Welcome to Tallinn - 100%

Started by gameboy, Mon 30/01/2006 14:57:05

Previous topic - Next topic

gameboy

Well-well. I'm working on a game.
I've been doing it for a long time, actually. It's my first solo-project, and I couldn't come up with a better story. However, I'm trying to finish it before the summer. Maybe even earlier.
Only time will tell.

Story: Tallinn. The city of asphalt and concrete. But still some people call it their home and love this place.
...and some people not. A guy who lives in Türi (a little town not very close to Tallinn) has just got his driving-license and bought a car. And he wants to go to Tallinn to watch a movie in the cinema. So he goes there... and watches the movie. But then -- he finds an empty parking lot on the place where he left his car. So it's stolen. He decides to start finding it in the big city. And the rest of the story is the game itself!

Graphics: Yes, many of the bg's have been in Crits Lounge. Anyways, two screenshots are here:

Oh yeah, and the graphical programs are the good old MSPaint and the-best-thing-on-earth ArtGem, ofcourse. ;)

I'm not very far with the game yet, but you can see the progress here:

*Story: 90%
*Scripting: 100%
*Graphics: 100%
*Music: 100%
--
*Translating: 10%

And I'm not sure about the release date. But I want to finish it before the summer. Oh I already said that.

Umm... and there will be no demo. I don't like making demos.

So what you think? Hope you like it :)

---

UPDATE 1th Feb: I changed all of the main char sprites. (see the picture below)

UPDATE 10th Feb: Thw game is progressing...not quite fast at the moment... so much school work, so much school, and other things to do.
But -- I try to use every moment of my little spare time to develop my game.
And I also made up my mind - the game doesn't need any more music, so two tracks is enough for me.

UPDATE 13th Feb: I got only two words: Coming soon!

UPDATE 18th Apr: Now let's say, It's not coming that soon, as I expected earlier, but things are going still fine.

UPDATE 7th June: The Estonian version is finished! Already few days ago, that is.
Currently I'm translating it to English. Maybe I will let someone check the spelling too, but I'm not sure of that yet.

Chicky

I admire your art gameboy, it's a nice clean and consistant style. Keep it up!

gameboy

Thanks! Always glad to hear good comments of my art.

AlbinoPanther

Well gameboy congrats you have some realy nice and attractive graphics there a Welcome to Tallinn will be one of the best games in AGS atleast in graphic aspect :D.

ArtGem is a true GEM for game makeing we enjoy it too  :=

And 50 times read with only 2 replys :o your game deserves more attention.

So go and make it (now we have one more thing to look foreward next summer SWIMING and Welcome To Tallinn)

LD[/b]

Saberteeth

DUDE, the graphics are awesome and I hope the story is good too. Keep it up.

Oh and I agree with LJUBI, this game definetly(did I spell it right ???) needs more atencion.

Hope you release it soon...

Sean

Looking good, story sounds a bit I won't say crappy... 'boring'. However, if you manage to make an interesting player character and good puzzle system then the game will be well worth a look.

Good Luck :)

Rd27

Well you don't (atleast I have not) see everyday a game that happens in Tallinn  ;D.

It sounds good and the graphics are, if not great, good  :).

Nikolas

I wouldn't call the graphics great as well.

BUT there is something that appeals very much to me. Maybe it's the colours. So colorfull...

Wonderfull in the end.

And I'm sure that no matter how well someone may know 3d Max these BGs are just great (and without great graphics! Amazing).

With that said I can only wait for the actuall game to be released...

So... I'm waiting...

scourge

Hey gameboy, I like the graphics! It is, as chicky says, consistent and clean. Great work, goodluck!

Mordalles

looking very promising!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Derwo

The backgrounds are really nice, but the main character is missing something (bar the hairÃ,  ;) ), especially compared to the police officer.

Also good to see a fresh location for an adventure game.

I wish you all the best with your game!Ã,  :)

gameboy

Good news! The game is progressing fast at the moment. The story is almost complete (in my head), I only need to make up one puzzle.
And I've made many bg-s too.

And the release date may be even earlier, about in the middle of the spring or something like that.

Saberteeth

Quote from: gameboy on Sat 04/02/2006 10:01:33
Good news! The game is progressing fast at the moment. The story is almost complete (in my head), I only need to make up one puzzle.
And I've made many bg-s too.

And the release date may be even earlier, about in the middle of the spring or something like that.

If you need any help with puzzles, you can PM me if you want...
Can't wait for the release!

gameboy

Yes, I'll consider that if I get stuck with the puzzle.

Btw I almost forgot: The game will be in two languages -- Estonian and English (I'll translate it when I complete the game)

ildu

Why is the guy bald, and why doesn't he have ears? I can see ears in the sideview, but for example in your banner, he doesn't have em. I would advise adding them to the front view as well. If he's bald as a choise, why not make a grey stubble?

gameboy

Actually I've already tried to add some ears it the front view, but it didn't look very good... like... an elephant (?) or somethin like that... (ears seemed too big)

vict0r

Dude, where's my car?!

gameboy

Heh, yeah, almost like "Dude where's my car",
the only differences are that there's only one guy lookin for the car, and he's not able to get home.
But the storyline is pretty similar...
(Oh NO I gotta change it a little bit or they'd call me a copycat!)

Lad

What police station is it, Narva mnt.?   Oleviste Church looks great(out of the police stations window), if it is Oleviste? It really looks like Tallinn!

gameboy

Well, since I don't live in Tallinn myself, I don't actually know anything about specific police stations. In fact, I guess there's no police station in that place.
And I drew the Oleviste church there just to make it look more prettier and more like Tallinn.

Actually the city in the game is SO not like real Tallinn, there's many locations that are not there actually. At least, there are no BGs that I've drewn by using photos about a specific place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk