dialog speech

Started by stuh505, Tue 25/05/2004 18:19:58

Previous topic - Next topic

stuh505

when playtesting my game, i am finding it difficult to not accidentally skip over information that should be gained in talking because it is given through dialog trees...and clicking the mouse skips over what is being said.  the text seems to hang there for a bit too long, which makes me want to click the mouse...but just as im clicking the new dialog comes up, causing it to be skipped.  im afraid this is going to cause important information which cannot be backtracked to be missed by the player, so i want to disable the "click to skip" feature.  how should I do this?

Scorpiorus

SetSkipSpeech(...) should do the trick ;)

Kweepa

There's a skip speech option in General Settings - set it to "can't skip".

I like to "click to skip" though, but like stuh505 I often miss dialog. I'd suggest an option where you can't skip for the first 0.5 seconds...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

stuh505

great, thanks:)

well speaking of customizable settings on this line of thought...it would also be a nice alternative if you could control a variable used in the equation that determines how long to display it by default.  this way you could choose between 2 good options: reduce the time displayed but prevent skipping, or allow skipping but not in the first .5 seconds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk