Woodlands - Updated (2008-01-23)

Started by fovmester, Sat 16/07/2005 09:14:49

Previous topic - Next topic

fovmester

It makes you nervous?  ???

Well your wish came true! Summer ended abruptly two days ago when it suddenly started raining like a monsoon. It is like nature have to make up for these last two months with only sun and sun and sun.

So I have actually been doing quite a bit just these past days: one complete background, one character with animations and a sketch of another background. I won't post anything here, though, or there won't be much surprise left when you play the game. ;)

Quote from: Petra on Thu 10/08/2006 18:15:20
Thank's for reporting the progress on your game!

The latest background is even making me more nervous ;D

Hope the summer will end in Sweden so that you may finish this game ;D

Can't wait for this one to come!!!

Nikolas

Quote from: fovmester on Sun 13/08/2006 00:13:00
I won't post anything here, though, or there won't be much surprise left when you play the game. ;)

Thanks for that. :)

Maybe just some updates with percentage or how many new BGs you completed... Maybe put in there a couple of lies also so that the audience will be dissoriented ;D ;D (Not kidding...)

Anyways, once more here to state that Woodlands is one of the games I'm also (along with everybody else I guess) waiting for. Your graphics have a really strange charm which I can't pinpoint but is definately there. :) Thank you for that. :) :)

fovmester

2006-09-20:

A long time since the last update. But now I have something to report, though. I have done two new backgrounds, complete with the characters in them and the puzzles (very graphical). All together I have drawn aorund 80 frames of animation.

I have also programmed the puzzles, and written dialog, fixed bugs and made a new load/save gui which required a bit of tinkering. I thought long about whether to show another screenshot or not, but finally I decided to do so.

The new screenshot is the house and garden of a very important character in the game. What's with the bunnies, you say? Well, wait and see...

ildu

Looks awesome :). You have a nack for making everything you do look interesting. I'm already dying to know who that guy is, how those bunnies will animate and what the house will look like inside.

Mats Berglinn

Great as usual. Now I understand why the anthropomorphic rabbits were called Junbies (or whatever it was called I forgot) instead of Rabbits or Bunnies. It was pretty unexpected to have both anthroppomorphic animals and "regular" animals in this game.

Just two cutscenes and nine backgrounds to go. Seems that we can expect a release quite soon, hopefully before the end of the year (maybe).

fovmester

Quote from: ildu on Wed 20/09/2006 09:57:05
Looks awesome :). You have a nack for making everything you do look interesting. I'm already dying to know who that guy is, how those bunnies will animate and what the house will look like inside.
Why, thank you very very much!

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Wed 20/09/2006 10:43:27
Great as usual. Now I understand why the anthropomorphic rabbits were called Junbies (or whatever it was called I forgot) instead of Rabbits or Bunnies. It was pretty unexpected to have both anthroppomorphic animals and "regular" animals in this game.
Never thought of the junies as rabbit-like. More doggy-like in that case. But yes, there will be ordinary animals in the game as well.

Just two cutscenes and nine backgrounds to go. Seems that we can expect a release quite soon, hopefully before the end of the year (maybe).
Maybe... ;)

Ubel

Man, I'm getting more and more excited about this. :)

CosmoQueen

Wow I've never seen a game like this before!! It looks great!

I love the original story and characters.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Queen Kara

I'm still looking forward to the finished product.
*worship*
Best wishs.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

fovmester

Thank you all so much for the support!! I am doing my best to get the game out as soon as possible, but it is a big project.

One thing that might speed things up a bit is that I have gotten help with the music from my cousin who is an expert on such things. Together we made three new songs this weekend and now he went home and will hopefully complete more songs. That means that I can concentrate on the rest that needs to be done (which is still not a small task, though ;) ).

Iv4n

You know, it's good to have such a helpful cousin :).

fovmester

I probably shouldn't but I can't stop myself from showing this.

i k a r i

You shouldnt post more screenshots, now I will expect a cool monster sequence and I wont be that surprised about it :P. "Oh yeah, this is the part I saw in the latest screenshot, its even better animated" instead of "Wow, I wasnt expecting this game to have such an amazing animated sequence, and what a cool monster  :o, nice surpriese."

;D

The good thing is, you keep confirming this game will be awesome, the bad thing is, I cant wait.
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Mordalles

that looks amazing, fov!

*jealousy list updated*

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

dsg_charly

I'm agree with everybody:

To my mind, this is the more interresting AGS project since Apprentice 2.

Petra

Have not been here for a while and I missed the most interesting screenshots since months :(

But now I found them and really can't wait to play this game!

Good luck for finishing it soon ;D

Mats Berglinn

Woah, nice sea/lake-monster. It looks like a combination of the Loch Ness monster, Kraken, japanese dragons and sea-serpents. Nice hair too. It's a great teaser.

I wonder if this creature is in league with that evil wizard?

thewalrus

Wow, I really like that screenshot of the dragon.....Very well done!!! I'm really looking forward to the completion of your game. Keep up the great work.....
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

fovmester

Quote from: i k a r i on Fri 06/10/2006 09:05:55
You shouldnt post more screenshots, now I will expect a cool monster sequence and I wont be that surprised about it :P.

I see your point. I just couldn't bear to not show this one. But I will try to keep myself on a leash from now on. ;)

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Mon 09/10/2006 10:50:46
I wonder if this creature is in league with that evil wizard?
Maybe. Maybe not.

Quote from: Mordalles on Fri 06/10/2006 11:16:10
that looks amazing, fov!

*jealousy list updated*
Thanks!! That means a lot coming from you, Mordalles!

Thank you all for still being interested in this project! I know it has taken long (1 ½ years now!!!), and it will probably take some time more before it is time for beta. But it will be a big game, with lots and lots of characters, scenes, animation and fun puzzles! Hopefully it will be worth the wait!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk