How to share my Game

Started by Kooij, Thu 02/05/2024 23:34:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Kooij

This seems like a really dumb question But I've been following tutorials and im still super lost. I went to my compiled folder and I don't see anything that I can use to share my game with. Will people need to have AGS to play it?

RootBound

The editor deletes outdated versions of the game from the compiled folder automatically, so if you make changes you'll have to compile it again. There's a build EXE icon near the you of the editor and an option in the dtop down menu too. Then it should show up in the compiled folder... until you make more changes to the game.  :)
They/them. Here are some of my games:

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: RootBound on Fri 03/05/2024 00:24:07The editor deletes outdated versions of the game from the compiled folder automatically, so if you make changes you'll have to compile it again.

I'd like to clarify this, Editor does not delete outdated exe, it deletes game exe in Compiled/Windows whenever you run a test (with F5). This is an old problem and I won't delve into details on why is it doing this here (but we have a TODO for fixing this).

The solution is indeed to do Build -> Build EXE before distributing the game.

Khris

Press F7 in AGSEditor to generate a fresh build. Look inside the Compiled folder and you'll find a Windows folder. In there is the game's exe, winsetup.exe and all required resources.

You can now rename the Windows folder to the name of your game, then right-click it and add it to a new zip folder. Share the zip file, it contains everything people need to run your game on Windows.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk