The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

Quote from: Emerald on Sat 09/02/2008 14:40:46
I don't understand why she doesn't just wear a bigger shirt which she can actually button up...
Because this shirt was the only one she could find!!!!!!!!! :O The other shirt was regular size and that wouldn't show her breasts as this one does. ;)

That or the graphic artis has an obsession with boobs... (healthy obsession if you ask me! ;D)

LimpingFish

Quote from: Emerald on Sat 09/02/2008 20:17:01
You realise 'she' is a drawing, right? :P

Yes, and as such, "she" has no concept of bashfulness, and is therefore immune to the unctuous rumblings of those that seek to suppress her sexuality.

Cleavage. Breasts. Hurrah!

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Emerald

Lol, "unctuous rumblings"... you did a funny...

Anyway, for some reason I've always felt the need to keep 'emotional narrative' and 'large, physically imposing breasts' apart... They just don't really seem to go together...

Secret Fawful

I think the developers have heard quite enough from all of you. I fully support their decision to make the game they want to make.

BUT GEEZ! I think they've heard enough, don't you? I think they GET THE POINT! No matter how many jokes you make, they're still gonna make the game this way, so just leave it alone unless you have something constructive and NEW to say.

You aren't even paying attention to the other characters, the gorgeous backgrounds, the orchestrated music....the breasts are very nice and all, but they're hardly the BIGGEST part of the game. (pun not intended)

Nikolas

Quote from: Fawfulhasfury on Sun 10/02/2008 19:48:43...all of you...

BUT GEEZ! I think they've heard enough, don't you? I think they GET THE POINT! No matter how many jokes you make, they're still gonna make the game this way, so just leave it alone unless you have something constructive and NEW to say.
Thanks for the kind support! :)

But don't worry. We don't mind this tease about the boobs etc. :) We kid around ourselves all the time, it's no problem really. :)

LimpingFish

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=25372.0

Almost two years have passed, and the breasts are still raising eyebrows.

Yes, I said EYEBROWS! >:(

Lemmy, Binky, and Nik have always had my full support, and will continue to.

And anytime breasts, in general, get a bad press, I will be there. Proud and erect.

Standing erect, you filthy-minded people! >:(
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

G

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sun 10/02/2008 22:21:16
And anytime breasts, in general, get a bad press, I will be there. Proud and erect.

Mine too... I mean, me too.

Go on with this jewel!

Emerald

I'm really trying hard to come up with a reason her breasts are directly linked to a number of important plot details...

Are there aliens in there, that burst out and go on a rampage? Or maybe she's the alien, and she was designed to efficiently attract men, like in Species.

Anyway, I disagree with the whole 'objectifying of women' argument - there's women in this world with large boobs. Which means that it's perfectly realistic to have a character with big boobs. And even if you do objectify her you can say you're doing it to prove a point.

The thing I don't really like is the fact that they seem sort of out-of-place. (This is also one of the reasons I hate anime)
They are kind of noticeable. Almost to the point of being ridiculous.

I mean, the Tomb Raider series has some serious plots, but there's always that undercurrent of playful sexuality, even when she's slaughtering a platoon of mercenaries with a pair of pistols... (Then, when she's finished, there will be a cutscene which zooms in on her ass for five minutes...)

Nikolas

Emerald,

Honestly.

If you think about it, this game is ABOUT this heroine! It is ABOUT a girl, who is the main character. So she is hardly being treated as an object! Second, you don't know the story behind the game (this is the prologue you're seeing here) and you don't know why she is this way.

Did you read the link, kindly provided by limpfish? (thanks limpy ;))

m0ds

QuoteI think they GET THE POINT!

And luckily we get two very well defined points ourselves.

;)

Emerald

Quote from: Nikolas on Tue 12/02/2008 14:45:15
If you think about it, this game is ABOUT this heroine! It is ABOUT a girl, who is the main character. So she is hardly being treated as an object! Second, you don't know the story behind the game (this is the prologue you're seeing here) and you don't know why she is this way.

Did you read the link, kindly provided by limpfish? (thanks limpy ;))

I don't think you read my post very carefully. I totally accept the choice of a large-breasted protagonist, and I'm sure she's not being objectified. Even if she is, you can say that it's a literary device you're using to hold a mirror up to modern social standards and make people reflect on what it really means to be a woman in a man's world.

And I did read the link. Binky really kicked that self-righteous guy's ass on that blog of his...

Anyway, the thing I don't understand is you keep saying 'her boobs fit into the story', yet I really can't see how that could work. I have never heard of a body part being an important part of any story, unless you count the end of the Crying Game... 

markbilly

All this talk of objectifying women, do you not think some people are 'objectifying' Lemmy and Binky's hard work? You are looking at the features their character and making assumptions as to their intentions, but, more annoyingly I think, you are taking the face-value of their game and making assumptions about what they wish to achieve with it. I think they really want to make a fun game as a challenging project, and I think they have created an interesting and engaging story. All this talk of breasts and immaturity is masking how mature they want their game to be, and its real purpose as a serious adventure game.

Now, you could say that Lemmy and Binky are not doing themselves any favours by designing their main character so... However I'm sure there is good reason, and the immediate, pathetic screeching it produces from some people doesn't do those 'some people' and favours either.

There are more serious places to be targeting inequality speeches, etc. Where they are really needed.

P.S. The game looks lovely, hurry up! :D

Nikolas

I probably didn't read your post right then... Whoops... (<-this is turning out to be my favourite word after all! :D)

m0ds

Serious as the game may be, gigantic breasted women walking around scantily clad in jungles & coastlines still has a very silly edge to it. But I don't see anyone complaining. No-ones hijacked this thread to demand her boobs be downsized. As far as I can see it the most of us "silly peoples" are just having a laugh. I'm sure if I made a game with a guy with a huge buldge in his pants then there'd be plenty of immature comments. And that's great. It's publicity afterall, and I'm sure Lemmywinks & Binky really don't mind so much :) And if they did, they would've deflated her long, long ago. Now, personally, I can't help it. I will continue to be silly and crack jokes about her massive knockers because they've given me reason too. Not because I don't like what they've done or disagree. They've just put big bouncy jubbly things on my agenda. HOORAY

Emerald

Quote from: markbilly on Tue 12/02/2008 15:11:15
All this talk of objectifying women, do you not think some people are 'objectifying' Lemmy and Binky's hard work?

However I'm sure there is good reason, and the immediate, pathetic screeching it produces from some people doesn't do those 'some people' and favours either.

Of course, the inevitable "Can't we all get along" Speech...

Just once I'd like to have an intelligent debate without someone getting all up-in-arms over their own half-baked perception of what the point of it is...

'Pathetic screeching'. Your self-righteous attitude appalls me foul knave... :P

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

What I don't get is why people who find they dislike something in a game (a game they haven't even played yet) try their damndest to be vocally opposed to get it changed rather than just, you know, play another game or accept that this is how the designer wanted things to be.  As a people we've become too demanding on others to kowtow to our own personal perceptions of what is good and right, and that's just not acceptable to me.  Please stop discussing this issue, since Lemmy and Binky have made it abundantly clear that they will make the game the way they want regardless of the boob-critique.  It's really just dragging this thread off topic and wasting pages and bandwidth.  Thanks.

Nightfable

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 12/02/2008 15:39:05
... I don't see anyone complaining. No-ones hijacked this thread to demand her boobs be downsized. As far as I can see it the most of us "silly peoples" are just having a laugh.
As a woman with pride and dignity (and smaller sized-boobs), I demand that this endowed-breasted pixelated b*tch be downsized this instant!! It's a... an insult to us all!! I won't stand for it!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Nah, just kidding!  :P

I Couldn't care less if she had a giant penis stuck in the middle of her forehead. I love, love, love the graphics and I can't wait to try out this wonderful game. I'm so glad that the main character is female, it seems not to happen too often these days, so it's a treat for guys AND girls. Whoever makes the backgrounds and sprites for this game is doing an incredible job, the story is interesting, I bet the programing will be superb -- and with Nikolas on board for the music, it will be sensational!!

Keep up the awesome work you guys!!

P.S. I've downloaded the large-scale wallpaper from your site yesterday and it's now my desktop wallpaper, I got to say my husband is quite the fan of boobs too. (I don't mean that I get turned on by big boobs... I don't mind them, but... um, I don't fantazise about them. Uh, oh geez. I'm going to shut up now.)

CosmoQueen

Glad to see there's progress being made on this game! I've been looking forward to it for a long time.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Darth Mandarb

This has gotten way outta control ...

Any more discussion/talk of the boobs/breasts whatever ... will be deleted with no warning.  So don't waste your time and stop cluttering up this thread with the same stuff that was talked about FOREVER ago.

Emerald

I like the guy's coat (the one standing next to the woman with the... brown hair). Looks like Neo's from the Matrix...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk