear in mind is that the prologue has a lot of art assets that also appear in the other acts, so although the prologue has taken about a year thus far, we're effectively completing a fair chunk of stuff that's needed for the following acts, not least of all the plug-ins and tools we've written for it. We see Acts I - III, whilst each being longer than the prologue, taking less time than the prologue to do.

floorboards

Quote from: Nikolas on Thu 04/01/2007 11:23:56
Also the gameplay and puzzles are very well thought out and completly logical. Story is brilliant, and enough to reach 3 episodes (remember that this is just a prologue, not even a 1st episode, but should last for more than an hour, if you know what you're doing, with a walkthrough).

2007 is the year that The Forgotten Element will be released (and I'm not talking about December 2007... but earlier...)

:)

The more I hear about this game, the more I anticipate it! The quality of AGS games just gets better and better.

Nikolas

Hello AGS!  :D

I'm here to give you a small preview of the music for The Forgotten Element, in the form of a single track from the soundtrack. :)

So please click/download/listen and enjoy the track with the ingenious name "The Forgotten Element" (or TFE for short)!

The Forgotten Element (<-Click here!)

The forgotten Element.

I can feel the tress shedding their leaves
I see their tears fall...
The shadowed vines creep through our mind.
As memories slowly fade and die.

And yet there's no reply...

Dark skies, but still we dream of gleaming trees.
Our thoughts; Sacrifices to a parasite
How could we forget that sight?

When the skies closed their eyes.
I've been waiting to cry.

The trees of light stand now bare,
their leaves all shed.
bitterness...
Greys and Browns intensified.
Our spirits?
washed with the sterile rain

And the skies closed their eyes,

Soprano voice by Sofia Zarani
Music, Orchestration, Production by Nikolas
Lyrics By Lemmy and Binky with tiny adaptations by Nikolas
Voice Recordings by Studio Victory, Athens

Me and Sofia, while listening back to the track                         Me and my engineer

Peder 🚀

WOW!

AWESOME!

It really looks like this game is gonna be one of the best AGS games ever!
I just have to play this game when it comes out!

Also, is there a way to give you guys some money support?

Also I havent noticed yet (though I been a bit lazy lately so havent checked in on games I looking forward to that much) any website?
(only a forum)

Do you have a website?

Peder.

SSH

It's a little... sophisticated* for my tastes, although I suspect it goes better in the soundtrack than stand-alone. Perhpas you should add a techno-drumtrack? ;)

* Deliberately discordant, in parts

lemmy101

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Wed 17/01/2007 16:58:35
WOW!

AWESOME!

It really looks like this game is gonna be one of the best AGS games ever!
I just have to play this game when it comes out!

Also, is there a way to give you guys some money support?

Also I havent noticed yet (though I been a bit lazy lately so havent checked in on games I looking forward to that much) any website?
(only a forum)

Do you have a website?

Peder.

Well...thanks! :D we were thinking of adding a donate button onto the L&B site when we release the prologue, obviously we'd share anything we got with Nikolas. We've long ago realised our game would be a shadow of itself without the the music Nikolas has given us so far. Can only imagine how much the music will have driven the game by the end ;)

PS: Our sites:
http://nikolas-sideris.com
http://lemmyandbinky.blogspot.com

We've yet to make a super official Forgotten Element website :D too busy on the game. But will have one done for the prologue's release.

Cheers!

L&B

Peder 🚀

Thanks for the links!

And I guess there is no point in hurrying with a "super official" website!
It is the game that is important! :P.

Nikolas

Ok

Some more info for the games music.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, that it will be interactive. Simply meaning: You move to a dangerous spot, music changes[/b] to spooky. Go back to safety, music switches[/b] back to normal.

Playing normally, will never give you the opportunity to listen a whole track at once. it will be changed a few times, here and there.

;)

Site...

At the moment the game is being kindly hosted at www.cgempire.com . there is a forum for The Forgotten Element. some info are there

Da_Elf

very nice melody and everything the only thing i had a problem with was the reverb on the voice. i couldnt understand what she was saying it was so much. kinda sounded like she was recoded in a large open room

Nikolas

Thanks Da_Elf.

Sofia, is singing in a classical method in that song, and actual rather baroque like, so even without the reverb it would be difficult to make out the lyrics... :-/ it's the nature of the classical singers...

On the reverb itself, I do know it sounds a lot, but keep in mind, that she's in a concert hall along with a full orchestra of +70 players... ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk