Woodlands - Updated (2008-01-23)

Started by fovmester, Sat 16/07/2005 09:14:49

Previous topic - Next topic

fovmester

2007-02-25: Here's a long overdue update on development:

The last months I have done a lot. There has been nothing really major to report, which is why I've kept quiet. Put together, however, what I have done counts as a great deal. Here's a list of things done:

* One complex scene consisting of:

** A background
** Three new characters
** About 50 frames of new animations for Tom
** Several sounds

* Lots of inventory graphics. One doesn't take long to do, but I had postponed this for to long, so it took me a while.

* Sketches of four new backgrounds. I am starting on colouring these in PS next.

* Dialogs.

* Cleaned up scripted sequences, dialogs and interactions.

* Added hotspots with suitable interactions to ALL (40+) rooms. This is another thing that at first seems like a small thing. But if you don't do it right away it quickly builds up into a huge work load.

So nothing really fancy has happened, but these are things that needs to get done. And this past months have been perfect for these things, since I have had to work only short durations at a time with it.

Hope you all are still interested!  :-\

nihilyst

Of course I'm still interested ... I wish you good luck with making progress. Can't wait to play it ^^

Nikolas

still interested as well. FOR SURE!

Thanks for the update!

And if no oe posts after me, I'll keep bumping this thread every 2 months and 30 days. ;D ;D ;D

Steel Drummer

Looking good! Glad to hear it's still being made. A shame you couldn't have released it before the last AGS awards, but oh well. You don't need to bump it, Nikolas. :)
I'm composing the music for this game:

m0ds

Nice monster! Any inspiration from LBA2? :)

Darth Mandarb

Good to know the game is still in production.Ã,  It's up there on my list of games I'm really anticipating!

Quote from: Nikolas on Sun 25/02/2007 16:52:11And if no oe posts after me, I'll keep bumping this thread every 2 months and 30 days. ;D ;D ;D
Ummm ... no.

thewalrus

Wow, this is indeed excellent news. I concur with Darth, glad to hear that the project is still alive. BTW, I loved the demo....

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

fovmester

Quote from: Mods on Sun 25/02/2007 17:19:44
Nice monster! Any inspiration from LBA2? :)

Oh, I played that game ages ago. Still have it in a box under my bed. Don't remember any monster from that game, though. It's possible however, that the inspiration has seeped from the game box into my subconscience when I have been sleeping.  ;)

dsg_charly

I remember playing the demo, it had one big problem: it was a demo!!!!

Hope you finish Woodlands soon, it seems so great, sure a must be played AGS game.

fovmester

Before I enter the silent mode again, I wish to show you all a last screenshot. This will be the last one to appear before the release of the game, so please look at it carefully. ;)

Fleshstalker

Iv4n

Well the screenshot is a big spoiler by itself :).

Btw I wonder if the question of Toms beer belly will be concerned in the game :D

Steel Drummer

This game looks like a beautiful, deep, dark fantasy game. Can't wait to play it!

i k a r i

Great as usual, this is one of the most expected AGS games =P, I think it's very wise not to post more screenshots, let us have some surprises  ;D.
Thank god you have this Hobbie of making games...  :P
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Steel Drummer

You know, what impresses me most is the effectiveness of the graphics. It's a simple art style, really, not too amibitious; the sprites look like they were done in MSPaint (and that's not necessarily a bad thing), the simplicity of the art is what makes it so good. It's not BAD art per se, it's a very clean, simple style. The backgrounds fit perfectly.

ildu

Quote from: Steel Drummer on Thu 08/03/2007 02:08:53It's not BAD art per se, it's a very clean, simple style.

It's not bad art at all. Forget the technique, because it's all about the design. And the art in this game has good design.

Yup, great work. Still waiting :D.

Fleshstalker

I just checked out the demo. Great work with it. I love the animated scenes. Wow! I also like the fact that there is plenty of text so far. The more text, the more fleshed the characters and story are.

I bet this game will be over over 100MB since the demo had about 2 backgrounds and was about 5MB. Seeing as there are 40+ screens (or backgrounds) I am really looking forward to this game.

fovmester

Glad you liked the demo! Just had a look at the game executable. It is 107 MB at the moment. Geeze! And I'm not done yet! :)

Nikolas

Yeah but RAR size 100 could be less than 30 or something. And for THIS game it's all worth it!

Chicky

PM me if you want me to delete this Fov :)

After hours of hacking i have done it, a new Woodlands screenshot has been leak.

:=

Really looking forward to the game Fov.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk