SOLVED: GUI label limit

Started by barefoot, Fri 29/04/2011 08:16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

barefoot

Hi

Is there a Label limit and if so, how many?

I noticed that the GUI icons have now vanished from the top of the window so i can't add a new label on a GUI... (I have  26)

Strange.. I restarted AGS and it now appears as normal and I can add more labels..

barefoot
I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

monkey0506

IIRC, the maximum number of controls you can have on one single GUI (for now) is 30. You can check the value in the script by using the AGS_MAX_CONTROLS_PER_GUI (in the same way you would use an int variable or int value).

Did you possibly have 30 controls already added when you tried to add more? And then didn't save when you exited, removing the newly added controls, opening it up for more to be added?

If you need more than that, the workaround is to use more than one GUI.

barefoot

Hi Monkey

if you include buttons - then yes.. about 30.. still, strange how the icons vanished and then returned when ags restarted.. anyhow..

Thanks monkey -  something to be remembered..

barefoot
I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

monkey0506

I'd actually say it's not strange if you had added controls until there were 30 in total, and then didn't save the game when you exited.

You can only have 30 total controls. Whether they're Buttons, InvWindows, Labels, ListBoxes, Sliders, or TextBoxes, you can only have 30 total.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk