The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

subspark

Keep up the good work TFE-Team!!

Cheers,
Paul.

Edit: LINKS TO DP REMOVED

Darth Mandarb

I didn't say his question was un-reasonable ... but it was answered and back-n-forth at this point (such as "thanks, blah blah blah") will just clutter up this thread (as does me having to explain this over and over again).

Not to mention that the question didn't need to be asked as the answer was already provided if he had read the thread entirely.  Either way, now it's definitively answered so no more on this subject!

Also, subspark, neither of those links work!

lemmy101

AGX plugin update guys and gals! :)

We've finally got the AGX editor integrated into AGS, which has allowed us to interface with AGS more closely and to provide the AGX script editor with funky features such as:

Visual character positioning

When you add a teleport, walkto, or pose change to the AGX script, it will display the target room and allow you to click/drag or nudge the character to their target position (Click for full image)

All characters present in the room according to the currently edited script will be displayed in their current pose and position, so you can align them up perfectly in cutscenes without ever having to edit X, Y coordinates again! It can also display walkable areas to aid in placing your characters, and even obeys character scaling set up for walkable areas!

Thanks to CJ for the awesmoe plugin interface!

Thats all folks! :)

Will keep you posted on any new additions as and when they go in! :)

L&B Team

Ghost

Awesomeness- continue this, and your release will justify a version 4  ;D
No, seriously, there are a lot of interesting and useful little ideas bundled in your system. Promising stuff, I can't wait!!!

And I hear you are making a game too  ;)

dirk delshire

I have absolutely no problem with European women.  ;D
I love Zoe Castillo(Dreamfall) better in the original artwork then the in game model. Kate Walker(Syberia) is also very alluring in all her French beauty.
I love how user friendly you've made your plugin. I can understand visuals far better then text. 
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

ThreeOhFour

subspark

Indeed godspeed guys, brilliant work. Well deserved credit for your magnificent leaps and strides! Congrats team!

Cheers,
Paul.

lemmy101

Thanks guys! Your supoprt means a lot! We've added zoom, character scaling and walkable area support now :) Refresh the images to see.

L&B Team

hedgefield

Can. not. WAIT. for this game.
Im looking very much forward to playing it, and perhaps even more to getting to use the AGX plugin. That thing looks sweet!

lemmy101

Another AGX update guys! :) Announcing the latest addition to the AGX toolset in its early stages of development:

DP AGX!

Click for full image.

A faithful recreation of Deluxe Paint Animation on Windows for the first time! along with functionality to create and export animations straight into AGX + AGS, it loads and saves Deluxe Paint Animation ANM files (along with other common formats), Wacom pad pen pressure support, multiple undo/redo, and will hopefully be a competitive free pixel-art program with lots of AGS specific functionality.

We're adding features that we need for development, but we hope ultimately it will contain most, if not all, of the DPaint Animation functionality, and we'd like to get layers and other cool features in there too. :) With the option of having it seperate or integrated fully into AGS.

W00t! :)

Thanks!

To subspark: I'm not 100% sure, but I don't actually think that DPaint was ever made officially public domain and EA still retain the rights, unfortunately. :( Which is some of the reason we undertook this DPAGX project (apart from being able to add some modern features to it)

L&B Team

Vince Twelve

Jaw, meet floor.  You guys do remember that you were working on a game, too right?  ;)

lemmy101

:D hehe yup. progress is thundering along. We're just investing time that will cut down on TFE development as much as possible over the three acts with the happy side effect of some cool stuff we can release to the community.

Thanks! :)

L&B Team

subspark

Thanks Lemmy. I've taken down the links to the protected software.

Cheers,
Paul.

ThreeOhFour

Basically...

Oh my God.

Now this is taking dedication to another level.

Awesome.

Mr.T

Quote from: Ben304 on Tue 22/04/2008 04:11:06
Basically...

Oh my God.

Now this is taking dedication to another level.

Awesome.

I will second that   :o

Mazoliin

DP AGX! That's so awesome! :D

You people are amazing, can't wait for the game and AGX!

CaptainBinky

Thanks chaps! There's a fair bit left to do to DP, but because features are implemented in order of features that we personally use in Electronic Art's DPA, it's not far off being completely useable. Things like the perspective tool (and smear / smudge brushes - but heck - who uses them in DP???) will be further down the line.

Ta,

L&B

A Lemmy & Binky Production

i k a r i

QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

JoelMayer

wow! great! i've been wating for a remake of dp for years! in the original dp iv there seem to be no way to work with my intuos 3 in the program.

awesome news! any release dates?

lemmy101

We think an early alpha of DP will be released before any of the other tools, or TFE Prologue itself. Just... when it's ready! :) The first version will be missing some features but will hopefully have most things pixel artists commonly use. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk