Murran Chronicles 3 - Life Drinker of Landsdowne - Beta Almost Over - New Video

Started by poc301, Thu 30/06/2011 00:16:31

Previous topic - Next topic

poc301

The Murran Chronicles: Episode 3 - Lifedrinker of Landsdowne

UPDATE Sept 10, 2011

The game's final Beta version is out, and the fixes are now at a very slow trickle.  The game will be released in early October, 2011. 

Three years of development, and the game is finally about ready.

To keep myself sane, I decided to do a new Promotional video for the game.  The demo features finished graphics, GUIs, animations and some of the features like the map/travel system.

http://www.billandnicole.net/games/ep3/murran3.wmv

Thanks!

Plot/Storyline
-------------------

Shortly after your adventure with the mystery in Montana, you are given a case involving mysterious deaths in Landsdowne, Massachusetts. The bodies of two men in their early twenties have been found recently, and according to local authorities both dead men looked to be in their seventies when their bodies were found. There is no explanation as both men were thought to be healthy, and in the prime of their lives. Add to this the odd reports of a pack of strange animals roaming the town at night, and you have your work cut out for you. Is there some sort of vampire creature on the loose as some of the town rumors suggest? What is behind the rumors of odd goat-like creatures that have been seen after nightfall? Are the two related? You are thrown into the midst of an age long battle between good and evil as you investigate the case of the Life Drinker of Landsdowne.

About The Game
------------------------

Life Drinker of Landsdowne is in 640x480 resolution, running in Hi-Color mode.   This game will be almost twice as long as the second game, and will have much more content, many more characters: some with dynamic locations, and 3 different endings depending on the paths and choices you make as the player.  

This third game in the series will be the first to not feature the police cruiser as your primary mode of transportation.  Dust off those walking shoes, there is much to see in the town of Landsdowne.

This game will also feature something new to the Murran Chronicles: day and night cycles.  Explore the town during the day, and return to places as night for a whole new look at them.  

Beta Tester Info
-------------------------

The game has been in production since April of 2009, and has many hours of blood, sweat and tears put into it.  Total gameplay time from start to finish for me is just over 6 hours, and I know exactly what to do to progress since I wrote it.  I would guess that the average player would have 8-10 hours of gametime (hopefully).

BETA IS CLOSED

Some screenshots:

These last 2 screenshots feature the old GUI and cursors which have been updated:

(Typo in this screenshot has been fixed.)

Thanks!

-Bill

The Master

Looks great, I haven't played the first two yet, but want to play soon.
Good luck =)
One, two, Freddy is comming for you,
Three, four, better lock your door,
Five, six, grab your crucifix,
Seven, eight, better stay up late,
Nine, ten, never spleeps again.

poc301

Thanks to all who have volunteered to test the game.  Due to the volume of offers I've gotten I have now closed the Beta.  It will help keep my sanity as I proceed on fixing any bugs and keeping straight who is who  :o

Seriously though, thanks to everyone out there and hopefully the game will be done and released shortly!

-Bill

poc301

Quote from: The Master on Thu 30/06/2011 00:53:34
Looks great, I haven't played the first two yet, but want to play soon.
Good luck =)

Thanks!  You don't need to play the 1st 2 in the series to get where this one is going, but they are short games :)

-Bill

poc301

Just a post letting everyone know when the game is due out, and to show the new promo video I made to show some of the game.  See initial post in thread.

-Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk