The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

thewalrus

A we still far off from the release of the first part of the game??? Any idea? I dunno how much longer I can wait....
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Nikolas

I could go for the rather obvious sexual joke, but I won't...  :=

I can only speak for the music, which is going rather well I reckon. Must be around 40% now... And lot more in my head. For the rest on which I'm not entirely responsible I can say that BGs are almost complete (I believe that 1 is pending), and furthermore all characters are drown... Now taken into account that Mia will have 8 direction walk, you can understand that animation is tricky. Script wise the game is currently playable begining to end, with some things pending though. New moduels, AGX, etc are almost complete...

I still don't dare to give an exact date, as these things tend to take a bad turn...

One note for the future is that many things will move faster for the next acts, as most things are already done, and will be used again to a certain extend...

nulluser

-

Bai Karl

hi, what software you use for character movements? veri nice and smooth frames.

CaptainBinky

All the animations were done in DPaint Animation (which utterly rules). I've used more frames in Mia's walk cycles than the other characters because she's the sprite you'll see the most.

CB

A Lemmy & Binky Production

calacver

Hey, your portrait looks so much better than that one from Amazon Queen. it's obivous who is the better artist.

I have to say, this game is setting up well, most likely the best game of 2007? We'll have to see, but I'd bet on it, don't think anything will come close. Not that it's a competition. But it shows what professionals (right?) can do with AGS.

I am also glad you are doing the music nikolas, any game you work on should automatically get music award, so I'm glad you are working on your first ags game music wise! And that track is pretty darn nice with sofia. You are almost making it unfair for the other musicians.

On a scripting side, those plug-ins sound sublime lemmy. Your work will surely not go unappreciated, I'm sure a lot agsers would benefit from the graphics and plug-ins.

The animation is brilliant, if you don't win the animation award it'll be weirdly odd.

Goodluck to the team (lemmy, binky, and nikolas).

The Forgotten Element FTW

edit
Quote from: Nikolas on Mon 19/02/2007 20:13:43, and furthermore all characters are drown...

Why did you drown all the characters?  :-\

Nikolas

Thanks calacver...

Indeed it is great to get recognition and surely we love it the way you have taken into this game. One thing though (and I think I'm speaking for all of the team), is that we never ever discussed awards, or whatever, or best game and what not. We are all 3 hooked up with the game (and every time I get more info about future acts, I get more eager to get on with the project), so nothing else springs to mind... :)

Peder 🚀

Quote from: WebsiteNikolas had a new idea of how to implement interactive music, and through Lemmy and Binky's intense feedback and scripting it turned into the current system with mp3/ogg support.

So does this mean you also made a music system that works somewhat the same way as the one in MI2?
And will this also be aviable for the community?

Nice desktop images!

Peder.

deadsuperhero

Ace looking site, can't wait for your game to come out!
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

lo_res_man

This game and the lost lagoon are my two most antisipated games. lets hope it IS the best game of 2007, (not the best game of say, 2010)
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

lemmy101

Thank you everybody for the kind words, your support means a lot to us!

Peder:

Some news on the music system. Big thanks go out to Vince Twelve for agreeing to let us include his funky (really) patented (not really) music system (used in the fantastic What Linus Bruckman Sees When His Eyes Are Closed) in AGX (and TFE, for that matter).

Nikolas has made some of the interactive elements using this system and they work a complete charm! It has to be said, Peder, that any system that uses MP3 could never be as versitile as using MIDI like MI2, but regardless this system works incredibly well, with the obvious advantage that the game can use super beautiful MP3 music and not blippy MIDI, so for what Nik wants to do (and is doing) with the music this is clearly the best system we could have used. Thanks Vince!

I'll look to getting the DirectMusic support into AGX (i.e put aMuse into AGX, and finish it), but this will not likely be in the first release given we need to approach tasks for the plugin that help get TFE prologue out first and foremost.

Cheers everyone!

lemmy&binky

thewalrus

Thanx for the little update, Lemmy. I have to say that I am still DYING to play this game. I think '07 is gonna be a great year for AGS! Keep up the good work and nikolas, I'm sure the music is goin' to be surpurb!!!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Fleshstalker

This game looks extremely interesting. Graphics are top notch. Its also nice to see a female play the role instead of a male. Its a nice change of pace.

Say... how many MB long will each the Prologue and three acts be?

lemmy101

As low as possible, but at the end of the day we want to make the experience as good as possible. Won't be anything silly, but will likely be in the "large download" category if I'm honest. The whole  3 act game anyway.

proximity

I want to cry :( The game is about to be published and i don't want to challenge this  beautiful game on AGS 2007 awards. Unfortunately, i will challenge  and Forgotten Element is going to take all of the awards. On the other hand, i am very happy because i will play this game soon :) Congratulations sincerely.
Proximity Entertainment

Fleshstalker

What game are you making proximity?

Nevermind, I found out which your making. Looks nice!

markbilly

Hello Lemmy&Binky. Can I just say "hurry up!" I'm dying with anticipation!

Yes, I'm here too. I'm everywhere...

I have to say, on the MB front it's going to be hard for you to keep the size down. Once music and sounds effects get added into the mix, the MB really start to add up. I have experienced this, and my game only has 8 rooms at the moment, and one music track.

Nikolas

Well...

About music, think of it this way more or less. Every minute of music can be around 1-1.5Mb... in ogg format (no touchy mp3). So I am actually looking at around 20-25 minutes of music, which means 30-40MB :-\ sound fx are never that big actually. I wouldn't expect them to be more than 5 MB in total, not only because of the length, but also because of the quality...

About the whole 3 acts + prologue, I don't think we can even make an estimation apart from "large download size" that lemmy said...

TastyCrisp

I'm not too fussed how large the download size will be, even if it was hitting a gig I'd still begin a download in an instant........

Still even if this is a large download maybe you could do something along the lines of if someone donates 'X' amount you'll post them a copy of the game on CD or something? I know there's some crazy rules and stuff surrounding effectively 'buying' a copy but Im sure people would be more than happy to cover costs of postage and cd if dial-up or download problems meant they couldn't actually grab the game.

Personally I miss buying pc games that come in big boxes with 50 page illustrated instruction booklets 5 disks and a whole bunch of other games related items (maps, collectors card etc.)....and although that's highly impractical would the team consider putting together some kind of 'pack' that could be 'obtained'? Because I know it would be awesome to actually have a copy of the soundtrack as an audio CD etc. as well as maybe some reprinted concept art stuff? I know in this digital age you can grab everything of the web anyways but still....it's nice to actually have hard copies of things too...and something looking this good surely deserves to be flattered with some realworld awesomeness

Anyways....I ramble...I know the final game is way off and there's so much to do without even considering stuff like this but just wanted to note some thoughts down as I really don't post on here as often as I should...

Keep up the great work!

Looking forward to seeing some more artwork / anything relating to The Forgotten Element soon!

TC
http://killabunnies.photofools.com - Art,Wallpapers and Profilioish stuff..oh and Killa Bunnies!

markbilly

Quote from: TastyCrisp on Mon 26/03/2007 13:51:06
I'm not too fussed how large the download size will be, even if it was hitting a gig I'd still begin a download in an instant........

Good point. Why are we even discussing this. I'll download it even if it takes me a day.

And all the other things mentioned with regards to a "game pack" sounds cool. Binky, you could do those art tutorials I've nagged you about? :P And an audio CD would be a nice touch too.

Problem is, I think the Forgotten Element is supposed to be fundamentally a free game, and so this probably won't happen. Unless they are willing to do all the extras for free... likely!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk