The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainBinky

Hello chaps!

One of the things me and Lemmy have discussed would be doing a snazzy boxed version of the complete game - with the actual game on it, the assets which we'll be giving away, our tool set (AGX and such like), and (with Nikolas' consent) an audio CD of the music. Since the game, assets, and tools are all free, all it would cost is the actual production costs of the box and CDs. So it'd be pretty cheap. :)

If I could get some tutorials together, then I'd be happy to include them... although to be honest, having the assets to muck around with as well as all the tutorial resources already floating around on the interweb I'm not sure how necessary it is that we make our own equivalents.

However, that's waaaaaaay down the line. Gotta finish all three acts and the prologue first ;)

Cheers for the feeback!

CB

A Lemmy & Binky Production

thewalrus

Sounds really interesting. I like having games that come complete with box, cd-case, cd, map, music cd, manual, etc, etc..... Good luck on getting that proluge rolling out sometime in the not so distant future........
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

calacver

When will this game be finished?  :'(

lemmy101

As soon as possible :'( we don't want to set a date until we know for sure. We're still trying for this year for the prologue. The end is certainly a lot closer than the start. :) Beyond this we wouldn't like to say. ASAP.

In other news, we've just recruited the wonderful Mai from CGEmpire as a writer. We know she'll add a lot to the dialogue in the game and will speed up development a great deal.

Yay!

lemmy

PS: Thanks thewalrus! :)

ankushm999

Well this shows promise..
good storyline + a chick with a small shirt = happy larry  :=

Ariadne

Judging from the screenshot, the "forgotten element" is obviously the bra! ;D
Anyway, I am really looking forward to this game! The graphics look great, the story is intriguing and the soundtrack ... I think Nikolas is doing miracles again! I am looking forward to this game, although I must also protest against the degradation of women!  ;)

Nikolas

Ariadne,

cheers for the kind words (and everyone else of course).

Because I'm from the inside I can tell you that, by all means, large breasts in this case mean nothing like what you think really. Additionally the fact that the new dialogue scipter (Mai from CGEmpire) is a female, should speak alone... ;)

Either way thanks guys...

On the music part:

I've had plenty of things on my plate lately (=past few months), thus I haven't done anything for TFE... (but the single with Sophia is not the latest track I did ;)). Furthermore the things I've asked lemmy to do are something on the difficult side of things (brrrrr). But he wants me happy ;D, what can I say really. :)

I really hope that production will speed up really soon. :)

Dualnames

I was listening to the soundtrack of the game and I was wondering who wrote this sh*% and I saw it was you Nikolas. Just kidding of course

* crowd puts stone down

I loved the music very good and atmosferic though can't tell if it will be right for the game, but i guess you know that. That reminds me of an experience I had...

*crowd picks up stone and ManicMatt takes the first hit.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

WHAM

Graphics: WOWZERS! (Sweet mother of mammaries! They're huge!!!)

You've got a really professional looking game coming up here. The characters are animated nicely and they fit in with the backgrounds, unlike so many other projects in this forum. Great work here.

Story: Nothing too new or amazing on the story part, but its a background story for a game, its not meant to be amazing. Its what happens in the game, and how well the game sucks its player into playing, what counts. You have a great thing going on in here, and I cant wait to get playing this one.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

SinSin

Indeed Great work with the game so far guys
The Graphics are fantastic  :o  30,000 DD can't be bad
    Cant wait til its out

Sin
Currently working on a project!

Regun

Im hoping great things dor this game!!!

lemmy101

Thanks for the kind words guys, we're still hammering away at it and hoping for a 2007 release of the prologue. We've recently recruited a talented writer to help with dialogue scripting, and a very experienced sprite artist from CGEmpire so hopefully they will speed things up a great deal.

Yay for speed! :)

Thank you all for your interest, it really does keep us going :D

Retroid

Well, this was an interesting game. The graphic looks really professional and the story seems to be awesome. I can hardly wait for the prologue. Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! I need some more! ;)

lemmy101

Howdy chaps! Just a quick update on our progress on the AGX Conversation/Cutscene Editor, which allows you to create cutscenes and conversations using actual Cole & Haag screenplay formatting with embedded script commands, meaning you can write your scenes in screenwriting software such as Final Draft, or write straight into the editor....

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Click to enlarge

Also, you can look at the example script file by following this link:

http://www.cgempire.com/forgottenelement/Example.rtf

The example script above runs perfectly in AGX and allows for dialogue writers to add content externally without a copy of AGS or knowledge of game scripting, and allows musicians/ sound engineers to sync audio to events the game without AGS installed.

Commands can be typed in manually, or can be added with nice simple dialogs such as the "add pose" one here:

The XML data generated by the editor can be run by the AGX program directly, or packaged into a datafile and accessed from there for released games.

Progress on the game is... well progressing :) We're getting there!!! ;)

Thanks everyone for their patience! :)

Lemmy & Binky

MashPotato

Wow, I just read through that rtf file and it really put it in clear terms what AGX will be able to do (to be honest, I didn't really fully understand before ;)).  It seems so easy to use, but gives you so many options to control your cutscenes just as you want them.  Great job guys, and thanks for planning to make it available to everyone later on! :) (hurry up with that, okay? ;))

Afflict

Dualnames

Wow. Someone worked on a game so hard. I hope it's worth it.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Nathan Allen Pinard

This game looks exciting! I used to own "Indian Jones and the fate of Atlantis" back in the day. One of my first true point-and-click adventures.

Ever since Myst, I've lost my interest in them simply because in traditional style point-and-click adventures the artwork was more painted than 3d, giving it a different feel. Like you were in a book.

This game definetly seems to be going with that tradition. Can't wait to play it.

Oh yeah, also anxious to hear Nik's music as well!

m0ds

Yeah this reminds me, when do I get to play with huge gigantic nurse tits?

I heard those tits are integral to the storyline.

Do I have to lick them or something?

I can't wait!

hedgefield

I was just thinking about the game yesterday, hoping all was still well. And I see it is! Can't wait to play it, and certainly can't wait to get my hands on those sexy plugins!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk