The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

i k a r i

WOW... :o

What wouldnt we all give for a nice youtube demonstration of the rain in action  ;D ;D ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

lemmy101

Ghost

This "Pose setup" really sounds very useful- I read you right that, after delivering TFE, you will make this public? Sounds almost too good to be true  :o

As a programming acolyte I'd like to know, how do you develop these tools? Are that plugins, or do you write programs that create, I do not know, the proper AGS code and copy'n'paste it, somehow, into the files?

Nickenstien

I thought that this is as good a time as any for me to say say......HI!  :)

Loads of work has been underway with TFE and AGX at the L&B HQ (does this sentence need any more acronyms?), and it is playing/looking/sounding BRILLIANT! So I am rather excited about it, and very glad to be involved! :D

It's a pleasure to work with such a talented bunch! *High fives to Lemmy, Binky, Mash & Nikolas* You guys are all so damned talented! :D

Also, as I have been developing the DirectX graphical effects engine for the AGX system, I must give another *high five* to CJ for his Plug-in/DLL support in AGS. The interface for DLL's within AGS is great!

So, errrr, yeah....... HI! To everyone! ;)

lemmy101

AGX consists of two plug-in DLLS, one for the DirectX overlay effects, and one for the conversation/cutscene engine.

There is then an AGS module which communicates with these two DLLs, so everything can be done with calls such as:

AGX.Start("Town/ThunderLoop");
AGX.Start("Town/Music1");
AGX.Start("Town/OldWomanIdleLoop");
AGX.AddEmitter("Rain1", 50, 20, 800, -15);
AGX.AddEmitter("RainSplashes", -10, 100, 800, 140);
AGX.AddEmitter("Steam2", 125, 240, 10, 10);
AGX.SetLogic("EnteredTown", "first");

The editor is written in C# in Visual Studio, and has no physical connection to AGS or AGX (beyond the files it spits out, which as xml and loaded by the AGX plugin) but we're working on integrating the editor into the AGS 3.0 editor, with CJ's help, so that AGX scripts will appear in their own category in the tree in the 3.0 editor! :)

And yes. Everything we do will be released for use by the AGS community. Also once the entire 3 acts are out and released, we'll be releasing all art, backgrounds, sprites, animations, effects, in their source formats for use by the community for free for non-commercial use. :)

That's some way off yet, though. But the initial release of AGX should be well within this year (we won't hold out on the plug-ins for all three acts ;)) , as we also should release the prologue. Okay, we've said "this year" a few times since 2006 but hell we're feeling like we're getting close, finally! :)

Thanks!

L&B

subspark

You certainly have a great attitude towards game development and the AGS community. I commend you for that. I wish I could donate some cash or something to help move you guys along this busy path. Got an official website for TFE?

A million cheers,
Paul. :)

CaptainBinky

Hi Subspark!

Thanks for the kind words - we sure appreciate it and it helps keep us motivated. It really feels like we're beginning to get onto the home stretch now.

We do have a website, it's http://www.theforgottenelement.com although we haven't updated it for a while (it still says it'll be released in 2007 - whoops!) - we'll do this as soon as we can squeeze some time in :D

Where are the rest of the bank holidays when you need them?

Cheers,

Cap'n Binky

A Lemmy & Binky Production

ildu

I have to agree with subspark. You're definately the team with the best take on professionalism and with one of the greatest attitudes I've witnessed here on AGS, at least concerning non-commercial ventures. I like that you're raising awareness by progress rather than hype. Oh, and the project looks great :).

Ghost

I'll chime in- the offer to provide these tools alone is amazing. And with such a promising game to back you up, more power to you!

thebaddie

oh it's raining so i think it's cold but she's still nude lol

Fleshstalker

Looks super! Cannot wait! This game and Da New Guys: DOTJ are what I really want to play.

lemmy101

Thanks guys for the lovely comments!

Just a quick post to say tonight we cracked the final technological hurdle in getting the existing overlay system (used for credits, logos, lighting effects, etc) over to DX9 to run alongside the new particle system, along with a new text rendering engine for doing dialogue choices in AGX. This is officially the last big programming thing that is required for the prologue! Everything else is pretty much sparkly bells and whistles! :)

That said a fair bit of work is still needed on the scripting / dialogue side, the prologue has grown a great deal as we've gone on...but we're getting closer than ever now!

/party!

subspark

dirk delshire

Go TFE Team! Thanks so much for updating AGS. Your game is awesome for it's pixels alone. It might be one to bring Old School adventure games game into style. 
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

Spike4072

This one looks great cant wait ti try it out. Keep up the good work guys ;)

sharksweetheart

dirk delshire

OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

subspark

QuoteThis game looks great and all, but where are her shoes?
And her raincoat? She must be freezing out there. Have you guys set up scene dependent costumes or do you have another governing system?

Cheers,
Paul.

lemmy101

Quote from: dirk delshire on Tue 01/04/2008 10:50:43
What are you going to do about all this Xna crap?

I'm sure we'll scrape by! ;)

Quote from: subspark on Tue 01/04/2008 11:13:16
QuoteThis game looks great and all, but where are her shoes?
And her raincoat? She must be freezing out there. Have you guys set up scene dependent costumes or do you have another governing system?

Cheers,
Paul.

Trust us when we say this point does not go unaddressed, no pun intended. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk