Who Can It Be Now?

Started by tbook, Mon 29/04/2024 21:13:21

Previous topic - Next topic

tbook

Who Can It Be Now?

FEATURES:

Original story

Piotr, a socially isolated IT worker, gets a visit from an unknown woman. The event takes him on a path of danger and the supernatural. A story of fascination, hypnotherapy, death and other...

A unique cast of characters

Music inspired by the 80s horror movies

Hand drawn art

Progress

Graphics - 5%
Puzzles - 10%
Scripting - 6%
Writing - 95%
Music / Sound - 90%

The full version

Apart from the things described above I want the full version to contain some puzzles as well as mini-games. The game shouldn't be too long, but as of now I'm doing everything alone it's not going very fast.

The Process

So far the biggest challenge for me is drawing backgrounds. I find it hard and grueling work, I will probably need to figure something out to progress and not go crazy.  Also, coding the mini-games will be a hard task, if I manage 2 from the 3 planned minigames I will consider it a success.
The story came rather quickly and was for me the initial spark for the game. It is a part of a bigger narrative, but the game is planned as a stand alone project. Then came the music - it is very natural for me to work like that. I created a couple of artworks for it and started to put the pieces together. I hope to finish it and share it with you this year  :)

heltenjon

The title is filled with intrigue, and some of those mug shots look downright scary, which is appropriate for a horror game. Sounds interesting. Best of luck developing!

tbook

Thank you!  :-D It's not straight up horror but it surely has some dark atmosphere and themes.

DBoyWheeler

The title made me think of the "Men at Work" song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFC6ud1cAQ

Anyway, it will be interesting to see where this project goes.

tbook

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Tue 30/04/2024 00:52:31The title made me think of the "Men at Work" song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFC6ud1cAQ

Anyway, it will be interesting to see where this project goes.

Thank you!

Yes, this song, along with others from that era, inspired me to start the story :)

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: tbook on Tue 30/04/2024 08:52:19Thank you!

Yes, this song, along with others from that era, inspired me to start the story :)

Heh, that would explain it.  Anyway, I'm sure this will be a fun game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk