LucasArts GUI Help Thread (NEW Scumm GUI Available!)

Started by TerranRich, Fri 01/08/2003 06:04:47

Previous topic - Next topic

c_mcbrutal

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Tue 26/07/2005 22:53:03
http://www.freewebs.com/skimbleshanks/templatesandmodules.htm

Just unzip the file, and place it all in your ags directory. When you create a new game, the new template choice should appear.

I have tried this link and it is 404 also when I click to download the file. Does anyone know where else I can get a copy, or could someone e-mail me the Lucas GUI?

subspark

Hey. It's been a while...but, I am curious. Has anyone actually managed to recompile ANY of the LEC Templates for use with AGS 2.7 Beta 3 and succeeded with testing it fully?

Also, I wish to have a DOTT,FOA,MI2 style interface but my game resolution is 640x480. Is there an easy way of adjusting the code to take the > resolution into account?

In my opinion JAVA and .net fx is going to give AGS an expidential increase in functionality and user friendliness. But thats beside my point. Just loving the moment! Purely loving it!  :D

Any ideas about the resolution and any news on the LEC game templates' full compadability with 2.7b3 would be greatly appreciated.

Beers,

Subspark.

That Guy

I've managed to reconstruct an LEC-style interface using my own graphics and scripting... since this template appears to be either MIA or incompatible with 2.7, would anyone benefit from my posting a tutorial of some sort?

Mats Berglinn

Is it possible for changing the inventory from having two rows to one and that you can have more inventory items on the same row than four? If yes, how?

monkey0506

Check the InvWindow.ItemHeight and InvWindow.ItemWidth properties (AGS 2.7+).  For 2.62- it's SetInvDimensions.

To make only 1 row, with more than four items per row, just make sure that you set the height to that of the height of 1 inventory item, and the width to more than the width of 4 items (at least 5 to be able to have 5 items per row).

Lazarus

I'm progressing well with my game using the MI2 template (thanks to the creator Proskrito for making the template!) and converted the template for use with AGS 2.7.

Here's my problem:

I now am at a point where I have around 25 inventory items active for use on each other, obviously only a few will combine! 

The problem I have is that if I "use inventory item on another inventory item" sometimes it works (displaying the message I have scripted for it), sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it says the unhandled event (i.e "That doesn't work") ...

What I don't understand is there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.

I would like the player to receive a message everytime they try to combine items.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Or, if you are using the template can you tell me if you can use inventory items on each other and always get a message and not nothingness?

Hope I haven't babbled!

Thanks ...

PS  I haven't "fiddled" with the original Inventory Scripting on the template.
*Currently using AGS Editor 2.70 (Build 2.70.601)*

SSH

Lazarus, you should have said that you got your template uploaded to http://www.lumpcity.co.uk/~skimbleshanks/templates/MI2v2.7.zip;D

Thanks for the work. Maybe a mod can update the title of the first post now!

Lazarus

SSH:

I didn't think!, sorry!

I hope the template is okay but it may need tweaking here and there (I am relatively new to this scripting lark).

Arrays and struts will be my next headache me thinks  ::)

... so you guys will be fed-up with me and my postings before too long  ;D
*Currently using AGS Editor 2.70 (Build 2.70.601)*

subspark

Still no update for MI2 Template? RC2 has been released and the MI2 template remains ever so.....incompatible.  :'(

Gilbert

Why? The template for V2.7 is quite new already, just that there're some huge changes in string handling for AGS V2.71 makes it not directly usable without small changes.
Unless you know what you're doing or you desperately need some new features you should not work with a non-release version of AGS (though V2.71 had reach RC already...).

subspark

Yes but it is safe to assume these changes in the way RC2 handles string constants is permanent. And I want my game to work with it as soon as possible. RC2 has been thouraghly tested or it would not be a release candidate.Ã,  :)

Minor bugs and hickups asside, I want my game to be compatible with the lastest + stablest version of AGS.

The point is, my game code isn't going to work with AGS 2.71 Final nor any future version. So I am asking anybody who 'knows what they're doing' for help in adjusting these minor errors to work with the new version's architecture sooner rather than later.

Too much?

Cheers.

Gilbert

Maybe, in fact my game was made with V2.6SP1, and I'll let it stay even when it's released, I won't even upgrade it to V2.62. In my opinion if you start your game with a stable release version, unless you really need some of the new features or bug fixes you don't need to change the game to use a newer version of the engine. This can save you from many problems while upgrading, especially when you use third party components that may not work properly when the engine version is changed.

subspark

Yes and no. It's important to work with the developer to ensure a smooth and comfortable workflow. Obviously some major things have been changed since 2.7 (which we were warned about naturally) however I need 2.71's new features to work with. I've only just begun my game so theres really no harm in making a swift change over to the latest build.

In addition, after the upgrade and proper adjustments I don't think my game will become incompatible like it is now for quite some time. But as you said, it needs a few minor adjustments and at this stage, I'm prepared to try anything to get my games to work with the latest tools.

Again, if anyone could help me get the obsolete code to work with AGS v2.71 RC2 I would be most appreciative.

BTW: I've started a new thread. So please post there in regards to this issue.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?PHPSESSID=ef5c5e1983193a0baabe32bb6a8a9a39opic=23252.0

Thanks again.

GokuZ

I am using the MI2v2.7.zip GUI and It works a treat!, I'm currently editing the overall look of the GUI and I cant figure out how to change the 'Action' text from the purple/pink to a green style
Any Ideas?

Death does not affect me : It's just a minor inconvenience

Ashen

Two things:
First, change the 'default' colour of the label on the ACTION GUI to dark green (2 should do it).

Then, open the Global Script ('Script -> Edit Global Script'  or Ctrl-G), and scroll down to around line 30.
You should see two lines like this:
Code: ags
#define ACTION_LABEL_COLOR_NORMAL	 5//	Used in highlighting the action bar.
#define ACTION_LABEL_COLOR_HIGHLIGHTED 	13

Change the 5 to 2, and the 13 to 10.

You might have/want to play with the numbers a little, to get exactly the shades you want - get the numbers from the 'Palette' window of the editor - but that should be it.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

GokuZ

GokuZ

Back Again, I've been modifying the MI2 GUI and I've moved the Inventory Screen Location, but now I cant get the Scrolling Inventory to work the way I want it and its driving me *&%$£ nuts!
This is what it looks like and the code Im using in the Global Script
Code: ags
Ã,  Ã,  if ((button == 10) && (game.top_inv_item < game.num_inv_items - game.num_inv_displayed))
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  game.top_inv_item = game.top_inv_item + game.items_per_line;
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  
Ã,  Ã,  if ((button == 9) && (game.top_inv_item > 0))
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  game.top_inv_item = game.top_inv_item - game.items_per_line;
Ã,  Ã,  }

If I stretch the Inventory size to fill the 8 slots , it seems to work but it doesnt cycle the inventory correctly

EDIT: Aghh Ive searched all over this forum and all I can find is bits of code that just create more errors in the Global Script.Ã,  I know that this code above has been made obsolete with the invMain.ScrollDown(); but theres no clear cut way how to implement it without errors!

EDIT:SOLVED I needed to change the #define FIRST_INV_SLOT_COORDSÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  170,205 in the global script

Seddonym

Hi, is anyone else having problems importing the Proskrito's DOTT template into AGS 2.70?

When I try to compile the template it gives me a series of compile errors that I'm not sure how to deal with:

First I get a message that the variables 'gui' and 'object' in the function GetLucasSavegameListBox() are global variables and cannot be used locally.  I renamed those variables within that function.
I did the same for 'hotspot' in VariableDefaultAction().

The second error regards GoToCharacterEx(): "Function declaration has wrong number of arguments to prototype".  I haven't been able to get beyond this one.

I wouldn't expect any of these compile errors anyway, as I can't find anyone else to have reported it.  Any ideas anyone?

PS The MI2 template works perfectly.

PPS The DOTT template mentions a word document included in the zip file (although the download's a rar file) that doesn't appear to be there.

strazer

The second error means that the function header in the global script, e.g.
  function GoToCharacterEx(int a, int b, int c) {
does not match the import statement in the script header, e.g.
  import function GoToCharacterEx(); // causes error because parameters are missing
instead of
  import function GoToCharacterEx(int a, int b, int c); // correct

The templates have been written with older versions of AGS and they are not updated regularly so such errors are to be expected.

Seddonym

Thanks Strazer, it now works.

Was wondering if anyone knows how I can get hold of the DOTT template documentation that's meant to be included in the zip file?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk