TROICA [Now abandoned]

Started by Dualnames, Sat 07/08/2010 23:44:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Screenshot bump.

I believe I may actually finish this between projects here and there, I think we're a bit on the long run and all, but the game is starting to shape up a lot and we're just gonna need polish and all. Hopefully by the end of my internship, I'll get to finish this.

A big thanks so far to Igor Hardy, mode7, ptpt88 and JimReed for occasionally putting up with my rants about this game on the last 6-7 months.

Lack of both inspiration and consistency, that's what almost killed this project, 2 months ago. I've also been introduced to some great and inspirational music in search for my muse, cause it's really great to have a standard source of inspiration, like Final Cut and the Wall was for Disquiet.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AnalogGuy

I just can't wait until I can get my hands into it  ;D
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

AnalogGuy

Bump.

Just wanted to get more attention to here...  ;)
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

Dualnames

And since you decided to bump, here is what the background 3 posts above looked at the concept stage, including some parts like "ex tempore" that were just too retarded to use.

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

How do I join the official Troica Fan Club? I saw an advert somewhere, but can't find it anymore.

Wyz

I'd like to express my support for Troica, are there any buttons available?
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Wonkyth

Damn, I just got another error:
   ---------------------------
   Adventure Game Studio
   An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
   (ACI version 3.21.1113)

in "GlobalScript.asc", line 1232
   from "GlobalScript.asc", line 1390

Error: Error running function 'on_likebutton_press':
   Error: could not load facebook.buttons.load

OK   ,   FUCK
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Dualnames

A bug, goddamn it!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Snake

Stay on topic, guys, please ;)

As for signing up for the Fan Club, all you have to do is email us at: troica_fanclub@yahoo.com, with the subject line SIGN ME UP! to receive updates and additional goodies about the game that you can't find here.

I will update the first post with this information as well.
Updated
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Dualnames

Hey, that's hack very clever, Snake! I love you, so much!

The thought police has edited this post.

Turtiathan

That is some nice artwork you got there. I also like the idea of telling the same story in different ways.

How far are you guys into the project?

mode7

I think I'm the one to blame why this game isnt out yet. I'm doing the animations but because I'm in the middle of state exams I hardly get any work done.
Progress is made with snails pace but progress is made. Also I feel that troica doesn't deserve to be rushed.
Thx a lot for the patience, and sorry to all those who desperately wait for the game

Dualnames

Quote from: mode7 on Sat 13/08/2011 17:43:09
I think I'm the one to blame why this game isnt out yet. I'm doing the animations but because I'm in the middle of state exams I hardly get any work done.
Progress is made with snails pace but progress is made. Also I feel that troica doesn't deserve to be rushed.
Thx a lot for the patience, and sorry to all those who desperately wait for the game

I have to say, that what has been delivered by mode7 is fantastic, so yeah, I'd rather stall this.  ;)

m0ds

Keep it up. In time, it should be fun! Surely it's also due to Jim being busy working on everyone else in the worlds' AGS game too, though ;)

AnalogGuy

Sigh...  ::)

Still waiting... and nothing heard from either Mode7 or Dualnames...

Am I bumping for nothing?  ???
---

DutchMarco

I read in he titles of some posts that you are looking for a musician. I have a tenor saxophone, which I can play a bit as well ;D, if you'd like to, I could record some tunes for you (simple tunes, mind; and the recording-sound-quality won't be so great either).

Dualnames

Quote from: DutchMarco on Thu 03/11/2011 10:02:58
I read in he titles of some posts that you are looking for a musician. I have a tenor saxophone, which I can play a bit as well ;D, if you'd like to, I could record some tunes for you (simple tunes, mind; and the recording-sound-quality won't be so great either).

I can sincerely tell you, that well, unfortunately you're a bit late. The guy aboves you has sat on the chair you are claiming.

Grim

Also, I'm not sure solo saxophone tunes would fit a heavy sci-fi game... but then again, maybe?...  :-\  It's just that for some reason I imagined Kenny G's kind of sax pop. Now, if it was some really dark and strange modern jazz.. that could be an interesting combination.

Still, the post is taken and bits of the soundtrack I heard are pretty damn good!  8)

AnalogGuy

Quote from: Grim on Sat 05/11/2011 05:05:51
Also, I'm not sure solo saxophone tunes would fit a heavy sci-fi game... but then again, maybe?...  :-\  It's just that for some reason I imagined Kenny G's kind of sax pop. Now, if it was some really dark and strange modern jazz.. that could be an interesting combination.

Still, the post is taken and bits of the soundtrack I heard are pretty damn good!  8)

Grim, to my knowledge, I haven't published yet anything for the soundtrack, so what "bits" are you talking about?

No offence, DutchMarco, but I really would have hard time trying to fit sax sound there, althought I haven't seen much of the game yet.
---

Grim

Quote from: AnalogGuy on Sat 05/11/2011 14:46:57
Quote from: Grim on Sat 05/11/2011 05:05:51

Grim, to my knowledge, I haven't published yet anything for the soundtrack, so what "bits" are you talking about?

I had Dualnames hum them to me in my dreams.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk